Keilan Robinson enters the Transfer Portal

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I was not expecting this as well. Kid had a chance to find playing time on the field as RB/ WR. Gotta think he didn't feel like he was right fit with new scheme at Alabama.

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
Alabama is very deep at RB, but I did not expect this.
I think he will find a spot somewhere but there are hundreds of kids in the portal, most will not find a home
If the portal is good for 20 percent but bad for 80 percent, my numbers, how can this be a good thing?

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
He’s a junior with a senior, Rs sophomore and two more sophomores ahead of him on the depth chart. Add in Camar Wheaton and Kyle Edward’s and there lies the problem. Can’t blame him. I really was hoping he’d stay and be a return guy or something.

Thanks Keilan for wearing the crimson and white. Good luck wherever you go.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
It's hard waiting your time as talented as these players are, then having reallyyyyy good RB's coming in coming in too compete with, I can understand his decision & hope he has a great career wherever he goes..

If it was me I would trust Coach Saban & "The Process"..

Reactions: Tiderollin32

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I remember an earlier thread about this very thing. At the time we had 6 RBs 4 star or better with another 5 star enrolling for the fall. I think at the time I predicted with 7 RBs that highly rated on scholarship that at least 2, possibly 3, would hit the transfer portal. Expect more to exit Tuscaloosa.

bvandegraff

All-American
Mar 13, 2014
Albuquerque, NM
I think he will find a spot somewhere but there are hundreds of kids in the portal, most will not find a home
If the portal is good for 20 percent but bad for 80 percent, my numbers, how can this be a good thing?
Heard an interview with Tom Luginbill where he said of the 2300 or so kids in the portal, he figured 5% or so would land another scholarship....Robinson is very likely in that 5% given he was a scholarship player at Bama. Sorry to see him go if he stays in the portal - can't entirely blame him though, it will be crowded RB room especially if Trey Sanders can come all the way back.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.