Kiffin's future... (Going to FAU, Staying Through CFP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Re: Any word on Kiffin's interview with UH?

Well, from Earl's perspective, he's been "gone" after this year for a couple of years....so, heck, I don't know. I do know we'll be ok! RTR!
After seeing him back for this season after all that the damage he has done and embarrassment he's caused, I'm not going out on a limb and say "never," but I'd be very, very surprised to see his return...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

If Kiffin stays (and that sounds like an enormous IF at this point) then what about Sark? Does he remain in his same position for another year? Saban didn't bring him in simply to be an offensive analyst from afar. There was a greater purpose than that.
A couple of days ago, I thought that would have been a lead pipe cinch. Today, I'm not so sure. One thing I do want to make clear is that Kiffin was never intending to be here next season, nor was Saban expecting him to be. All of the machinery was set in motion, including hiring Sark, to facilitate that. The problem is that Kiffin can change his mind and does fairly frequently. However, the important mind-changing which has to happen is Saban's. I've seen no indication that's happened. However, he did it last year, so he obviously can do it again. I wouldn't count on it though...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Earle knows way way way more about it than I do, not even close. I'm just offering my opinion, and we all know the old analogy about opinions :) Everybody kinda has one.
I do appreciate your indicating the basis of your opinion. My basis is different. It's based on knowing some, not ever all, of what's going on behind the scenes and it's derived from a number of different sources. Sometimes it's even more confusing to know what the different parties are saying privately. Back to the bottom line, I'd be very surprised to see CLK on our sideline next year...

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

A couple of days ago, I thought that would have been a lead pipe cinch. Today, I'm not so sure. One thing I do want to make clear is that Kiffin was never intending to be here next season, nor was Saban expecting him to be. All of the machinery was set in motion, including hiring Sark, to facilitate that. The problem is that Kiffin can change his mind and does fairly frequently. However, the important mind-changing which has to happen is Saban's. I've seen no indication that's happened. However, he did it last year, so he obviously can do it again. I wouldn't count on it though...
If given the choice of keeping Kiffin or Kiffin going to LSU. Which do you think he'd most likely lean?

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

If Kiffin stays (and that sounds like an enormous IF at this point) then what about Sark? Does he remain in his same position for another year? Saban didn't bring him in simply to be an offensive analyst from afar. There was a greater purpose than that.
I know that nobody wants to hear about Cowherd, but I actually love listening to him because I started in broadcasting and know what they try to do. But he made a point today, which makes a lot of sense, and almost makes Saban look like a prophet.
His point, Saban is so smart that he hired Sark as a "consultant", in order to get him "out of the market" from either a struggling Les Miles needing a different offensive coordinator, or a Les replacement(Oregeron) needing a totally new and immediate OC.
Think about it.Makes sense.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

I do appreciate your indicating the basis of your opinion. My basis is different. It's based on knowing some, not ever all, of what's going on behind the scenes and it's derived from a number of different sources. Sometimes it's even more confusing to know what the different parties are saying privately. Back to the bottom line, I'd be very surprised to see CLK on our sideline next year...
You are probably right. But I'd love to see him back, not as the preacher at my church :)but as our OC.
Make sense?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

If given the choice of keeping Kiffin or Kiffin going to LSU. Which do you think he'd most likely lean?
Good question. I don't know. That might be the sort of dilemma which could torque the present situation around. I do think it's the reason that he's actively pushing Lane for UH. I think he'd be more comfortable with CLK out of conference. About a year ago, he was to the point he didn't care where Lane went, as long as it was far away from T-Town. I don't have anything but a hunch, but I don't think he's as adamant as he was last year. He just doesn't want to work with him another year...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I know that nobody wants to hear about Cowherd, but I actually love listening to him because I started in broadcasting and know what they try to do. But he made a point today, which makes a lot of sense, and almost makes Saban look like a prophet.
His point, Saban is so smart that he hired Sark as a "consultant", in order to get him "out of the market" from either a struggling Les Miles needing a different offensive coordinator, or a Les replacement(Oregeron) needing a totally new and immediate OC.
Not at all the reason Sark was hired...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

You are probably right. But I'd love to see him back, not as the preacher at my church :)but as our OC.
Make sense?
There's being a preacher at a church and then there's behavior which endanger the whole church structure. That's where it reached with Kiffin...

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

I'm confused; LA is in Florida.
I grew up going to LA to the beach.
The Red Neck Rivera was also called L.A. (Lower Alabama)
Now there is a nice nickname for the coast. The Emerald Coast fits due to the color of the water.

Jkl0802

1st Team
Apr 9, 2015
Stuttgart, Germany

You have no idea how unbelievable it's been...
Earle,
i very much respect your opinion, and realize you have sources close to The program that I don't. That said, the only thing that makes me question your belief about "how unbelievable bad it has been" is that I could never, NEVER, Never Ever, imagine Coach Nick Saban putting up with a Coach's detrimental behavior for one second. Even if the offender was a coordinator in a high powered position, I believe and trust that Coach Saban would have fired/replaced anyone that was jeopardizing his program on the spot.
Very Respectfully,
JKL

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia

Seems strange for sure. CNS doesn't owe Kiffin anything. In fact, its just the opposite. His contract is up. Don't renew it. If he goes to LSU, he goes. We'll still win a few football games. If Kiffin is that bad, he has no business around the Bama brand. Accident waiting to happen which means it really won't be an accident. If I'm CNS, I'd rather deal with Kiffin on the field as opposed to dealing w/some incident he causes off the field. Cut the cord. This is based on what I have read here. I have no other sources/info. Roll Tide.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Cowherd was insinuating that Saban was doing it maliciously...he is such a tool. :cool2:

Last edited:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

I grew up going to LA to the beach.
The Red Neck Rivera was also called L.A. (Lower Alabama)
Now there is a nice nickname for the coast. The Emerald Coast fits due to the color of the water.
Specifically, it is Panama City Beach that is called "Red Neck Riviera"...:cool2:

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa

You have no idea how unbelievable it's been...
Living in Tuscaloosa you hear a lot and sometimes it is exaggerated and sometimes it is so mind blowing that you sure it can't be true but it is 100% true. I was shocked CLK was back this year. Shocked. I was on the level of thinking with Earle. No matter how "great" you are Saban will never risk you burning down the program from the inside. It is clear CNS is trying to "help" Lane find a HC job. I can't see a 4th year of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.