Alabama: Latest Bama News 7/4/2022 Thru 7/10/2022

Patton

1st Team
Nov 10, 2021
As far as Keely goes does Ronald know anything about The Tide's Def. schemes and what Keely is projected as down the road?...Geez

And only a "Star-Gazer" gives a hoot about Recruiting rankings...

And he says Khurtiss Perry "could" provide "depth" in 23? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:...I think he was/is a better prospect than Peter Woods. But that is just me.And I do agree with him on Damon Payne and "Used" to be real large Jaheim Oatis. But where Is Isaiah Hasting's name? Wait till he learns how to play.

You just have to remember a few things about recruiting evaluations. Sometimes they are correct. Sometimes they are not. Like any of us who do their own,or their own "investing". For example, LaBryan Ray was a " 5-Star". So was Alfano and Anoma.How did they work out?

Barmore,Mathis,Buggs,Rake Davis,Quinnen Williams were not 5-stars. Jarran Reed was barely a 4-star. How did they work out?

Now,to me,Daron Payne's cuffs matched his collar. As did Da"Shawn Hand's' and Jonathan Allen's.

Without question Recruiting sites' evaluations can be/is an inexact science. A huge number of Hits+Misses every year across the land. And at every school. To me the only thing that really matters is what they do after they get on campus. Plain and simple. I personally hope Peter Woods plays his rear end off, no matter where he ends up. But he wont make or break Alabama football on his own no matter how it plays out.

Reactions: UAH and Padreruf

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Should be no lower than #3...As far as non-QBs? Healthy,this is "The MAN" in the land with the ball in his hands. Like the rhyme?..Seriously,if you are not aware of this you are about to get a good dose of it. The most dangerous and explosive Non-QB athlete in college football at any position.And it is not even close. Now I assume that ALL Tide fans want BOB to show a little more "creativity",among other things maybe more important,this season. Especially with the pieces to the puzzle he has to work with.But I kind of doubt that Coach O'Brien will be trying to conduct a popularity contest with Tide fans. But IF he does? Do these 3 things all for me.

1)Have some designed read/run schemes for BY each game,especially in the Red Zone
2)Have a couple of packages for Jalen Milroe in the gameplan each week

3)And the biggest favor for me? Split Gibbs out to the 3-Receiver side 6-8 times a game,whether as the #1,#2,or #3 WR. Line him up,shift him or motion him out there. Doesnt matter to me. I just want to watch DC's scramble to deal with it,and how they will try to defend that in Man or Zone.:LOL::ROFLMAO:
And for a bonus since I have been such a good boy? Go 5-wide,Warp Speed a couple times a game. Every game,with the following personnel left to right:

WR-Harrell Slot-Gibbs LT LG C RG RT Slot-Leary Slot-I Bond WR-Burton.... Deal with it....:ROFLMAO:

Just some pre-church fun!!!
That last lineup would be fun to watch, but only if the " LT LG C RG RT " can do their jobs.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
  • Thank You
Reactions: The Ols

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Is Nick Saban out of touch with today’s top recruiting prospects?
Nick Saban claps his hands as Alabama opens 2022 spring practice
The most difficult questions are those that demand answers, especially in Alabama football. In the early years of Nick Saban, the Crimson Tide mastered getting the top recruiting prospects — including in-state five stars. Players such as Julio Jones, Nico Johnson, Dre Kirkpatrick, D.J. Fluker, Dee Milliner, T.J. Yeldon, O.J. Howard, Reuben Foster, Marlon Humphrey, […]
He probably is if the most important thing to " today`s top recruiting prospects " is to have a buddy or pal for a head coach instead of a master at preparing players to be successful on the field and being better equipped to deal with life`s adversities.

Patton

1st Team
Nov 10, 2021
That last lineup would be fun to watch, but only if the " LT LG C RG RT " can do their jobs.
My expectation is that the O-Line will be solid. Not 2020 solid,or as solid as other groups we have had. But solid enough...IF we get good play out of our LT and RT which I completely expect.... Why.? .Because I have a boatload of confidence and completely believe in Eric Wolford and his abilities as an O-Line teacher...Unlike Marrone who was almost completely accustomed to working with finished,or near finished,products. Coach Wolf did an outstanding job at UK.

I believe we will be just fine in our IOL....And as I have said for 60-some years. A gifted RB can make an average line look better than maybe they really are in the run game.Enter Jahmyr Gibbs.There were times last year where we had a pretty darn cohesive unit in the run and pass game. Picked up pressures well. Line stunts. Everything. But we had a lot of busts also,and we got beat 1-1 at the point of attack way to many times. We have to clean that up.Playing and developing an efficient to outstanding O-Line is hard work,and sometimes unlike other position rooms? This unit is ONLY as good as its weakest link. Somewhat concerned about the health of Ekiyor and Cohen going in. But hopefully they find their footing.

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: kyallie

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
My expectation is that the O-Line will be solid. Not 2020 solid,or as solid as other groups we have had. But solid enough...IF we get good play out of our LT and RT which I completely expect.... Why.? .Because I have a boatload of confidence and completely believe in Eric Wolford and his abilities as an O-Line teacher...Unlike Marrone who was almost completely accustomed to working with finished,or near finished,products. Coach Wolf did an outstanding job at UK.

I believe we will be just fine in our IOL....And as I have said for 60-some years. A gifted RB can make an average line look better than maybe they really are in the run game.Enter Jahmyr Gibbs.There were times last year where we had a pretty darn cohesive unit in the run and pass game. Picked up pressures well. Line stunts. Everything. But we had a lot of busts also,and we got beat 1-1 at the point of attack way to many times. We have to clean that up.Playing and developing an efficient to outstanding O-Line is hard work,and sometimes unlike other position rooms? This unit is ONLY as good as its weakest link. Somewhat concerned about the health of Ekiyor and Cohen going in. But hopefully they find their footing.
Spoke with a former UA player today...caught up on the team, etc. He said that our main challenge on the OL is that they are not mean enough, i.e., to be a really good OL you need more than technique, you need a Landon Dickerson attitude. I never played at that level, but every great OLineman I've ever seen wanted to knock your block off between the lines.

Reactions: kyallie

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Spoke with a former UA player today...caught up on the team, etc. He said that our main challenge on the OL is that they are not mean enough, i.e., to be a really good OL you need more than technique, you need a Landon Dickerson attitude. I never played at that level, but every great OLineman I've ever seen wanted to knock your block off between the lines.
Landon Dickerson is one of my favorites in the Saban era. Maybe Coach can get Landon to come back and speak to the OLine sometime between now and end of August. RTR

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.