Juwan Simpson arrested?!?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkwilkerson

All-American
Feb 20, 2006
Tuscaloosa, AL
Re: A GOOD friend of Juwan just called me...

From the sound of things, the flashy rims.....ect....

this is just another example of excessive force by law enforcement, overstepping boundaries.....

I doubt JS was swerving, It sounds as if, with racial tendency, these cops pulled the vehicle over for obvious reasons....

that makes me angry!!! :mad:

JS said they couldn't search his car, they forced the search

therefore, anything obtained from that search should be inadmissable in court, due to the fact that, yes...it was probably an illegal search

I am no rocket scientist (3rd year biology major) but where there is smoke, there is usually a fire....

I knew JS was a standup guy (I've smoke pot, and I'm a good guy) and that these cops were just profiling vehicles....

that's what it sounds like, profiling vehicles, happens every day sadly :mad2:

It sounds like the defense attorney, is doing what he's supposed to, and I think that they will throw up so much red tape, that the DA might just dismiss the charges....

after that last post, it sounds as if JS is going to be okay, he may actually come out on top, who knows...

from the sound of things, CMS is on his team, and supports him.....

but we shall find out later :BigA:

buzzincuzzin

All-American
Jan 8, 2006
Re: A GOOD friend of Juwan just called me...

As I posted in the other tread, I don't think the legal ramifications are nearly as bad as the political ones. Getting off on a technicality is not going to be that easy in the court of CMS. Legally, this is somewhat minor for a majorly good young man.

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV
I strongly support both Bama footballl and the U. S. legal system. Flashy rims and swerving don't get you arrested, but unregistered concealed firearms, possession of stolen property and MJ will. Laws are made for the good of a civilized society and are meant to be enforced by the servants of the people. Juwan will get his day in court, until then we can only speculate what the outcome will be. I wish him the best.

rkwilkerson

All-American
Feb 20, 2006
Tuscaloosa, AL
I fully support the laws of the United States,

however, if this search (which lead to the charges) was indeed not warranted..

all charges should be dismissed, :rolleyes:

let's not skate around the issue, b/c these officers are human, and vehicle profiling occurs every single day.....

for example:

a car with 35 inch chrome wheels with tinted windows and a blasting sound system, is more likely to get pulled over than a blue haired old lady driving a old model sedan...

our justice system works, but it's not perfect.....

If the search was preformed illegally, or EVEN if it was preformed "out-of-step" those charges are void, and it is a technical falt of our justice system

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was pulled over once for going 87 mph in a 25 mph zone, I was given a 450 dollar ticket with a wreckless endangerment charge, where I would have go before a judge....

I put the ticket in my glove box, and was going to go by the court house in a few days to take care of everything, pay my fine, stand before the judge, and go to traffic school and any other punishment the judge would have issued, which would have probably been community service....

later that week, I was at a gas station filling up my truck when the same officer that pulled me over a few days before pulled up beside my vehicle....

he said "aren't you the guy I pulled over yesterday....."

I said "yes"

The officer said, "give me that ticket...."

I reached into the glove box and grabbed the ticket and handed it to him...

HE RIPPED IT IN HALF AND THREW IT IN THE BACK OF HIS CRUISER...

The officer, at the time of the traffic violation, had failed to sign the ticket

the ticket was void, and I didn't have to pay a thing, appear in court, beg for mercy from a judge, or go to traffic school....it was as if the traffic violation never happened...

I still was driving to fast, and I still was a danger to society that day, but I didn't have to answer for my actions b/c the cop made a mistake...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If the search was preformed illegally, TOUGH COOKIES Jefferson County, that's the way the world turns...

better luck next time, and tell your officers to follow protocol and ethics

If the search was followed within the law, then so-be-it I have no problem with that whatsoever....

If that is the case, let what happens, simply happen

but our society will not put up with police overstepping their boundaries....

