Let the Madness begin - How Bama makes it to the playoffs…..

Status
Not open for further replies.

braggtd

Suspended
Sep 25, 2011
A TCU loss and Bama is in. I would love a TCU and UM loss...that would be Chaos! TCU loss is the only path. I think they lose...just saying. They are -1.5 so Vegas thinks there is a game to be played. The thought of Bama vs UGA...sheesh. not sure how that would look. This team has been missing the it factor all year. However; Saban is tough to beat when he has that much time to prepare.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
It was funny last night, as Utah started dragging USC up and down the field at the end, listening to Brock Huard. It crushed his soul the PAC 12 was now out. When USC jumped out early, Brock was gleeful. The last quarter, it was like he was providing color commentary on a wisdom tooth extraction.
And the fact that now tOSU and Bama are “back in the playoff discussion” was killing him.
I’m not going get into the “If TCU loses” debate. The mere fact that a TCU loss could put Bama in and to watch the associated “hand wringing” is simply glorious. 😂😂😂

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
It may or may not. No one knows for sure what the committee will do but it's not ridiculous to think TCU is in barring a massive massive loss
Could go either way. TC has played a cupcake schedule in comparison to the other four potential playoff teams. And FTR, twitter is en fuego with major sportswirters suggesting not only that Bama is likely in if TCU loses, but there are some even suggesting Bama might get in over OSU (I don't see it, but who knows).

IOW, this is far from over. A TCU loss today would make it far more interesting.
318096541_10160254934137604_3182926513096140125_n.jpg

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
ESPN updated their Playoff Projection too....

Screenshot (243).png

Bama's odds increased from 14.1% to 18.8% with the USCw Loss.

I feel like TCU and tOSUs odds should be reversed though.

tOSU is basically in now since they don't play again unless Mich somehow got MURDERED by Purdue and it hurt them enough for Bama to jump but I just can't see that happening at all.

Meanwhile ESPN has KSU with a 46% chance to upset TCU.

TCU is on shakier ground right now imo.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
If Bama does not sneak in the playoffs (I dont think we will), then I will be cheering for whoever is in to beat UGA.... hopefully in the semi finals. I do not want UGA winning back to back or have the possibility of 3 in a row.
I think Ohio State is a team that could give Georgia problems. Saban basically said a year ago the way to beat Georgia is to have a great QB along with receivers they can't cover. I think Ohio State has those two things.

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
Today, I'll be rooting for TCU to lose.
If they should win, I'll be rooting for them to win all the rest of the way.
I'm with you Bamaro, if we aren't in it, then a TCU natty would be very cool and so hilarious at the same time.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I think TCU is going to choke today. We will see. I think we are in if they lose regardless but I’ve said over and over I will accept whatever happens. But oh to see the fallout of BAMA making it in. I have nothing personal against TCU, it’s just that I want to see all of these people have to deal with a 10-2 Alabama in the playoffs.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
A TCU loss and Bama is in. I would love a TCU and UM loss...that would be Chaos! TCU loss is the only path. I think they lose...just saying. They are -1.5 so Vegas thinks there is a game to be played. The thought of Bama vs UGA...sheesh. not sure how that would look. This team has been missing the it factor all year. However; Saban is tough to beat when he has that much time to prepare.
I think TCU would need to get blown out, not just beat. As for how it stands right now and barring any more upsets, OSU still has the better resume and gets in over Bama IMO.

Reactions: tusks_n_raider

MILEHIGHTIDE

1st Team
Apr 9, 2011
TCU has *better wins*. They are going to have at least 1 fewer loss, and *better wins*. Nobody is going to put a 2 loss team over a 1 loss team when the 1 loss team has the better wins. How good the losses are is never a tiebreaker......

I'd love to watch us play georgia in atlanta a month from now......there is just no chance of that happening though. And we don't deserve to.
Guess you are back to share tcu’s dominance of mediocrity.

Riddle me this tcuhomer, the b12 ranks 4 out of the big 4 conferences in rpi. b12 is weak like your great grandmother type weak, but would love to hear your arguing against that.

Quality wins seriously? Again, the b12 is weak. Their ooc schedule is laughable at best, what conference, division is tarleton state in?

colorado 1-11
tarelton 6-5
smu 7-5
oak 6-6
kan 6-6
okst 7-5
kst 9-3
wva 5-7
tt 7-5
tx 8-4
bay 6-6
iowast 4-8

please try to explain to us how that schedule and the b12 even come close to comparing to the sec and an sec schedule. Heck you could legitimately argue that half of the sec would be undefeated playing that schedule. Keep in mind tcu has 7 comeback wins too so domination of mediocrity may be a stretch for you to justify too.

tcu would be a dog against minimum 6 sec teams, and kstate would to be to more than that. kstate 0-3 against ranked opps. In the sec tcu would have minimum 4 losses.

RTR

Last edited:
Reactions: Con and LA BamaCarl

MILEHIGHTIDE

1st Team
Apr 9, 2011
could there be multiple non conference champions in the playoffs, yes absolutely looks like at least 2 at the minimum maybe more

MILEHIGHTIDE

1st Team
Apr 9, 2011
using my best crimson glasses:

apparently there was a discussion by a committee member saying something to the effect that just because BAMA is behind osu this week does not necessarily mean they will this week even if they do not play…so hopefully that means there were serious discussions as to who really should be #5 and get an opportunity should a team ahead lose…well #3 and #4 both lost…if it were a 12 team playoff tcu usc would be out so when you lose sometimes does matter

if the true object is to get the best four in it as of today then it will be jawjaw BAMA and meech osu in the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.