Les Miles offered a secret settlement to an LSU student.

BearFoot

1st Team
Mar 12, 2017
Fairhope, Alabama
twohandsguitars.com
One subset gives approval for a specific action...and the other is offended. How do you not see that the approval of the action by a sub-set causes issues for the rest of the group?
I’ve always been scared off by the fast and sexually aggressive women...more of a nice-guy personality...but I see the confusion that might happen if I weren’t 🤔
Sorry, but how is that part of the problem?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
One subset gives approval for a specific action...and the other is offended. How do you not see that the approval of the action by a sub-set causes issues for the rest of the group?
I’ve always been scared off by the fast and sexually aggressive women...more of a nice-guy personality...but I see the confusion that might happen if I weren’t 🤔
The behavior of another person does not excuse our behavior. We do what we do, and we own it. We don't blame our behavior on others. At least, that is what we should aspire to.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Wishing I was somewhere close to Duluth with a sli
In awe? You don't think there are stories we've not heard about?

I'd be shocked if half the FBS coaches weren't screwing around. Call me cynical, but...
I probably should have put that in blue font and probably would have had I not been on the I phone.

Nah, I figure it's going on. My goodness, Bryant nearly didn't get the Alabama job in 1957 because of rumors of him with women.

Reactions: B1GTide and dtgreg

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Wishing I was somewhere close to Duluth with a sli
I posted this a few years ago on Facebook when the "metoo" thing was all the rage, but it applies here too:

"Apparently, it's a whole lot more difficult to just keep your mouth shut and your hands to yourself than I ever realized. I always thought it was as easy as: a) keeping your mouth shut; and b) keeping your hands to yourself."

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
The behavior of another person does not excuse our behavior. We do what we do, and we own it. We don't blame our behavior on others. At least, that is what we should aspire to.
Exactly. Nobody controls your reaction to the circumstances or situations you are involved in but you.

Reactions: B1GTide

deltatider

1st Team
Nov 29, 2005
The girl probably just misunderstood what Les was trying to say to her....Les isn’t exactly known as a wordsmith!

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I posted this a few years ago on Facebook when the "metoo" thing was all the rage, but it applies here too:

"Apparently, it's a whole lot more difficult to just keep your mouth shut and your hands to yourself than I ever realized. I always thought it was as easy as: a) keeping your mouth shut; and b) keeping your hands to yourself."
Not hitting on a woman young enough to be your granddaughter seems like a common sense approach to life.

CB4

All-American
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Not hitting on a woman young enough to be your granddaughter seems like a common sense approach to life.
My late father would say “A man Les’ age hitting on young lady in her 20’s is like a dog chasing a car. He wouldn’t know what to do if he caught it.”

One thing seems more and more apparent these days; common sense ain’t so “common” any more.

Reactions: Crimson1967

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I've got a teenaged daughter that will soon be going off to college. Don't think for one second her daddy hasn't already educated her about the dangers of getting too caught up in the neon lights of "liking" and "hanging around" athletes, both HS and college. Though the majority are good apples, it doesn't take but running into one bad one to have a life altering experience.

Our society puts athletes on such a pedestal, even at youth ages, that many grow up going by an entirely different set of rules compared to the average person. You see it at the youth level, the star kid and his parents get a little different treatment than the rest. It then graduates to middle school, high school then college. By the time they get to college they've been conditioned that the world is their kingdom and they can do whatever they want without any consequence.

Last edited: