Katie Boyd Britt in US Senate Race for Shelby’s Seat

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
the democratic party in georgia was an absolute joke statewide from 2002 til about 2016/7. in 2018, lucy mcbath won the ga 6th which had been gerrymandered as a safe gop district in 2010 and stacey abrams ran an extremely competitive race in 2018. then 2020 happened.

so it can be done.
I think Birmingham metro is still about a decade away from being able to flip the state as Atlanta has done. Could be wrong

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
the democratic party in georgia was an absolute joke statewide from 2002 til about 2016/7. in 2018, lucy mcbath won the ga 6th which had been gerrymandered as a safe gop district in 2010 and stacey abrams ran an extremely competitive race in 2018. then 2020 happened.

so it can be done.
Alabama needs a Stacey Abrams. SA the candidate would be great, but especially SA the organizer.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I think Birmingham metro is still about a decade away from being able to flip the state as Atlanta has done. Could be wrong
At one time, I thought that Huntsville, with its high educational level and so many people from outside the South would moderate Alabama. Then, after Bud Cramer retired, they started sending Mo back, term after term. The military influence is so heavy and they're so conservative. You can't throw a rock without hitting a retired soldier. Also, the black population, although up from the 10-15% when I moved back here, is still only around 30%...

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

Some things on Britt in there. I could never vote for her or anyone like her.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I didn’t realize she had gone full bore MAGA. She would vote for Trump again in 2024, she would not have voted to certify Biden’s election, and has called for an investigation of Dr. Fauci. She calls abortion murder. At best, I guess that makes the woman having one an accomplice in the murder.

I still think she underestimated the number of decent people in Alabama who would have voted for her had she ran an honorable campaign.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I didn’t realize she had gone full bore MAGA. She would vote for Trump again in 2024, she would not have voted to certify Biden’s election, and has called for an investigation of Dr. Fauci. She calls abortion murder. At best, I guess that makes the woman having one an accomplice in the murder.

I still think she underestimated the number of decent people in Alabama who would have voted for her had she ran an honorable campaign.
Had she run an honorable campaign, she still would have won, just not by as much...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.