Lane Kiffin dunks on Jimbo for calling out CNS (Fisher’s comments on beating Saban)

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
That’s just one of many reasons to dislike cam Newton.
Honestly I never got the Cam Newton at Auburn experience at Auburn experience because I was deployed for the whole football season so I didnt really didnt dislike him as bad as most. But the clown show he puts on in the NFL is where I really started disliking him. I couldnt have like Shannon Sharpe's response to his Super Bowl post game interview enough times when he basically said he was a weak individual for not manning up and take the interviews after bad games while dancing and a laughing it up during good times.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
Honestly I never got the Cam Newton at Auburn experience at Auburn experience because I was deployed for the whole football season so I didnt really didnt dislike him as bad as most. But the clown show he puts on in the NFL is where I really started disliking him. I couldnt have like Shannon Sharpe's response to his Super Bowl post game interview enough times when he basically said he was a weak individual for not manning up and take the interviews after bad games while dancing and a laughing it up during good times.

After the sec title game in 2010. He referred to his Gatorade as “cammy cam juice” and when asked about his victory over South Carolina and the controversy around him he said “I’M THE sec champion” not I “I’m a sec champion” he was “THE” sec champion. Basically sums up everything about cam. To be fair, I am pretty sure auburn would have made him a championship belt and entrance music if he told them to.

• Haha
Reactions: OSUTideFan

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Kiffin probably loves Jimbo's comment because Ole Miss plays us the week before we play TAMU and if our guys are so focused on giving TAMU a butt whooping maybe Kiffin thinks our guys could just be looking past Ole Miss giving him a chance to pull off an upset.
Believe me our D will be prepared for Kiffin no matter..Coach Saban knows how good an offensive mind Coach Kiffin truly is.

Last edited:
Reactions: PA Tide Fan

AlBamaWagg

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Mt Juliet, Tn
My feeling is that the comment by Coaches Saban, Fisher, and Kiffin were all good natured. My greatest wish is that Kiffin/OM hands UT a whippin in Knoxville on Oct 16. There could be some great welcoming signs for the Viles at Bryant Denny the following week.

Reactions: Con

dtgreg

All-American
Jul 24, 2000
Tuscaloosa
www.electricmonkeywrench.com
Earlier in the week, the French Quarter was host to an ugly incident between Miami and Alabama players. Basically, the Miami players taunted, the Alabama guys listened. “They called us names I can’t use in the paper,” said Derrick Lassic, the Crimson Tide’s leading rusher. “They were right up in our faces, saying us blankety-blanks don’t deserve to be on the same field with them. We just shook our heads. They were out of control.”

The verbal trashing, naturally, has spilled into the interview rooms, where hundreds of national media folk hang on every nasty word. Not a day passes when a Miami player doesn’t ridicule and undermine the opponent, no abuser louder than one Rohan Marley. You may have heard of his late father, Bob. It seems Rohan has given new meaning to the Marleyesque reggae term, Jammin’.

“Alabama has no passing game,” said Marley, a feisty 5-8 linebacker. “And one-dimensional teams are not complete teams. I know it’s going to be a good night for us.”

Real men don’t play zone. At least that’s how Miami wide receiver Lamar Thomas has it figured.Thomas looks at Alabama cornerbacks Antonio Langham and George Teague and sees nothing that scares him.

“I don’t really consider their corners two of the best in the nation, because it’s their defensive line that makes them so good,” Thomas said Wednesday. “Their corners never come out of zone coverage, so they’re not good cover men. I don’t think they’re great corners; they’re OK corners. I think they should get out of their zone and be real men.”

…Thomas couldn’t resist one parting shot.

“They’ve been doing some talking about how their defense is going to score against us,” he said. “I don’t think their offense can score against our defense, so they’re probably going to need it.”

I can't find the quote that Rohan Marley had about Roosevelt Patterson. I seem to remember Rosie having a particularly good game that night...

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Go back and look at the end of the Oregon game. He was supposed to take a knee to center the ball in the field for the game-winning FG. HE chose to try and run the ball in and Oregon almost stripped the ball from him. He is and always will be about himself and himself only... :rolleyes:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Go back and look at the end of the Oregon game. He was supposed to take a knee to center the ball in the field for the game-winning FG. HE chose to try and run the ball in and Oregon almost stripped the ball from him. He is and always will be about himself and himself only... :rolleyes:
Never saw the game nor do I want to.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I can't find the quote that Rohan Marley had about Roosevelt Patterson. I seem to remember Rosie having a particularly good game that night...
"You must be an offensive lineman, you fat, sloppy ——," Miami linebacker Rohan Marley had shouted at the amply padded, 290-pound Patterson.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
So you are saying that you watched NONE of that NCG?
I was deployed and was on shift during the game. I honestly probably wouldn’t watch it either way because I don’t like either team and hoped both could lose. The only Auburn game I saw all year was Auburn vs LSU. I saw 4 Bama games (Florida, USCe, LSU, and Michigan St).

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: Tidewater

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Earlier in the week, the French Quarter was host to an ugly incident between Miami and Alabama players. Basically, the Miami players taunted, the Alabama guys listened. “They called us names I can’t use in the paper,” said Derrick Lassic, the Crimson Tide’s leading rusher. “They were right up in our faces, saying us blankety-blanks don’t deserve to be on the same field with them. We just shook our heads. They were out of control.”

The verbal trashing, naturally, has spilled into the interview rooms, where hundreds of national media folk hang on every nasty word. Not a day passes when a Miami player doesn’t ridicule and undermine the opponent, no abuser louder than one Rohan Marley. You may have heard of his late father, Bob. It seems Rohan has given new meaning to the Marleyesque reggae term, Jammin’.

“Alabama has no passing game,” said Marley, a feisty 5-8 linebacker. “And one-dimensional teams are not complete teams. I know it’s going to be a good night for us.”

Real men don’t play zone. At least that’s how Miami wide receiver Lamar Thomas has it figured.Thomas looks at Alabama cornerbacks Antonio Langham and George Teague and sees nothing that scares him.

“I don’t really consider their corners two of the best in the nation, because it’s their defensive line that makes them so good,” Thomas said Wednesday. “Their corners never come out of zone coverage, so they’re not good cover men. I don’t think they’re great corners; they’re OK corners. I think they should get out of their zone and be real men.”

…Thomas couldn’t resist one parting shot.

“They’ve been doing some talking about how their defense is going to score against us,” he said. “I don’t think their offense can score against our defense, so they’re probably going to need it.”

LOL, how perfect is all of this?

So not only did our offense actually score on their vaunted defense; 3 TDs to be exact; but lol, we did score a defensive TD as well.

Even after all these titles under Coach Saban, that Miami win may be the most delicious Alabama victory of all time.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.