Katie Boyd Britt in US Senate Race for Shelby’s Seat

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I have often wondered just what he has on them. (seriously)
Buddy and I said the same thing - it's like the movie "Shadow Conspiracy."

"Hey uh.....Little Marco.....just want you to know it would be a shame if your wife found out about that cheerleader in Maui that time so....if you could support this bill....maybe nothing will come out and then again maybe it will..."

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
the republicans (the politicians and voters) supporting trump have agency. they are not being cowed, they know exactly what they are doing and are willfully going along. what he has "over" them is that they can't be in the in-crowd in the republican party if they don't bend the knee. the folks voting for him and going along with him are getting exactly what they want, unapologetic christian white nationalism.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Opinion column in today’s Birmingham News by Cameron Smith, endorsing Katie Britt.

The online headline (something about a “McConnell Killer”) isn’t what’s in the newspaper. In print, it’s “Alabama Has a Senate Candidate With Upside.”

In it, Smith recounts his frustration with Mitch McConnell back in the days when he (Smith) was on Jeff Sessions’ staff. Essentially stemmed from McConnell forever playing the long game, whereas Sessions and Smith wanted to be disruptors.

But Smith says in the years since, even though he still doesn’t fully agree, he’s come to respect McConnell’s boring but effective approach. Governing vs. grandstanding and being a firebrand.

Smith also points out that majorities aren’t won in deep red or deep blue states. They’re won in, “New Hampshire, Colorado, Arizona, Pennsylvania, Nevada and now Georgia.” He goes on to say (accurately, in my opinion) that in those states, “conservatives can definitely win, but crazy won’t fly.”

Side Note: I think if Trump hadn’t tried so hard to overturn the results of the presidential race in Georgia, the Republicans would have won both senate seats there….the voters rightly rebelled against a clear attempt to steal an election.

Smith says that somebody like Katie Britt can build a consensus and be the young face of the Republican Party. Whereas Mo Brooks may play well at home, but is viewed as a buffoon everywhere else, and does far more harm than good nationally.

I know Britt has an uphill climb, and she may really be running for Tuberville’s seat in 2026, but I’m rooting for her this go-round.

Reactions: seebell

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Opinion column in today’s Birmingham News by Cameron Smith, endorsing Katie Britt.

The online headline (something about a “McConnell Killer”) isn’t what’s in the newspaper. In print, it’s “Alabama Has a Senate Candidate With Upside.”

In it, Smith recounts his frustration with Mitch McConnell back in the days when he (Smith) was on Jeff Sessions’ staff. Essentially stemmed from McConnell forever playing the long game, whereas Sessions and Smith wanted to be disruptors.

But Smith says in the years since, even though he still doesn’t fully agree, he’s come to respect McConnell’s boring but effective approach. Governing vs. grandstanding and being a firebrand.

Smith also points out that majorities aren’t won in deep red or deep blue states. They’re won in, “New Hampshire, Colorado, Arizona, Pennsylvania, Nevada and now Georgia.” He goes on to say (accurately, in my opinion) that in those states, “conservatives can definitely win, but crazy won’t fly.”

Side Note: I think if Trump hadn’t tried so hard to overturn the results of the presidential race in Georgia, the Republicans would have won both senate seats there….the voters rightly rebelled against a clear attempt to steal an election.

Smith says that somebody like Katie Britt can build a consensus and be the young face of the Republican Party. Whereas Mo Brooks may play well at home, but is viewed as a buffoon everywhere else, and does far more harm than good nationally.

I know Britt has an uphill climb, and she may really be running for Tuberville’s seat in 2026, but I’m rooting for her this go-round.
Even though it wasn't applied directly to him, "Brooks" and "disrupter" are a perfect match. Even in his earliest days here on the county commission, he was always angry, pointing out the victimhood of his constituents. Nobody wanted to work with him, just as in Congress. The impression was always that of a spoiled, unruly child, wanting attention, any attention at all, even if it's negative. I would never have thought it could have been parlayed into a senate seat. We will be saddled with the two most ineffective senators in the nation...

• Thank You
Reactions: UAH

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Well, if Trump had not gone on his old anti-mail voting thing for months, the GOP would hae at least won the Perdue race on Election Night and then the other one wouldn't have really mattered all that much. IIRC, they traced that 24,000 Republicans who voted in the primary did not vote in the fall election - and the GOP wouldn't have needed ALL of those votes to win either race.

So that's stage one.

