Katie Boyd Britt in US Senate Race for Shelby’s Seat

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
The Democrats are basically giving up in this state. They got lucky with Doug Jones and he got steamrolled by Tubby. Walt Maddox as well.

Someone in my community Facebook group posted a rant about Twinkle and the PSC. Someone suggested voting for the Democrat running against her and they didn’t want to even consider the possibility.
I can't understand why anyone would literally cast their vote to place the republic in jeopardy when they could cast their vote to preserve, defend, and strengthen it.

I can think of no worse policy position than destroying the nation in order to "save" it from democrats and that's what republicans are running on these days.

And people are just like "Yeah, I'm cool with that."

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I can't understand why anyone would literally cast their vote to place the republic in jeopardy when they could cast their vote to preserve, defend, and strengthen it.

I can think of no worse policy position than destroying the nation in order to "save" it from democrats and that's what republicans are running on these days.

got to keep "those people" out of the mix

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Yes, but the Democrats to a large degree have allowed themselves to be castigated this way. That people would prefer an autocracy than vote for a democrat. I mean, damn, you have to create a platform and a message that doesn't even allow that to come into play... Get in the ballgame and trade blows offering what Middle America values.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Yes, but the Democrats to a large degree have allowed themselves to be castigated this way. That people would prefer an autocracy than vote for a democrat. I mean, damn, you have to create a platform and a message that doesn't even allow that to come into play... Get in the ballgame and trade blows offering what Middle America values.
The Dems are more inclined to turn the other cheek while the Repubs just slap harder the next time.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
I blame women for getting raped as much as I blame democrats for being unfairly demonized by hard right anti-American hate groups trying to destroy the country while claiming democrats are the ones doing it, which is to say that I don't.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I remember years ago, Dick Durbin was reduced to tears on the Senate floor over some remarks that were not that far off the mark. The right wing went into full attack, and Durban folded.
it’s an old story, but illustrates JD’s point. pulling for the Dems can sometimes be demoralizing, I wish they typically had stronger backbones.

• Thank You
Reactions: seebell

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I haven't been keeping up with this one but have noticed the thread, so when I saw this I figured it would be relevant.

Katie Britt has won the Republican nomination for Senate in Alabama, defeating six-term Congressman Mo Brooks in a primary runoff after former President Donald Trump took the unusual step of rescinding his endorsement.

• Thank You
Reactions: seebell

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I haven't been keeping up with this one but have noticed the thread, so when I saw this I figured it would be relevant.

Mo called her a "Democrat" in his "concession speech"...

• Haha
Reactions: 92tide

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
I wish he had said something more like this 19 months ago.

I mean, he got what he deserved election-wise, but considering the likely winner in November will be just another Trump sycophant it's not much consolation.

“We are sending to Washington, D.C. the the exact opposite of what we need in the United States Senate,” Mo Brooks said. “But the voters have spoken. They might not have spoken wisely. They may have been seduced by brazenly false advertising. But nonetheless, they have spoken and I respect them.”

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I mean, he got what he deserved election-wise, but considering the likely winner in November will be just another Trump sycophant it's not much consolation.

“We are sending to Washington, D.C. the the exact opposite of what we need in the United States Senate,” Mo Brooks said. “But the voters have spoken. They might not have spoken wisely. They may have been seduced by brazenly false advertising. But nonetheless, they have spoken and I respect them.”
I guess that's "respect lite." He's spent 11 years accomplishing exactly zero except making himself a target of ridicule. I hope he enjoys his retirement. I know I will...

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

At least he isn’t claiming it was stolen from him.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Well, Britt won the runoff, by not quite a 2:1 margin. Last I saw with over 90% of votes counted was roughly 64 / 36. Point being I’m not sure Trump’s endorsement made a difference in the outcome….maybe the margin, but not the outcome.

Brooks didn’t say the runoff was stolen. Not even close. He said that the people had spoken….just not wisely.

Short of inciting insurrection, I’ve honestly never seen such a case of sore-losership put on display for the public to see, especially given the margin of defeat. Trashed the opposing campaign, trashed about anybody he could think of, including the voters.

Whereas some here say Britt is a Trump acolyte, Brooks called her the worst thing he could think of….a Democrat.

Here’s a link to the WSFA video:

It really was theater.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: UAH

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
The entire Senate contest seemed like theater. From start to finish. Trump endorses “kick ass” Brooks, then pulls it. Britt lowers herself to ask for Trump’s endorsement when hindsight suggests she didn’t need it.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Well, Britt won the runoff, by not quite a 2:1 margin. Last I saw with over 90% of votes counted was roughly 64 / 36. Point being I’m not sure Trump’s endorsement made a difference in the outcome….maybe the margin, but not the outcome.

If you haven’t seen it, google a video of Brooks’ concession speech. No, he didn’t say it was stolen. Not even close. He said that the people had spoken….not wisely, but they had spoken.

I’ve honestly never seen such a case of sore-losership put on display for the public to see, especially given the margin of defeat. Trashed the opposing campaign, trashed about anybody he could think of, including the voters.

Whereas some here say Britt is a Trump acolyte, Brooks called her the worst thing he could think of….a Democrat.

It really was theater.
never? We just saw a president try to overthrow our republic and refuse to concede I think that is a little more sore loser than anything this loser did

Reactions: Go Bama

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Maybe Brooks will go on a vengeance kick against Trump, and devote himself to giving Trump grief.

It just occurred to me Britt doesn’t need Trump or his good will any longer, she’s in for six years, and Trump will be long gone by then.

it would go a long way towards redeeming her image if she were to repudiate Trump now, in public fashion. “On second thought, I reject his endorsement.”
Turn the tables on him and his game. “I don’t need him anymore.”

Last edited:
Reactions: UAH and seebell

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Britt = Brooks. Same voice, different body. She'll get as much done for the people of this state as he did, which is nothing.

Stupid GOP voters in this state keep sending the same crap to D.C., while waving their GOP/MAGA flags in celebration, yet continue to wonder why things never improve or get better for themselves. Hmmm.

• Thank You
Reactions: Jon

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Britt = Brooks. Same voice, different body. She'll get as much done for the people of this state as he did, which is nothing.

Stupid GOP voters in this state keep sending the same crap to D.C., while waving their GOP/MAGA flags in celebration, yet continue to wonder why things never improve or get better for themselves. Hmmm.
She's smarter than Brooks.

She has a lot to prove. Elections are stupid and I won't read too much into that.

Maybe we get lucky here and she turns out to be a thoughtful legislator.

Reactions: Go Bama

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
She's smarter than Brooks.

She has a lot to prove. Elections are stupid and I won't read too much into that.

Maybe we get lucky here and she turns out to be a thoughtful legislator.
Maggie my British Shorthair cat is smarter than Brooks. But I knew that before the election.

I’m still disappointed that Britt sought Trump’s endorsement. But with her margin of victory and the unlikelihood of Trump surviving her 6-year term, I’m hopeful she’ll realize she can be herself and not need to kiss Trump’s ring anymore.

The hope is that she’ll be more like Shelby or other Reagan-type Republicans. We’ll have to see on that.

I know for a stone cold fact Brooks would have been an embarrassment. So I’m good with the outcome, acknowledging that my enthusiasm waned as Britt’s campaign ran its course.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.