Let the Madness begin - How Bama makes it to the playoffs…..

Status
Not open for further replies.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Btw - those of you going "but Ohio St lost to Michigan and didn't drop very far," Georgia lost to Alabama by 17 points last December and still made the playoff - dropping only TWO SPOTS.

There is ample precedent for "lose by double digits to a good team, don't drop far."

This isn't some "ESPN has a contract with the Big Ten" nonsense.
TCU and USCw dropping 2 spots is perfect :)

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Just one thing to remember when looking at strength of schedule. It’s not to assume that Ohio State or southern Cal would lose to Mississippi State, or Ole Miss, or Auburn……. It’s the wear and tear on your team over the course of a 12 game season and the impact that has on your depth, And the ability of your stars to perform at peak levels.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Just one thing to remember when looking at strength of schedule. It’s not to assume that Ohio State or southern Cal would lose to Mississippi State, or Ole Miss, or Auburn……. It’s the wear and tear on your team over the course of a 12 game season and the impact that has on your depth, And the ability of your stars to perform at peak levels.
The SEC eats itself every year with the meat grinder schedule. This year it got Alabama, but it has claimed many other SEC schools over the years.

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
The SEC eats itself every year with the meat grinder schedule. This year it got Alabama, but it has claimed many other SEC schools over the years.
Our road schedule is what got us. @ Texas, @ Arkansas, @ Tennessee, @ LSU, @ Ole Miss. Getting everyone's best shot. Texas had the whole summer to plan for us.

Compare that to Ohio State's road schedule. @ Michigan State, @ Penn State, @ Northwestern, @ Maryland.

Or Michigan's road schedule. @ Iowa, @ Indiana, @ Rutgers, @ Ohio State

Or even Georgia's road schedule. @ South Carolina (early in the season), @ Missouri, @ Miss. State, @ Kentucky

USC had @ Stanford, @ Oregon State, @ Utah, @ Arizona, @ UCLA.

TCU @ Colorado, @ SMU, @ Kansas, @ West Virginia, @ Texas, @ Baylor

TCU had more road games than home games, with each road game being within one score except the Colorado one.

TIDE24

1st Team
Jan 12, 2000
Bartlett, TN
I am not into conspiracy theories, nor do I believe any game would be "fixed", but the entire college football world is rooting for TCU and USC this weekend. Particularly the Big12 and Pac12, they do not want to be left out of the CFP yet again. There is serious $$ on the line for both conferences if USC or TCU lose.

The college footfall world's worst nightmare (outside of Columbus and Tuscaloosa) would be for both of those teams to lose and you end up with an all-SEC semi and an all BIG10 semi and potentially an all SEC or all Big10 final.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I am not into conspiracy theories, nor do I believe any game would be "fixed", but the entire college football world is rooting for TCU and USC this weekend. Particularly the Big12 and Pac12, they do not want to be left out of the CFP yet again. There is serious $$ on the line for both conferences if USC or TCU lose.

The college footfall world's worst nightmare (outside of Columbus and Tuscaloosa) would be for both of those teams to lose and you end up with an all-SEC semi and an all BIG10 semi and potentially an all SEC or all Big10 final.
I agree. IF the games are close this weekend, it will be interesting to see which team the refs favor......

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The only way I think Bama gets in is if USC and TCU both lose by huge margins. Bama would then have to move from 6 to 4. That would mean a rematch of last year's title game in one semi and last week's UM/OSU game in the other. I'm curious if the committee would move Bama to 3 to avoid that.

I think it's a pipe dream.
It's not happening. Everyone at Alabama knows this. That is why the players have started announcing their intent to enter the portal

Reactions: Al A Bama

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn
Say it with me........2022 Alabama is not getting into the College Football Playoff.
Maybe, but I'll tell you this and you probably know but nobody wants to play Bama in the playoffs, they are dangerous in a 2 game playoff and would be favored over every top 10 team at a neutral site except maybe Georgia

Reactions: crimsonaudio

spidermayin

3rd Team
Dec 4, 2018
I mean, we just need two upsets to happen on championship weekend. Crazier things have happened in college football. I wouldn't bank on it though. We don't really deserve it, but if both USC and TCU drop the ball championship weekend, they don't really deserve it either.

Reactions: dtgreg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.