Link: Lee Corso calls the 2011 Bama D the Greatest Ever in CFB

REBELZED

All-American
Dec 6, 2006
Found this on another site and thought it was worth sharing. Love him or hate him, Corso knows his college football and I think this is a huge compliment. He also touches on his stroke a bit. I feel really bad for him on Gameday at times because you can tell he gets frustrated, but at least he is still doing what he loves!

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Found this on another site and thought it was worth sharing. Love him or hate him, Corso knows his college football and I think this is a huge compliment. He also touches on his stroke a bit. I feel really bad for him on Gameday at times because you can tell he gets frustrated, but at least he is still doing what he loves!

thanks, i've always liked corso.

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
I got to meet him when Gameday was in town several years ago, before his stroke. He is a great guy who loves college football. You can just tell that he loves what he does for a living and wouldn't give it up for anything.

Dallas4Bama

Suspended
Sep 27, 2006
Dallas, Texas
It's funny, during the dark days after CGS left and before CNS arrived Corso never picked BAMA to win. Most BAMA fans during that period hated him, but he was telling the truth. Now many if those same fans love him because he's very complimentary of BAMA, and again he is simply telling the truth.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
I've always liked Lee, especially when he picks Bama to win. But, didn't he pick LSWho to win the NCG? Well, hindsight is always, ALWAYS, 20/20. And I will admit that I thought if Bama played that game same as they did the first one, there was a possibility that Bama could lose that one too. Fortunately, Bama played the kind of game that it was capable of playing and the results speak for themselves, i.e. Lee Corso's proclamation. Thank you Mr Corso. And, best wishes for your health. I would like to see you around for a long time. Roll Tide, Roll...A'ight. :BigA:

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
Corso has his moments.

And while I agree with him, this being sports and all, superlatives laced with hyperbole are by far the best way to drive readership.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Before the BCSNG I'd venture to say the ONLY people talking about the 2011 D being amongst the best of all time were hardcore Bama fans on message boards. But with the "mauling" that happened on January 9, 2012 I think it took people by total surprise and got their attention. Look, most of the football community KNEW Bama had a dang good defense in 2011 but the shutout, not getting past midfield but once and total yardage under 100 yards took the perception of this D to another level.

"This is just a mauling"- Brent Musburger

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Coach Saban has that "Sly As A Fox" look going on in the video..Like he just ripped one..A "silent but violent" type he knows Lee & Booby both are about to get a whiff of..LOL

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
In 2011...

LSU as a team (offense, defense, and special teams) averaged 40.9 points per game in their 12 games when they did not play Alabama.

In the two games they played us...they scored 9 points and 0 points.

That stat alone is mind-blowing.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I like Lee Corso and it is obvious the stroke has affected him. Like him or not, he calls the games as he sees them, whether it is for or against us. Sometimes the truth is not what Alabama fans want to hear.

Zorak

All-American
Jan 8, 2010
Orlando, FL (Winter Park area)
In 2011...

LSU as a team (offense, defense, and special teams) averaged 40.9 points per game in their 12 games when they did not play Alabama.

Yeah, they averaged 4.5ppg against us...right around 1/10th of what they averaged against the other guys.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
In 2011...

And that was precisely why their fans were on their collective hands and knees praying that Okie State would jump us in the BCS leading up to the BCSNCG. Any LSU fan that says they wanted to see us in that game is either full of it or lying through their teeth.

WalkaboutSean

1st Team
Nov 23, 2010
Nice video, and Corso is probably right. (The irony is that some Alabama fans may dispute his statement, instead favoring the '92 'Bama defense.)

For me the 2011 defense is the king. The assorted stats are ridiculous - 9 TDs surrendered ALL YEAR. It was totally dominant. At times I felt our defense would do pretty well in the NFC. :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.