Then stage two, we had Mr. "I'm Never Gonna Admit I Lost" spending no less than two full months in full-rage mode against the entire Georgia system. (Bear in mind, this same moron says TO THIS DAY that he actually "won" the USFL-NFL trial, repeatedly going back to "well, the jury ruled in our favor" and then claiming that the jury had been persuaded that Trump didn't need the money so we'll give the NFL a win, too). I mean, he DID win that lawsuit about like Hillary won the White House.

I agree actually with two points working in symmetery here:
1) Georgia voters INCLUDING SOME Republicans (Biden would not have won without them) rebelled agianst the Trump thing
2) the Democratic base got energized by the claims as well as the Stacey Abrams ground work to go all-in

Well, and a third point:
3) Trump persuaded the rubes that they'd had something stolen from them and it didn't matter, so he effectively reduced the number of voters the GOP might have been able to count on

And once again, LOOK HOW SELF-CENTERED his whole approach is. He's now going after candidates he never endorsed who are trying to use his name (again, why?). While I tend to be reluctant to accuse any public person of just flat out mental illness, we had a red hat wearing President who clearly was off the spectrum on that subject. Either that or a sociopath or both. (The Trump-loving half of my Facebook still parrots his crap and Sidney Powell months after both were discredited. Always amusing how Fauci being wrong about a projection is "never trust this person again" but Trump lying about everything he can is treated as truth...by people who quote Jeremiah the prophet no less about evil people ruling).

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Well, if Trump had not gone on his old anti-mail voting thing for months, the GOP would hae at least won the Perdue race on Election Night and then the other one wouldn't have really mattered all that much. IIRC, they traced that 24,000 Republicans who voted in the primary did not vote in the fall election - and the GOP wouldn't have needed ALL of those votes to win either race.

So that's stage one.

Then stage two, we had Mr. "I'm Never Gonna Admit I Lost" spending no less than two full months in full-rage mode against the entire Georgia system. (Bear in mind, this same moron says TO THIS DAY that he actually "won" the USFL-NFL trial, repeatedly going back to "well, the jury ruled in our favor" and then claiming that the jury had been persuaded that Trump didn't need the money so we'll give the NFL a win, too). I mean, he DID win that lawsuit about like Hillary won the White House.

I agree actually with two points working in symmetery here:
1) Georgia voters INCLUDING SOME Republicans (Biden would not have won without them) rebelled agianst the Trump thing
2) the Democratic base got energized by the claims as well as the Stacey Abrams ground work to go all-in

Well, and a third point:
3) Trump persuaded the rubes that they'd had something stolen from them and it didn't matter, so he effectively reduced the number of voters the GOP might have been able to count on

And once again, LOOK HOW SELF-CENTERED his whole approach is. He's now going after candidates he never endorsed who are trying to use his name (again, why?). While I tend to be reluctant to accuse any public person of just flat out mental illness, we had a red hat wearing President who clearly was off the spectrum on that subject. Either that or a sociopath or both. (The Trump-loving half of my Facebook still parrots his crap and Sidney Powell months after both were discredited. Always amusing how Fauci being wrong about a projection is "never trust this person again" but Trump lying about everything he can is treated as truth...by people who quote Jeremiah the prophet no less about evil people ruling).
I thought Jeremiah was a bullfrog... :)

• Haha
Reactions: Go Bama

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Even though it wasn't applied directly to him, "Brooks" and "disrupter" are a perfect match. Even in his earliest days here on the county commission, he was always angry, pointing out the victimhood of his constituents. Nobody wanted to work with him, just as in Congress. The impression was always that of a spoiled, unruly child, wanting attention, any attention at all, even if it's negative. I would never have thought it could have been parlayed into a senate seat. We will be saddled with the two most ineffective senators in the nation...
I read somewhere the only bill he ever introduced that became law was one that named a post office after someone.

His election will make Tubby our second dumbest Senator. I don’t expect much from a football coach. An attorney who has served in the legislature should know what to do.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
I do not think I will vote for a republican for atleast a couple more election cycles but I think she is 10 times better than Mo Brooks.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Reactions: UAH

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
She makes me feel better about Mo Brooks. I’d take him over her. One positive about Mo is he’ll be 68 on Election Day. So probably two or three terms at most. We could be stuck with her for 40 years or more.

Reactions: seebell

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
She makes me feel better about Mo Brooks. I’d take him over her. One positive about Mo is he’ll be 68 on Election Day. So probably two or three terms at most. We could be stuck with her for 40 years or more.
All of these make me long for the days of John Sparkman and Howell Heflin. They knew how to make a deal...

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
this article was posted in another thread

That’s incredibly disappointing. I wonder if she truly believes that, or just feels she has to say the words in order to get elected.

Even so, she‘s light years better than Mo Brooks.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.