Let the Madness begin - How Bama makes it to the playoffs…..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 30, 2002
Knoxville, TN USA
For anyone saying that we don't "deserve" to be there because of the way we're playing, I challenge you to dig back on this board to last season, and see the criticisms of the offensive line. Then when we took on Georgia in the SECCG and won, Bryce had all day to stand back there and pick his target.

If we make it in, I believe this team will show up.

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: CrimsonRuss

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
The facts

how Many losses you have matters
Who you lose to matters
When you lose matters
Where you lose matters
How you lose matters.

computer numbers matter
Eye test matters
SOS matters
Common opponents matter

Vegas odds matter
Ratings matter
Rankings matter
Conference strength matters
Conference championship matters
Brand name matters

lol

• Roll Tide!
  • Haha
Reactions: CoolBreeze and Con

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
In all honesty. We likely don’t make it. Because we worry as a society too much about feelings.

in The past two weeks. 3,4,5,6,8 all lost. When crunch time mattered most. They ALL lost. When it was 100% in their control. They lost.

how we get in. But we likely won’t.

fingers crossed.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
In all honesty. We likely don’t make it. Because we worry as a society too much about feelings.

in The past two weeks. 3,4,5,6,8 all lost. When crunch time mattered most. They ALL lost. When it was 100% in their control. They lost.

fingers crossed.
Exactly! Did they cave to the pressure? I am loving this. It is making selection Sunday much more interesting.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL

fingers crossed.
I hear you but this would be my counter...

Bama lost to Tenn and our defense the entire game and at the end was as tough as a wet paper bag.

But hey 1 close loss like that is probably forgivable.

But then in crunch time when it mattered most and when Alabama STILL had destiny 100% in their control..

They THREW UP all over themselves to an ultimately mediocre LSU team and at the very end the defense was again as tough as a wet paper bag.

We messed up.... had a 2nd chance... and MESSED UP AGAIN.

It's not about feelings.... we didn't get it done... TWICE.

Last edited:

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I here you but this would be my counter...

Bama lost to Tenn and our defense the entire game and at the end was as tough as a wet paper bag.

But hey 1 close loss like that is probably forgivable.

But then in crunch time when it mattered most and when Alabama STILL had destiny 100% in their control..

They THREW UP all over themselves to an ultimately mediocre LSU team and at the very end the defense was again as tough as a wet paper bag.

We messed up.... had a 2nd chance... and MESSED UP AGAIN.

It's not about feelings.... we didn't get it done... TWICE.
Who is the better team?

Reactions: AlexanderFan

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I'm not gonna sweat it - Bama had the chance to punch their own ticket and didn't make it happen. So here we are.

That said, (obviously) I hope Bama makes the CFP.

Right now I'm just having fun. :)
Now I’m concerned about establishing a precedent of a team losing and not falling. Especially just to spite Alabama. Even worse an average team like TCU.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
We would beat both by 2-3 scores. Saban with a month? Yep.
We might would win but what makes you think we could beat either by 2-3 scores?

Duggan and Stroud would FEAST against Golding.

CNS has been completely fine all year with Golding dropping 8 against QB's who have scrambling abilities and Duggan would run HOG WILD

CNS has been competely fine all year with Golding vacating the Middle of the field and Blitzing #10 right up the middle with the OLB's in Pass D and Safeties on WRs... Stroud and his NFL Caliber WRs would go NUTS.

You are basically counting on BoBs gameplan to work from the start (because he won't adjust) AND it be good enough to outscore TCU or tOSU

I mean that could happen...but it's not likely...and not by 2-3 scores

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.