Kirk Herbstreit Has COVID

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Herbie’s replacement would need to have an encyclopedic knowledge of Brent Venables and an affinity for mentioning Venables about 15 times per minute.
I watched some of the last Notre Dame vs Clemson game. The color commentator was all Clemson and just awful; if that was Herbstreit then ...yuk! He had occasional good points regarding some of the plays but he was annoying.

I don't keep up much with who the different commentators so I don't always know who is calling games.

Reactions: OSUTideFan

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I watched some of the last Notre Dame vs Clemson game. The color commentator was all Clemson and just awful; if that was Herbstreit then ...yuk! He had occasional good points regarding some of the plays but he was annoying.

I don't keep up much with who the different commentators so I don't always know who is calling games.
It was Kirk

Tider n LA

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2003
Alabama
On a serious note, I hope I have to never deal with a pandemic again. Whoever wins the National Championship will have to hear from the people that say this year isn't legit no matter what and they will have a good argument. With that said, Happy New Year to everyone and I hope 2021 is better by millions of miles.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
On a serious note, I hope I have to never deal with a pandemic again. Whoever wins the National Championship will have to hear from the people that say this year isn't legit no matter what and they will have a good argument. With that said, Happy New Year to everyone and I hope 2021 is better by millions of miles.
Tell them to blow it out their.......

Lakers win? Yay, they won it for Kobe!
Dodgers win? Yay, they won it for Kobe!

Anyone wins the playoff? Asterisk!!!!

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Same here - but my wife can't watch a game with me with an all-22 view. I spend the entire game breaking down plays, rewinding - she hates it. :ROFLMAO:
As do I. Then I fall behind live and can fast forward through commercials. It’s glorious. I do run the risk of the unexplained, portentous text saying, “OMG,” or “Wow!”

Reactions: B1GTide

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Probably, but that is not his job. If he cannot separate his views as a father from his views as a sports commentator, he should step aside or at least not comment on Clempson games.
As it is, I find the Clempson favoritism more than a little tedious.
Ditto.

ABC/ESPN shouldn’t have to tell Herbstriet to “step aside” for Clemson games. He should recognize his own bias (or the appearance of bias) in those situations and ask to not be placed in that situation.

As a parent, I think it even harder to be balanced with something that involves your kids. I always thought Kirk did a pretty good job in attempting to limit his homerism when commenting on tOSU. It will interesting to see if that changes now that he has a son heading there as well.

Reactions: B1GTide

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.