Let the Madness begin - How Bama makes it to the playoffs…..

Status
Not open for further replies.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
“I guess I would ask the question if we played these teams in question, would we be underdogs in the game or not?” Saban said. “And that should answer everybody’s questions relative to who the best teams are at present. That’s how this should sort of play out.”

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
ESPN is shameless. That’s the explanation for Rece. Fox is contrarian and that’s the explanation for Bayless and Sharpe.

It is what it is. We belong in but the media efforts will be behind TCU. The committee hasn’t typically allowed that to sway them but the circumstances are unique this season.

Reactions: B1GTide
Sep 30, 2002
Knoxville, TN USA
HMM.... Posted 14 hours ago by Sporting News:

" The two most impactful games will be the Big 12 and Pac-12 championship games: If either No. 3 TCU or No. 4 USC loses to No. 10 Kansas State or No. 11 Utah, respectively, then one or both of Ohio State and Alabama could make it into the Playoff without needing to suit up during conference championship weekend."

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Bottom line is this: there is a ton of resentment out there among the media talking heads when it comes to Alabama. There is this notion/narrative Alabama gets preferential treatment like Duke, North Carolina, and Kansas get in basketball tournament bids and seeding.
Alabama, because of a decade and a half of dominance has a completely different measuring stick. A TCU team today gets credit for over a half a dozen come from behind wins in a weak sister conference. The narrative is “TCU is a tough, gutsy team that won’t quit”. Now if Alabama performed that way at any point over the last 15 years and what would they be saying? Of course it would be “What’s wrong with Alabama?”
A victim of our own success? Somewhat. But mostly it is those over the years that were victims of the program’s success that just can’t be objective.

Jay Hughes

All-SEC
Aug 28, 2008
Newnan, GA
Reminds me a bit of Cincinnati last season when the committee went with W-L record instead who was 4th best.
Undefeated is hard to argue with. But TCU is not undefeated. For argument sake. They say that you shouldn’t punish TCU for losing in the “extra game. “ Well, let’s say that they lost last week and was sitting at home with one loss. Would they have got in over Bama in that scenario? 🤣 Also, they forget that Bama didn’t have an opportunity in the extra game to win and solidify a place.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
I thought he was one now I know he is a douche bag.

Pat Forde

@ByPatForde

·
1h

Next stop: Saban will appear with a bullhorn in the lobby of the selection committee hotel in Grapevine to coach 'em up on getting the Tide into the playoff.
Quote Tweet

Michael Casagrande

@ByCasagrande
·
1h
Nick Saban will appear on the halftime show of the Big Ten title game, Fox announces with just over 5:00 left in the half.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
While the selection committee stats the goal is to “select the four best teams” we all know it is about perception. The perception is that of “favoritism” for Alabama.
We all know in past years “an injury to a key player or players” would be taken into consideration. As Coach Saban pointed out, no one wants to take into consideration that Bryce was probably still playing hurt in both of those losses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.