Let the Madness begin - How Bama makes it to the playoffs…..

Status
Not open for further replies.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
(Me laughing at Alabama fans who are all "but Ohio State has a lousy SoS" who ignored that in 2011 when it went against us.......)

SoS, as I've noted here before, is a wax nose that anyone can make say anything they want. I'm not saying it's meaningless, but it has far more salience when we're comparing someone like UCF and

It's not like we blasted Ohio State and Michigan in OOC games, blew everyone else off the field - and lost two games on the last play, folks.

I woulda thought Tide fans would abandon the "but SoS" argument when Clemson's lousy SoS blew us off the field, 44-16. But hey, what do I know.

Reactions: B1GTide and Cruloc

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
Side note....we've complained all year because of how we played, but check this with strength of schedules.

1. Georgia - #47
2. Michigan - #39
3. TCU - #35
4. USC - #57
5. Ohio State - #34
6. Alabama - #8
7. Tennessee - #7
8. Penn State - #28
9. Clemson - #60
10. KSU - #32

Toughest schedules overall were:
1. Auburn
2. Vanderbilt
3. Michigan State
4. Mississippi State
5. Florida
6. Georgia Tech
7. Tennessee
8. Alabama
9. Rutgers
10. Indiana

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
(Me laughing at Alabama fans who are all "but Ohio State has a lousy SoS" who ignored that in 2011 when it went against us.......)

SoS, as I've noted here before, is a wax nose that anyone can make say anything they want. I'm not saying it's meaningless, but it has far more salience when we're comparing someone like UCF and

It's not like we blasted Ohio State and Michigan in OOC games, blew everyone else off the field - and lost two games on the last play, folks.

I woulda thought Tide fans would abandon the "but SoS" argument when Clemson's lousy SoS blew us off the field, 44-16. But hey, what do I know.
Exactly....unless its someone like a Sun Belt team or MAC team....the strength of schedule is mostly meaningless.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I rather Alabama to sit this year out.... No way we can fix our issues in 1 month against playoff team. Out of 4... I think we can beat Georgia, but others... not so sure.

Reactions: RTR2u

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
I rather Alabama to sit this year out.... No way we can fix our issues in 1 month against playoff team. Out of 4... I think we can beat Georgia, but others... not so sure.
Yep, I'd rather not get run over by Michigan.....run through by USC.....out coached by TCU....manhandled by Georgia.

We just don't have it this year. A healthy Bryce gives us a shot, but our soft defense isn't stopping Michigan much. Caleb Williams would have a feast of yards vs us.

I'll just be happy with the Sugar Bowl, we'll see who plays and who doesn't.....I'm guessing the probable opponent would be Kansas State?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Side note....we've complained all year because of how we played, but check this with strength of schedules.

1. Georgia - #47
2. Michigan - #39
3. TCU - #35
4. USC - #57
5. Ohio State - #34
6. Alabama - #8
7. Tennessee - #7
8. Penn State - #28
9. Clemson - #60
10. KSU - #32

Toughest schedules overall were:
1. Auburn
2. Vanderbilt
3. Michigan State
4. Mississippi State
5. Florida
6. Georgia Tech
7. Tennessee
8. Alabama
9. Rutgers
10. Indiana
Curious where these numbers are from. I get that SOS is tough to calculate and is fraught with assumptions, but Sagarin's numbers are way diff:
Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 8.31.40 AM.png

• Wow
Reactions: seebell and B1GTide

Joefus

1st Team
Jan 3, 2021
Fitting tcu gets a chance to punch their ticket against another team starting a backup qb

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
For everyone giving up, I would just remind you that no team during what is the Nick Saban era at Alabama has benefited more from other teams choking than Alabama has.

In 2011, OK State choked.

In 2012, Oregon and Oklahoma choked.

In 2014 and 2015, Ole Miss choked spectacularly.

In 2017, Auburn choked.

I would not give up just yet and I would also not sell us short if we got the chance. All of what you say about BoB, Gol*ding, and our maturity/toughness issues are true. Yet, we are in fact so talented, that they are most certainly capable of pulling it off if given the chance.

Don't make any bets, sure, but don't give up just yet.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
"Win your games or don't complain."
Selmaborntidefan (I need to trademark that one)

"The fact Tennessee is upset about being ranked below Alabama while Alabama is upset about not being in the CFP tells you all you need to know about the difference in the programs."
Also me

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
For everyone giving up, I would just remind you that no team during what is the Nick Saban era at Alabama has benefited more from other teams choking than Alabama has.

In 2017, Auburn choked.

I would not give up just yet and I would also not sell us short if we got the chance. All of what you say about BoB, Gol*ding, and our maturity/toughness issues are true. Yet, we are in fact so talented, that they are most certainly capable of pulling it off if given the chance.

Not quite correct

2011 - OK State AND Boise St AND Oklahoma choked
2012 - Oregon AND Kansas St choked

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA

In 2017, Auburn choked.

Note that in the years you listed we only had one loss

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Note that in the years you listed we only had one loss
Yeah, but some of those choking teams have been known to choke two losses' worth in a single defeat (c.f., Chokie Lite, 2011), and, whaddya know, it just could happen again.

Sep 30, 2002
Knoxville, TN USA
I find the thing with LSU ironic. Sure, if they'd handled business against Texas A&M it would have made our loss to them (LSU) not look as severe. But, by them losing three games, it puts them behind us.

What a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.