It happens every single day, and we all know it :rolleyes:

Last edited:

rkwilkerson

All-American
Feb 20, 2006
Tuscaloosa, AL
bamaslammer said:
Seems unlikely a person in his position would be trafficing stolen goods unless there was a driving force like a drug or gambling habit. If he's guilty I don't ever want to see him in a Tide uniform again, but I'll wait for the court to decide the truth.

I agree, if the search was warranted and within our legal system, the court will decide his fate....

If the search was unwarranted, he may be guilty, be he no longer has to answer to Jefferson County....

there's a different story with CMS, technical release, or not :biggrin2:

bamaslaw

All-SEC
Jan 16, 2005
Atlanta, GA
The more I hear about this, the less I'm worried about Mr. Simpson.

If the friend's story is remotely true, a decent lawyer will put enough pressure on the DA to get it to misdemeanor level.

As others have said, I expect Coach Shula to take a different stance.

Those of you who've been walking in to the stadium might see Juwan running some bleachers :)

rkwilkerson

All-American
Feb 20, 2006
Tuscaloosa, AL
bamaslaw said:
The more I hear about this, the less I'm worried about Mr. Simpson.

If the friend's story is remotely true, a decent lawyer will put enough pressure on the DA to get it to misdemeanor level.

As others have said, I expect Coach Shula to take a different stance.

Those of you who've been walking in to the stadium might see Juwan running some bleachers :)
I couldn't agree more :) 100%

CMS is going to setup a BDS Boot Camp for JS :cool2:

...so many steps......

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
I believe we have had enough harsh criticism by our members who don't have all the facts. One fact is certain; none of you will have any voice in the matter.

Let's slack up on the lynch mob posts I have deleted a few already.

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
rkwilkerson said:
was my post (the lengthy one above) considered a "lynch mob" post....

I'm not sure if you were referring to me :conf3: :conf3:

-- (rkwilkerson) --
It didn't get deleted.

lowend

All-SEC
Feb 20, 2005
Here's the thing:

If the charges are true, it would be better for the University that the search process be legal and that it follows the legal system. We don't need a player to get off on a technicality. That looks too much like favoritism.

rkwilkerson

All-American
Feb 20, 2006
Tuscaloosa, AL
naw, he's going for his 2nd Bachaelor's degree,

I believe his first degree was in "financial planning"

whatever that is...... :conf3: stock market stuff, maybe?? not sure

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
lowend said:
Here's the thing:

If the charges are true, it would be better for the University that the search process be legal and that it follows the legal system. We don't need a player to get off on a technicality. That looks too much like favoritism.
Along those same lines Coach Shula doesn't seem like a "technicality" type of guy.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
rkwilkerson said:
naw, he's going for his 2nd Bachaelor's degree,

I believe his first degree was in "financial planning"

whatever that is...... :conf3: stock market stuff, maybe?? not sure
Wealth management
Risk management
Diversification
Estate planning
Portfolio planning

Essentially: How not to blow the wealth made in a short career as a professional athlete.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
some people got really bent out of shape because myself and a few others said he's probably in jeopardy of being kicked off the team. we were met with some of the "enough with the guilty until proven innocent" responses.

i don't speak for anyone else, but i never said anything about his guilt or innocence. i would imagine that team rules don't hold that you can only be dismissed if you are convicted of a crime.

as i said, unless this is a mistaken identity case or (as i should have included before) a situation where simpson was completely innocent, unknowing, and simply in the wrong place at the wrong time, then there's probably a basis in team rules to dismiss him due to the multitude and seriousness of the charges.

that's all i was saying.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I couldn't have afforded a bag of pot when I was in college......hell, I lived on Ramen, and Kraft Macaroni and Cheese..........AND I had a job. A full-time student, and athlete, with a gun, a bag of pot, and a vehicle with 35" wheels is the part that bothers me......regardless of if the search was Illegal or not, the fact that a kid going to college on the taxpayers dime....would have a little more respect for the system.

I wish him the best......but it does tarnish our already damaged image!!

Hard to bash the Orange much today.........maybe we should learn to keep our comments to ourselves.....

Just a thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.