Kira and Petty to go through the NBA draft process ...

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
I have no clue who all else is in the draft (I don't follow the NBA at all) that would go higher than him but it seems to me that Kira is a steal around 20.
Kira is still a little bit of a project and needs to grow into his frame a bit more, but mid to late first round is nothing to scoff at. He has a bright future ahead of him.

Our boy Okoro has a reasonable shot of going in the lottery picks. He'll probably just miss and go in the 5-8 range.

A first rounder in each of the last two drafts, one of whom got drafted after blowing his knee out against UNC. Bruce is doing work.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I have no clue who all else is in the draft (I don't follow the NBA at all) that would go higher than him but it seems to me that Kira is a steal around 20.
Most of the drafts have him the second pure PG off the board

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Kira is still a little bit of a project and needs to grow into his frame a bit more, but mid to late first round is nothing to scoff at. He has a bright future ahead of him.

Our boy Okoro has a reasonable shot of going in the lottery picks. He'll probably just miss and go in the 5-8 range.

A first rounder in each of the last two drafts, one of whom got drafted after blowing his knee out against UNC. Bruce is doing work.
Okoro is a talented player, I'll be pulling for him in the pros. I think Kira has the possibility of being a really solid NBA player long term but he does has some things to clean up in his game like you noted.

As far as first round draft picks, I think we will see that become more of the norm under CNO as well ... especially multiple picks in the first round. We had Sexton of course, Donta is showing that he should have been a higher pick and Kira will be a first rounder. If everything holds up, we could see 3-4 first round candidates next year alone.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Okoro is a talented player, I'll be pulling for him in the pros.
Scouts see a Jimmy Butler type guy in him, only much further along early. His only weakness is that his offensive game needs to be more refined, like Butler's did, but the effort and intensity, especially on the defensive end, are there. He's a Swiss army knife that can defend anything the other team throws at him.

I think Kira has the possibility of being a really solid NBA player long term but he does has some things to clean up in his game like you noted.
I really think it's mostly about his frame. Skills are already on par with the league. And he's 6'3, great for an NBA level 1, but a slim 6'3. He puts on about 15 pounds so he can bang a little better when needed and the potential to be elite is there.

As far as first round draft picks, I think we will see that become more of the norm under CNO as well ... especially multiple picks in the first round. We had Sexton of course, Donta is showing that he should have been a higher pick and Kira will be a first rounder. If everything holds up, we could see 3-4 first round candidates next year alone.
Jeez I so want two elite programs in this state. Next year will probably be a rebuild for us though.

We could sneak our way into the tournament though. We exceeded expectations last season, probably looking at a 5 seed, due to dudes like Wiley, Anfernee and Samir stepping up. Hopefully we'll get some stars this year out of nowhere too.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.