Kiffin's future... (Going to FAU, Staying Through CFP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Re: Kiffin's future... (Going to FAU, Reportedly Staying Through CFP)

I just read on al.com that Kiffin tried to get Blake Barnett to come with him to FAU but Blake said he is staying at Arizona State. Wonder if he will try to take any of our other players or ex players? Or some of our assistant coaches? Hope not!
Convincing big time players with NFL aspirations to abandon Alabama to go to FAU is a tall feat. I think he might get Bateman or Cornwell.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Our assistants are all Saban guys. I imagine he may give some off-the-field guys some opportunities and that is a good thing...especially if they're young guys getting their careers started.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: Kiffin's future...

That had nothing to do with his statement. I think you are thinking that all people that say he is going = people don't like him or appreciate him. I can predict auburn to win the sugar bowl, but does that make me a barner??? No I'm just going off of calculated facts and I form a prediction. Most people saying he is gone have got that from reliable sources, and have formed a prediction that he is most likely gone. I grant you some are glad he is gone for long standing reasons, but no where near the majority. Most are glad he has moved on because of the strained relationship with CNS, but are very appreciative of his time here.
It's typical for him.
An albarn fan who says he is "in the know' guarantees me that Jalen Hurts is following CLK to FAU. I don't believe it but he actually wanted to bet on it. I don't believe a word from anyone that says they are 'in the know', unless it is CNS in person.
Cool. I'm sure you don't take anything you read on here serious then do you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

I obviously can be wrong, but I truly don't think he'll try to get any current recruits. Blake, I could understand him going after.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw

Looking back at this thread , It's fun to see how most were willing to welcome CLK but still unsure if this was a good hire by CNS. We should have never had a doubt and trust the process.

Best of luck CLK.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

Looking back at this thread , It's fun to see how most were willing to welcome CLK but still unsure if this was a good hire by CNS. We should have never had a doubt and trust the process.

Best of luck CLK.
I didn't welcome him. I was furious, and thought he was the worst hire ever!
But he proved me wrong, and I'm so very glad that he did.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL

So now, this guy "Tweets"..."I Am TOLD", that Kiffin would have been fired anyway.
Well I give no credibility at all...to "I am told", and it's ridiculous that this person would pursue it anyway.
Can you imagine Nick Saban saying, "Well Lane took the FAU job, and it's a good thing that he did, cause he was outa here anyway".
What purpose does it serve to be that negative? It's like, "Hurry take a shot at Kiffin, without really knowing anything because, "I was TOLD".
Kiffin just needs to show the world he's the best OC in the nation now if he truly is going to remain as our play caller. I also bet Saban is not looking forward to any questions if Lane was not gonna be retained at the end of his contract, regardless of it's veracity.

Lane still has to build a staff. He will not have the money to try what he did at UT, and as has already been said his best move would be to look very prepared and polished during the playoffs.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

So people trust what Saban says but not what people with known credibility say Saban has said? Got it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I trust Cecil Hurts. That's it. I haven't seen Cecil's tweets or postings on this matter.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

He'll probably hire a few guys to administrate things and keep some of the existing staff around until he can move in there. Frankly, recruiting is in a dead period and will be almost the whole time through both playoff games.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

An albarn fan who says he is "in the know' guarantees me that Jalen Hurts is following CLK to FAU. I don't believe it but he actually wanted to bet on it. I don't believe a word from anyone that says they are 'in the know', unless it is CNS in person.
Now that is the dumbest thing I've read in a thread packed with uninformed/misinformed comments. Hurts' dad is a coach. He has stated that the reason he wanted JH to come to play under Saban is because he would end up a well-rounded player and person. Does that sound like he's a prospect to move to a tiny school with no Coach Saban? Take his bet...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

I trust tweets about three feets :) If they were indeed true, then Lane Kiffin would be as busy as a beaver, because he'd be coaching in the playoff, while recruiting his first incoming classes at Houston, USF, Florida Atlantic, and Temple.
So you don't believe trusted writers or the trusted folks here on TF.

You just pull your opinions out of thin air?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.