Krysten Sinema’s “independence”

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

Memo released says she allows 30 minutes for constituents once a week on Wednesday; I think about four or five times that much for massages.
They say her only real constituents are Wall Street and K Street. She cannot disappear fast enough from our lives to suit me.

Last edited:

AWRTR

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2022
If Lake is the nomi

Memo released says she allows 30 minutes for constituents once a week on Wednesday; I think about four or five times that much for massages.
They say her only real constituents are Wall Street and K Street. She cannot disappear fast enough from our lives to suit me.
if Lake is the nominee whoever the Democrats nominate will win unless they can find someone wilder than Lake and that will be hard.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

A meteor hitting Mos Eisley ("wretched hive of scum and villainy") would be a sign of divine blessing.

Folks in DC act like they are the best of us, when in fact, they are the absolute worst of us.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
A meteor hitting Mos Eisley ("wretched hive of scum and villainy") would be a sign of divine blessing.

Folks in DC act like they are the best of us, when in fact, they are the absolute worst of us.
Agree 1000%; but are they all that bad before they get to DC? Or does the corrupting influence of money and power just do what it does best?
I just have a hard time believing voters (as gullible as we are) would knowingly elect such people across the board; surely there are pockets of voters somewhere who elect, at least at that time, decent patriotic Americans…? Or is the corruption so deep our government and elections are beyond “redemption “?

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
There have been some I respected. Paul Wellstone (Democrat from Minnesota, for example). Kind of lefty for my views, but he seemed to have integrity. He died too young.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I just have a hard time believing voters (as gullible as we are) would knowingly elect such people across the board; surely there are pockets of voters somewhere who elect, at least at that time, decent patriotic Americans…? Or is the corruption so deep our government and elections are beyond “redemption “?
It is the magic of our "first past the post" two-party system. I will overlook incredible faults in "my guy" in order to defeat the other side, rationalizing all the time that if I do not overlook "my guy's" faults, "the other guy" will be even worse.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Agree 1000%; but are they all that bad before they get to DC? Or does the corrupting influence of money and power just do what it does best?
I think most seeking office at that level do so for the power.

I also believe there are some idealists who think they'll get to DC and change things for the better, work for the people, etc, but they either last one or two cycles before quitting / being replaced or they become what they went to DC to fight against in the first place.

Reactions: UAllday

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I think most seeking office at that level do so for the power.

I also believe there are some idealists who think they'll get to DC and change things for the better, work for the people, etc, but they either last one or two cycles before quitting / being replaced or they become what they went to DC to fight against in the first place.
For that reason, I would favor one term for public office and a lifetime prohibition on ever going to the District of Columbia thereafter (to prevent a revolving door of ex-congressmen becoming lobbyists).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.