Lane Kiffin dunks on Jimbo for calling out CNS (Fisher’s comments on beating Saban)

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
This is about as dumb as Karen Swinney last year. But I’m sure we will get mass amounts of people saying “sticks and stones words don’t affect games” like they did for coach Karen.
I’d guess that most of the people saying that were Clemson fans whistling past the graveyard.

And once the bullets start flying in a real game, I think that’s probably right.

What they miss is what Saban said regarding Orgeron’s “comments” on the field at BDS and in the locker room after the 2019 game. He said that sort of stuff focuses the mental and physical preparations for the game.

Point being, the fact that such statements don’t matter much during a game doesn’t mean they don’t affect preparation for that game.

And I’d be surprised if anyone anywhere thinks preparation doesn’t affect the outcome.

So yeah, stupid stuff like this, especially if it comes from the Head Coach, matters.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I’d guess that most of the people saying that were Clemson fans whistling past the graveyard.
People say stuff like this all the time, even here; "If the team needs this to get amped for the game, we're in trouble..."

Etc...

I can only assume people saying this forget what being a 20-ish year old athlete is like (or they weren't one) and they're ignoring things like OSU's response to being ranked #11 by @coachkarenawwshucks...

81usaf92

Hall of Fame
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

And once the bullets start flying in a real game, I think that’s probably right.

What they miss is what Saban said regarding Orgeron’s “comments” on the field at BDS and in the locker room after the 2019 game. He said that sort of stuff focuses the mental and physical preparations for the game.

Point being, the fact that such statements don’t matter much during a game doesn’t mean they don’t affect preparation for that game.

And I’d be surprised if anyone anywhere thinks preparation doesn’t affect the outcome.

So yeah, stupid stuff like this, especially if it comes from the Head Coach, matters.
What I’m referring to is how @crimsonaudio @B1GTide and others were saying “Dabo should shut up and stop giving Ohio St motivation”. But we have this group on here that kept saying “I don’t get the hatred y’all have for a Bama boy”, “he ain’t lying”, “not one word is going to matter”, and etc. Anyone who has ever played competitive sports knows another team or person can motivate someone to work harder to beat them.

This is what I’m talking about

There’s not much OSU can do about it. Clemson will spank them. Dabo is looking for his 3rd title in 5 years and I expect him to get it.
I am pulling for Dabo. A Bama guy and proud of his accomplishments . Hope they smack the 6-0 bucks, Do not understand all the whining about Dabo whining
I don't get the folks on this thread. Dabo coaches for Clemson and supports their cause. If it helps their cause to tell the media every game matters, he should say that. If in another year it helps their case for him to argue the other side, he should say that. If I was a Clemson fan, I'd expect no less. Nick does it. As far as I can tell, Dabo's just about universally liked outside of fandoms Clemson competes with and the guy has helmed a dynasty concurrent with ours. He's awesome in my book.
A whole lot of nothing. I don't understand why this is such a big deal. It is his opinion. Nothing more. He admits he thinks Ohio State could beat them. He just does not think they deserve to be in the playoff. I would agree. I read the entire article. All seems pretty logical. People just hate the guy. Not much different than what people think of Saban. Every thing he says gets scrutinized; even if it makes total sense.
Like the original linked article, I see a lot of editorialists on here and elsewhere SAYING he goes way beyond that, but as with political fake news, when I actually read the quotes said by the person being vilified, they aren't bad at all. This was a perfect example of that. All he said was that OSU played fewer games. That has the advantage of being a true, actual fact, and of snarkily calling out the playoff committee for inviting OSU. If I'm a Clemson fan, I love that. Heck, I love it. Also, Clemson is going to stomp the Buckeyes, so he doesn't have anything to worry about on that front either
All of these were in reference of Dabo talking crap and ranking Ohio St #11. All of these were BEFORE the game and most of them were directed at people pointing out that his actions would motivate Ohio St even more than they already were. Like I said, anyone who has actually played competitive sports knows that trash talk can serve as a potential motivation. So why give it so freely?

STONECOLDSABAN

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
What I’m referring to is how @crimsonaudio @B1GTide and others were saying “Dabo should shut up and stop giving Ohio St motivation”. But we have this group on here that kept saying “I don’t get the hatred y’all have for a Bama boy”, “he ain’t lying”, “not one word is going to matter”, and etc. Anyone who has ever played competitive sports knows another team or person can motivate someone to work harder to beat them.

This is what I’m talking about

All of these were in reference of Dabo talking crap and ranking Ohio St #11. All of these were BEFORE the game and most of them were directed at people pointing out that his actions would motivate Ohio St even more than they already were. Like I said, anyone who has actually played competitive sports knows that trash talk can serve as a potential motivation. So why give it so freely?
Please tell me that there wasn’t someone on here giving Clemson the automatic w for the national championship before the semi’s were even played. Anyone with half a brain could see that Clemson had no vertical passing game and were a shell of there former selves. Beat Ohio state??? sure I can understand someone seeing that before the games were played. winning the title with ease?? Give me a break

81usaf92

Hall of Fame
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Please tell me that there wasn’t someone on here giving Clemson the automatic w for the national championship before the semi’s were even played. Anyone with half a brain could see that Clemson had no vertical passing game and were a shell of there former selves. Beat Ohio state??? sure I can understand someone seeing that before the games were played. winning the title with ease?? Give me a break
Proof that it happened