Lane Kiffin dunks on Jimbo for calling out CNS (Fisher’s comments on beating Saban)

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Well, if he was going to do it, last year was his best chance. Veteran quarterback, unknown commodity for us at quarterback, solid defensive line to chase Mac around. Now he’s on the same footing we are offensively, and it’s our defense with the solid group.

probably shouldn’t have said that.

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
Whatever happened to the day when 2 old friends could give each other the business, jimbo and nick have been buds for a long time, if you listen to what he said it was clear he was kidding and of course he wants to beat us, this was not like coach O, and the crap he said when he got us 2 games ago. He deserved his butt kicking and he got it. Jimbo was talking to the touchdown club, and got a little carried away, kiffin did it too. No big deal.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Whatever happened to the day when 2 old friends could give each other the business, jimbo and nick have been buds for a long time, if you listen to what he said it was clear he was kidding and of course he wants to beat us, this was not like coach O, and the crap he said when he got us 2 games ago. He deserved his butt kicking and he got it. Jimbo was talking to the touchdown club, and got a little carried away, kiffin did it too. No big deal.
I think Kiffin is a child. It’s like hey daddy look at me I took up for you when that other mean kid made fun of you.

Anyway, this may have been two old friends going back and forth. Trouble is, it is still going up in the weightroom. It’s still going to be blasted through the football building in the week leading up to the A&M game.

People need to remember we destroyed Vandy a few years ago when one of their lineman spouted off “Alabama you’re next” after they beat mighty Kansas State the week before. If we can get ticked over a third rate DL from Vandy, we will get ticked over Fisher.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I think Kiffin is a child. It’s like hey daddy look at me I took up for you when that other mean kid made fun of you.

Anyway, this may have been two old friends going back and forth. Trouble is, it is still going up in the weightroom. It’s still going to be blasted through the football building in the week leading up to the A&M game.

People need to remember we destroyed Vandy a few years ago when one of their lineman spouted off “Alabama you’re next” after they beat mighty Kansas State the week before. If we can get ticked over a third rate DL from Vandy, we will get ticked over Fisher.
Spot on. I mean what did we expect Jimbo to say in front of a bunch of TD club members? The guys responsible for helping get him $7 million + a year?

"Gees guys...Coach Saban is a great coach. Maybe I'll get to his level one day and beat him"?

I'm sure Jimbo would have preferred this didn't get out, whether he was going for the "laughs" or not. But it did. The main thing to notice is the mastery with which CNS handles it when told. He spins it for his own laughs, then immediately moves to complimenting Jimbo and the TAMU program. The whole time you can tell the wheels are turning is his head. He knows someone just let their mouth overload their rear end.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Bingo. I don't think anyone believes Jimbo was being provocative - it was simply banter that will be used (like everything that can be, is) to motivate Bama to come in breathing fire.

No need to defend Jimbo, he's a grown man that's forgotten more about coaching college football than anyone here will ever know.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I'm sure Jimbo would have preferred this didn't get out, whether he was going for the "laughs" or not. But it did.
Yet it can be avoided. I don't recall there ever being a quote like that from Saban - he's smart enough to never give the opposition easy bulletin-board material...

Then again, I've also never heard anyone suggest Jimbo was a Mensa member, either.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
Yet it can be avoided. I don't recall there ever being a quote like that from Saban - he's smart enough to never give the opposition easy bulletin-board material...

Then again, I've also never heard anyone suggest Jimbo was a Mensa member, either.
Usually saban goes the opposite direction,
he try to make a Kentucky sound like the second coming of the 2001 Miami hurricanes or the 85 bears when he talks about them.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
If I was being paid, as much as they're paying Jimbo in College Station, I'd be saying the exact same thing firing up the fanbase & boosters that helps pay my paycheck..

Hoping I can survive "The Process" just like the rest of college football & keep my cushy job playing 2nd fiddle to Crimson Tide Football..

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
Everybody complains how boring the offseason is and then gets their panties ruffled at the first bit of jocularity.
honestly I am in agreement, I don’t see this as the same as dabo’s eye rolling behaviour and comments. I respect and understand Nick sabans no bullentin board material approach but as a fan this is the most entertaining the sec has been in awhile with Kiffin, the pirate, and the shrimp boat captain in the conference.

Reactions: tideindc and Con

BhamToTexas

All-SEC
Dec 25, 2020
The rest of his comments say more to me. We want to be the #1 team, we are going to practice like the #1 team, our goal is to be the #1 team, blah blah. Boy he sure didn’t learn The Process did he.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
It’s a “weatherman” statement...
If he’s wrong, so what? They’ve all been wrong...but if he’s right he just predicted the path of the hurricane...
FTR...I’m not headed for the bunker just yet...

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
What Lane Kiffin needs to worry about is the beat down that’s coming his way. He seems to think talking about other coaches that talk about or say slick stuff about Coach Saban absolves him from the annual butt kicking. His day is coming too.
Atleast I can say Kiffin is consistent. He is going to be talking win or lose. He doesn’t walk back stuff he says or gives “weatherman” statements like Dabo. I guarantee you that had Clemson beaten Ohio St then he would’ve boasting. It’s really why I don’t like people like Cam Newton. They love to talk when things are good but are nowhere to be when things are bad.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
Atleast I can say Kiffin is consistent. He is going to be talking win or lose. He doesn’t walk back stuff he says or gives “weatherman” statements like Dabo. I guarantee you that had Clemson beaten Ohio St then he would’ve boasting. It’s really why I don’t like people like Cam Newton. They love to talk when things are good but are nowhere to be when things are bad.
That’s just one of many reasons to dislike cam Newton.

• Full Banjeaux!
Reactions: NoNC4Tubs

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.