Kirby Smart is Mark Richt 2.0

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
What's the evidence on this? I'm curious as to what's being said.

Georgia wasn't supposed to win today anyway.
I usually bring up the records to prove he isn't All That and to poke fun at UGA fans. I know deep down Smart is an upgrade from Richt just like I think everyone knows Harbaugh is an upgrade from Hoke. But it is fun to humble an arrogant fan base that hasn't won anything after they claim that they have finally bought the Messiah as their head coach.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I usually bring up the records to prove he isn't All That and to poke fun at UGA fans. I know deep down Smart is an upgrade from Richt just like I think everyone knows Harbaugh is an upgrade from Hoke. But it is fun to humble an arrogant fan base that hasn't won nothing after they claim that they have finally bought the Messiah as their head coach.
I think a comparison can be made, but I also think it's way too soon.

OK, the SCAR loss this year is a data point in that direction. But what else? Even the NCG loss was to a better team that was favored anyway, so it's not like when Richt pooped the bed against Rich Rod in the Sugar Bowl that year.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL

OK, the SCAR loss this year is a data point in that direction. But what else? Even the NCG loss was to a better team that was favored anyway, so it's not like when Richt pooped the bed against Rich Rod in the Sugar Bowl that year.
Kirby makes way too many stupid decisions. Plus he will never get over “X and Kirby”, he can’t defend current offenses. With Richt, you at least knew what you were going to get.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

Where I am with Kirby (turning all biases off) is that going into next year, he will have the most loaded team in the SEC, but I guarantee you no one is going to be confident in him winning the SEC. Why? Two words... Jake Fromm. He literally chased off two better quarterbacks to keep his game manager. He is playing a Flintstone age gameplan when we are in the Jetsons era. Yes he will win 10 games next year, but do you really have faith in him winning more?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Where I am with Kirby (turning all biases off) is that going into next year, he will have the most loaded team in the SEC, but I guarantee you no one is going to be confident in him winning the SEC. Why? Two words... Jake Fromm. He literally chased off two better quarterbacks to keep his game manager. He is playing a Flintstone age gameplan when we are in the Jetsons era. Yes he will win 10 games next year, but do you really have faith in him winning more?
I would like to see GA compared to Alabama when everyone makes their NFL decisions. If Alabama has the right folks return, you will be the favorite to win it all again next year.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Confused? He's better because he beats crappier teams? Nah...
I don't think that is what he meant, but agree that Richt, over his career at GA, had to deal with a much tougher division. TN was tougher. The Gators were tougher. But by the time Richt left, Mizzou was winning that division. Talk about weak.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.