Let the Madness begin - How Bama makes it to the playoffs…..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Just like 2017, I do not expect to make the playoffs. I went for a bike ride during the selection show in 2017 because I had no desire to watch us not get selected. This year I will do exactly the same thing.

I expect it to be uga, michigan ohio state and tcu. We will be in the sugar against K-State.
I hope you have a great ride today.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
A 2-loss team has never made the college football playoffs over a 1-loss team. I can see your point tho. I guess it is possible but that 2 loss team better be crushing everyone else and that 1 loss team better be weak.

A great example was the TAMU 2020 team. They got rocked by Bama and then rocked everyone else but got left out because of an undefeated ND team who went on to get rocked by Bama. No way that team deserved in over the Aggies but a loss is a loss.
This is a better summary.

Correct - no two-loss team has ever made the CFP - but only because Auburn lost the rematch to Georgia kina decisively.

Reactions: B1GTide

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
Just like 2017, I do not expect to make the playoffs. I went for a bike ride during the selection show in 2017 because I had no desire to watch us not get selected. This year I will do exactly the same thing.

I expect it to be uga, michigan ohio state and tcu. We will be in the sugar against K-State.
K-State is a decent team. I’m hoping we don’t have a Utah moment likes years ago.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
We have had our share of good fortune over the years when it comes to getting in. This year might not be our year. And I’m okay with it.
However I will say, if by some way we do get in, I will revel in every moment of watching “heads explode” and “the whining and gnashing of teeth” for days to come….

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
And I can’t agree with you more on this. You lose to a three loss team and you don’t drop?
At least to #4.

I can understand the "everyone else has two losses" argument.

I don't think it's a good one - there's not a dime's worth of difference in "we rate the one-loss team higher than the unbeaten because we think they're better" and "we rate the two-loss team ahead of the one-loss for the exact same reason."

Tidelines

All-American
Oct 19, 2022
I still don’t see us getting in…it’s against the powerbrokers in college football
The powers that be love ratings. They know if we play Georgia and do lose. More people would tune in to see Bama get beat than another team win a game. Not that any other team would necessarily beat UG. Alabama equals ratings. It is what it is. It isn’t our fault for all the haters.

Reactions: Methylred

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
At least to #4.

I don't think it's a good one - there's not a dime's worth of difference in "we rate the one-loss team higher than the unbeaten because we think they're better" and "we rate the two-loss team ahead of the one-loss for the exact same reason."
And isn’t that the goal? The committee has stated as much. Suddenly it’s not “about that”?

Tidelines

All-American
Oct 19, 2022
At least to #4.

That is a good,good point.

Reactions: Go Bama and B1GTide

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
We have had our share of good fortune over the years when it comes to getting in. This year might not be our year. And I’m okay with it.
However I will say, if by some way we do get in, I will revel in every moment of watching “heads explode” and “the whining and gnashing of teeth” for days to come….
Yep, I can’t lose today, if we get left out, well I’ve excepted that outcome for the past month, if we get in? Well let’s just say that Twitter today will be worth popping some popcorn.

Reactions: B1GTide

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I mean it's not just that is it?

tOSU has 1 loss to an Undefeated team that is ranked #2 and is 12-0

Alabama has 2 losses and 1 is to another 10-2 team ranked #7/#8 and the other is 9-3 and ranked #11/#13

tOSU has a better loss when factoring in Quality of opponent.

Alabama has lost to not one but two teams worse than Michigan no matter the margin.
Margin, location and point during the season have ALL mattered in the past, but now they don’t. Got it.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Something keeps pinging me in the back of my brain. Why announce an expansion of the playoff prior to anticipated chaos in this year‘s top four? I think the biggest scream that would have come from putting Bama in the top four would have been the “we need to expand the Playoffs now” crowd.

Now that you’ve already done that, you’ve really bought yourself some credit by moving Bama into the top four. You’ve already solved the problem that you were creating. Maybe I’m over thinking it. But the timing tells me quite a bit. Perhaps there’s a chance

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I went for a long run that day for the same reason
My wife called me during my run to let me know that Alabama was in.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
Also I would like to know...Where is the "If you can't win your conference, You shouldn't be able to win the national title" crowd that made their voices known every chance they could get from 2011 to 2020. It's amazing how someone not named Alabama winning the national title without winning their conference last year seemed to have completely make those crybabies go away. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.