BREAKING Justice Breyer Retiring at End of Term (and Jackson hearings)...

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
So how many GOP votes does she get? I’ll say 17. Shelby votes yes and Tubby votes no.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Mo comes out against the nomination.

Not a shock, he's seeking the office.

But as I said - McConnell is gonna have a meeting (probably already has) and say, "She's going on the court anyway, so you do whatever helps you most in the next election." There are, of course, some idiots like Josh Hawley. But I figure she'll collar a number of votes of retiring Republicans, those on the ballot in swing states either this year or next, and even a few of what some think are "hard cases" who look and say, "She's qualified, and that's all."

Don't be surprised if Lindsey Graham is one of them.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Not a shock, he's seeking the office.

But as I said - McConnell is gonna have a meeting (probably already has) and say, "She's going on the court anyway, so you do whatever helps you most in the next election." There are, of course, some idiots like Josh Hawley. But I figure she'll collar a number of votes of retiring Republicans, those on the ballot in swing states either this year or next, and even a few of what some think are "hard cases" who look and say, "She's qualified, and that's all."

Don't be surprised if Lindsey Graham is one of them.
yeah generally there isn’t much real opposition just a bunch of showmanship.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
A bunch of GOP griping over how the Dems refused to give earlier GOP nominees a civil hearing while ignoring how refusing to give Garland a hearing completely poisoned the well of good will the Senate likes to pretend they honor.

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
Just in case you didn’t think this whole “What is a woman” shtick isn’t planned check out the trailer released today.

This is of course in partnership with daily wire.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Just in case you didn’t think this whole “What is a woman” shtick isn’t planned check out the trailer released today.

This is of course in partnership with daily wire.

garbage is as garbage does

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
To Hawley, Cotton, and Cruz it is pure political theatre antics. They get to be seen on national TV, showing off their political conservative gamesmanship, while trying to intimidate a highly qualified, and respected member of the bench. I suspect when these 3 yahoos run for President in 2024 their ads will carry many sound bites from these hearings showing real Americans how to stand up to a non white, non male, non Christofacists, liberal, SCOTUS nominee.

Reactions: seebell

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
To Hawley, Cotton, and Cruz it is pure political theatre antics. They get to be seen on national TV, showing off their political conservative gamesmanship, while trying to intimidate a highly qualified, and respected member of the bench. I suspect when these 3 yahoos run for President in 2024 their ads will carry many sound bites from these hearings showing real Americans how to stand up to a non white, non male, non Christofacists, liberal, SCOTUS nominee.
None of those 3 will sniff the nomination. I even have doubts that Desantis will either. Unless there is a massive Red Wave in the fall I think Republicans are either picking Trump or someone that is lesser known that is going to attract independent voters. Cruz and Hawley are too flawed it would be like Lindsey making another run at it. Sure Trump is extremely flawed but he has a far and away a larger base than any of those 3.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.