Kay Ivey’s Order to Ignore Biden Vaccine Mandate

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Well, it had to come.

Kay Ivey has ordered agencies of the State of Alabama to ignore the federal vaccine mandate.

There’s actually something good to come of the idiocy — it’ll likely get challenged, and I’m hopeful that it ends up being the test case for a SCOTUS ruling that puts this to bed — I hope.

BTW — I know she did it for political reasons….to demonstrate her bone fides to the anti-vaxxers.

But raise your hand if you think Brian Harsin’s vaccine status figured in, at least in some small way. Now he has the cover he needs to keep his job. At least until a final ruling on all this mess.

dtgreg

All-SEC
Jul 24, 2000
Tuscaloosa
www.electricmonkeywrench.com
It's a "Stand in the Schoolhouse Door". I think her rabid "Party" will accuse her of cooperating / collaborating with Biden like Wallace did with Kennedy. It's pure insanity now. Even Trump can't convince these freaks to get vaccinated.

The implications are stunning. If Scientology is put on an equal footing with Baptist Christianity, what about Islam? How long can they keep the crazy going before it all falls in on itself?

Its On A Slab

1st Team
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea
It's a "Stand in the Schoolhouse Door". I think her rabid "Party" will accuse her of cooperating / collaborating with Biden like Wallace did with Kennedy. It's pure insanity now. Even Trump can't convince these freaks to get vaccinated.

The implications are stunning. If Scientology is put on an equal footing with Baptist Christianity, what about Islam? How long can they keep the crazy going before it all falls in on itself?
I don't know. Republicans over the past couple of decades have been in the mode of: Hold my beer and watch this!

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

it almost seems like perpetual derp that will always go on. they have shown that they are more than willing to die for their white christian nationalism

• Thank You
Reactions: dtgreg, Jon and UAH

mdb-tpet

1st Team
Sep 2, 2004
Either our generation puts a pause on our willfully-ignorant tribal political divisions, or we're going down in flames as one of the worst American generations. I fully believe Alabama and it's border states will either make or break our country with a divisive tenacity or a unity style governance, just like in 1861, the Southern states will determine the success of or the slow slide into a morass for the US as a whole. Do the right thing Alabama and stop doubling down on mediocrity when the better decision is directly in front of you.

Governor Ivey's all too typical self-harming political show serves absolutely nobody but the people in power, and I'm sure hypocritically, most if not all of the people around Gov. Ivey have gotten the vaccine as well.

I'll put away my soapbox now.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

I’ve done no first-hand research, but have read that there are only two recognized religions that prohibit vaccination: Christian Science (which I knew), and Dutch Reformed (which I’d never heard of). Don’t know whether Scientology would qualify as a religion or not.

dtgreg

All-SEC
Jul 24, 2000
Tuscaloosa
I’ve done no first-hand research, but have read that there are only two recognized religions that prohibit vaccination: Christian Science (which I knew), and Dutch Reformed (which I’d never heard of). Don’t know whether Scientology would qualify as a religion or not.
This is a question to be anwered in full, and soon. Germany doesn't put up with this obvious fraud.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Dutch Reformed! IIRC, that's a branch of Lutheranism!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
OK. Some members of the DRC decline because it "interferes with God's providence." (!?!?) The denomination has no position on it. IMO, you shouldn't be allowed to rely on religious exemption unless your denomination officially opposes it...

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
This is a meaningless order anyway since the Biden mandate didn't cover state agencies and her's can't touch federal jobs or non state government jobs. The state agency I work for has no mandate, you don't even have to wear a mask. How many state agencies, outside of education, were requiring the vaccine?
My wife and I work for a state agency in the education sector. We are still currently under a mask mandate in our offices and classrooms but we do not have a vaccine requirement. However, we do have new policies that state anyone who has not been vaccinated and gets COVID, has to use their personal days for any absences, but anyone vaccinated gets additional COVID days provided to them so they will not have to use their personal days.

As of yesterday, two surrounding educational agencies in bordering parishes/counties lifted their mask mandates and I suspect within a few weeks we will follow suit.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I've been disgusted at Ivey for not expanding the Medicaid program in Alabama. And now this. She'll do anything for a vote from the worst element of her party. No matter the human cost.

And what about that clown at Auburn, who think's it's clever to not say if he's been vaccinated...hit the road Jack...

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I've been disgusted at Ivey for not expanding the Medicaid program in Alabama. And now this. She'll do anything for a vote from the worst element of her party. No matter the human cost.

And what about that clown at Auburn, who think's it's clever to not say if he's been vaccinated...hit the road Jack...
why would you be so mean to a sweet mee-maw

dtgreg

All-SEC
Jul 24, 2000
Tuscaloosa

I literally don't think he is allowed to talk about it / get it if he is a Scientologist. I mean, he could tell the truth but they prefer to operate in the shadows. It's freaky.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I literally don't think he is allowed to talk about it / get it if he is a Scientologist. I mean, he could tell the truth but they prefer to operate in the shadows. It's freaky.
I don't know if Harsin is Scientologist or not, so I can't comment.

But watch the Leah Remini series on Netflix about Scientology and getting out. It's beyond freaky...it's frightening.

Reactions: seebell and dtgreg

dtgreg

All-SEC
Jul 24, 2000
Tuscaloosa
I don't know if Harsin is Scientologist or not, so I can't comment.

But watch the Leah Remini series on Netflix about Scientology and getting out. It's beyond freaky...it's frightening.
I don't know either but I'm not under oath, so I'm commenting anyway. The rumors are out there. He's not saying. If I'm defaming him, I'll apologize. If I'm not, he deserves whatever he gets.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
The biggest injustice is the inability of citizens to sue their governors for wasting our tax dollars on frivolous lawsuits. There should be recourse besides the ballot box; the ballot box won’t refund our wasted money.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Who could not see this coming…?

Ivey sues to stop Biden’s vaccine mandate in hopes of currying favor with the ocher oaf but all that groveling seems to have been for naught.

There is a story up today saying Trump is ticked at Ivey over a campaign rally that was canceled and will likely endorse someone to primary her.

Latest threads