Game Thread: Kentucky vs Georgia (2:30 CDT on CBS)

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
Two undefeated teams. Have to give Mark Stoops credit for building a pretty good team. They just happen to be playing a really good Georgia team that looks like the best team in the nation at this point. Will Kentucky keep it close?

Reactions: Bazza

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Two undefeated teams. Have to give Mark Stoops credit for building a pretty good team. They just happen to be playing a really good Georgia team that looks like the best team in the nation at this point. Will Kentucky keep it close?
If it was at Ky, I’d look for an upset. I still think they’ve got a shot, but I do think Ky covers. Their D is better than Arkansas.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Gotta have a QB that can sling it to beat UGA. Does UK have that?
QUOTE="CajunCrimson, post: 3795619, member: 2447"]
Gotta have a QB that can sling it to beat UGA. Does UK have that?
[/QUOTE]
Georgia has the 63rd ranked passing offense (Ky is 97).
and 34th ranked rushing offense.
Neither team is an offensive powerhouse. Georgia may be more efficient but they both win with defense. Kentucky has 10 senior starters on defense (some fifth year).

• Thank You
Reactions: Bazza and seebell

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
The Mildcats likely keep it close through early 3rd quarter then UGA's depth takes over. Bennett, mostly a game manager, is good enough to beat UK. I do agree that Stoops has done a good job this year. Toughest remaining game is UT in Lexington.

Reactions: CoolBreeze

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Got a good Dawg friend that is worried about this game. He seems to feel that they will struggle BECAUSE they are at home and playing so well this year. So far, they have looked unbeatable to me and I will keep that impression until shown otherwise.

Reactions: Bazza

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I hope Kentucky wins just to shut up the uga fans. It sucks living here right now.
Winning with grace is an alien concept to those who’ve not done it at the highest level for a protracted period of time. UGA is the poster child for that. If something happens and they don’t win it all this year, I think their fans will go ape dookie.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Winning with grace is an alien concept to those who’ve not done it at the highest level for a protracted period of time. UGA is the poster child for that. If something happens and they don’t win it all this year, I think their fans will go ape dookie.
Here’s hoping something does happen.

Apparently is the first time Georgia will play a game as the #1 ranked team since the 1980s?

It would be just like them to go out and puke all over themselves in this game. Maybe they wear those black jerseys. UK just isn’t anywhere near the same level of talent. But they are a veteran team.

I just wouldn’t advise anyone to get their hopes up.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.