Game Thread: Kentucky @ Thirteenessee

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Some of their posters on vol nation are calling for the lane train to come back ... and i seem to remeber run him out of town on rails being said by them ... couldnt happen to a better ugly orange team (and the orange phat donut)
Remember all the videos of them burning jerseys? Yeah, they are as confused as a barking bird.

Reactions: cindym and B1GTide

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
One of my Vol friends sent me a text saying this is the worst loss the Kentucky since 1893. I haven't fact checked it but have no reason for doubt.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
One of my Vol friends sent me a text saying this is the worst loss the Kentucky since 1893. I haven't fact checked it but have no reason for doubt.
It's true. 56-0 in 1893. The 1955 shut out loss for Tennessee at home is up there. This is now the fourth time in Kentucky/Tennessee that the Wildcats defeated a ranked Tennessee. Previous times were '55,'57 and '59.

Rocky Flop indeed.

Reactions: Go Bama

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I used to live in Knoxville during the Peyton years and a few years after that. (That wasn’t a fun time to be a Bama fan).

They acted like beating Kentucky and Vandy was a big deal. I never understood that. I get Vandy is in state but that would be like getting thrilled about beating South Alabama.

And UT-UK basketball is a big deal, not so much football.

Reactions: B1GTide

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
That big old contract extension for Pruitt just seems really short sighted now, says Captain Obvious.

Not just because he hasn’t really proved anything in the short time he’s been there. But even more, in 2020, just tacky as hell, to give a low life like Pruitt that much money, when the public institutions in America were already scrambling a bit this year for dollars. Not saying they were hurting for money, or that some wealthy boosters haven’t made bank. I’m just thinking about attendance being down, not just for games, but incoming freshmen classes. 10% or so was a number I saw quoted on CNBC last week. That is significant, and it makes for difficult forecasting, as some of that 10% might never come in, or at least, take their time in doing it.

Knowing what I personally know about Pruitt (from old high school and college acquaintances, he’s undeserving of that kind of money. And buying him out, now, would be a WRECK.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
That big old contract extension for Pruitt just seems really short sighted now, says Captain Obvious.

Not just because he hasn’t really proved anything in the short time he’s been there. But even more, in 2020, just tacky as hell, to give a low life like Pruitt that much money, when the public institutions in America were already scrambling a bit this year for dollars. Not saying they were hurting for money, or that some wealthy boosters haven’t made bank. I’m just thinking about attendance being down, not just for games, but incoming freshmen classes. 10% or so was a number I saw quoted on CNBC last week. That is significant, and it makes for difficult forecasting, as some of that 10% might never come in, or at least, take their time in doing it.

Knowing what I personally know about Pruitt (from old high school and college acquaintances, he’s undeserving of that kind of money. And buying him out, now, would be a WRECK.
Low life? Really? :rolleyes:

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

Dang man, tell us how you really feel about Pruitt.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.