Leaked Audio Clip Reveals China's Plan To Invade Taiwan

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
If the Taiwanese computer chip plants are shut down, global commerce will slowly grind to a complete halt, so if I were them, I'd use that massive leverage.

Reactions: UAH

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
If the Taiwanese computer chip plants are shut down, global commerce will slowly grind to a complete halt, so if I were them, I'd use that massive leverage.
The threat of invasion already has Samsung and Taiwan Semi investing heavily in the US. Disruption of supply from Taiwan would hurt the Chinese as much as any other country.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Quietly arm the Taiwanese to the teeth with our best weapons.
Yep.
The Taiwanese also have a thing called the Hsiung Feng III antiship missile, launched from hardened silos and mobile launchers.
Supersonic and carrying 500 lb payloads.
We know they work because the ROC Navy had a negligent discharge and sank a Taiwanese fishing vessel. As of 2012, they had 250 of them.
Imagine the 1945 invasion of Okinawa with supersonic Japanese kamikazes. (The US lost 36 ships, and had 386 ships damaged by "normal" kamikazes)

Last edited:
Reactions: crimsonaudio

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea
Taiwan is like a fortress. Very few beaches for landing, and rocky cliffs abound. China has never shown much interest in developing a mass invasion force. Where are their Higgins boats?

Resupplying would be a huge nightmare for them. Like Texas Bama said, they can't just drive (or send freight trains).

Taiwan has been preparing for this for decades.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
If Xi didn't learn anything from the Ukraine affair, he deserves what he gets...
Well Taiwan is probably a dumber target than Ukraine. Amphibious assaults are really hard to pull off. If he tries it then he is either banking on the world doing nothing and/or Kim keeping the Americans busy. Both are high risk low reward gambles that Deng would have never tried.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Well Taiwan is probably a dumber target than Ukraine. Amphibious assaults are really hard to pull off. If he tries it then he is either banking on the world doing nothing and/or Kim keeping the Americans busy. Both are high risk low reward gambles that Deng would have never tried.
That's the reason I say that the realization from Ukraine that the rest of the world won't just sit on their collective hands has been a valuable lesson to Xi. It would be rough surgery on us for a while, but China would lose its largest markets...

Reactions: Con and 92tide

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
That's the reason I say that the realization from Ukraine that the rest of the world won't just sit on their collective hands has been a valuable lesson to Xi. It would be rough surgery on us for a while, but China would lose its largest markets...
Xi always has tried to present himself more in line with Deng than Mao, but it’s weird that he keeps trying to play around with the idea with taking Taiwan militarily. Especially when Deng believed economic power trumps the military conquest. Sure every leader of China has to say “Taiwan belongs to us” but most of them use it as lip service or have it very low on their priority list. But Xi really does seem very committed to the idea.

The biggest winner of a Chinese invasion is probably India.

• Thank You
Reactions: UAH

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
the other day on the radio i heard a run down of our diplomatic relations with china since ww2 or before and it made my head spin
i mean the position of the UN before recognizing the Beijing government was kind of ridiculous. The Taipei government was the legitimate government of all of China, and was just having some difficulties enforcing its authority in a portion of its territory (i.e. the mainland). I dislike communists as much as anybody, but that position was ridiculous.
It also proved that the UN can eject a government from the Security Council a fact which might be useful today..

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
i mean the position of the UN before recognizing the Beijing government was kind of ridiculous. The Taipei government was the legitimate government of all of China, and was just having some difficulties enforcing its authority in a portion of its territory (i.e. the mainland). I dislike communists as much as anybody, but that position was ridiculous.
It also proved that the UN can eject a government from the Security Council a fact which might be useful today..
I'm still often found wondering what real purpose the UN serves - starting Monday North Korea will chair the UN disarmament forum on nuclear weapons. It's a rotating position (alphabetically) but the fact remains that stuff like this (and China being elected to the UN Human Rights Council) makes me consider how laughably gutless / pointless the UN actually is.

• Wow
Reactions: seebell and T Bone

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.