Lets get it on record your prediction for the rest of the year. Win Loss?

Goldrush

Sep 22, 2015
Guys, you are making this way too complicated.

The offense apparently scores 24 points against solid competition no matter what.

The question should be: If the Alabama Offense (and only offense) scores 24 points, will it be enough to beat team X?

Is 24 enough to beat Texas? No.
Is 24 enough to beat Ole Miss? Yes.
Is 24 enough to beat Texas A&M? Yes.
Is 24 enough to beat Arkansas? Yes.

And the future:

Is 24 enough to beat Tennessee? Yes.
Is 24 enough to beat Auburn? Yes.
Is 24 enough to beat LSU? Probably need to score 30+ to win this game.

There you go. Score 30+ against LSU to win out to SECCG. The defense is good enough to keep all other teams under 24.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Guys, you are making this way too complicated.

The offense apparently scores 24 points against solid competition no matter what.
Yes, like with USF.

The question should be: If the Alabama Offense (and only offense) scores 24 points, will it be enough to beat team X?

Is 24 enough to beat Texas? No.
It is if the offense doesn't do something stupid.

Is 24 enough to beat Ole Miss? Yes.
Is 24 enough to beat Texas A&M? Yes.
Is 24 enough to beat Arkansas? Yes.

And the future:

Is 24 enough to beat Tennessee? Yes.
Is 24 enough to beat Auburn? Yes.
Is 24 enough to beat LSU? Probably need to score 30+ to win this game.

There you go. Score 30+ against LSU to win out to SECCG. The defense is good enough to keep all other teams under 24.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
Off all the quarterbacks available ( with the NIL+), How did we settle on Milroe. I look back at out QB's before NIL and we have had some great ones. This season depends on how Milroe performs . I cant see him returning next year. He just appears slow in making a decision or the wrong one when the play breaks down. I I hope wakes up with an epiphany and realizes he is the starting QB for Bama. None of the teams we play are afraid of him like they have been with our QBs of the past. Take a dice and roll it and what ever number it stops on is how many we might win .This team scares me I can even hear it in Eli Golds voice.

Last edited:

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
We have been very fortunate. Several QBs over the last several years came to Bama game ready. Tua and Bryce for sure. Greg was pretty much a plug and play. AJ and Coker were pretty much there, just needed a little tweaking. Mac was very green, but he came along nicely in a short period of time. It's been a LONG time since a QB came in needing THIS much work. And what's even more maddening is, he's had time to have gotten the experience under his belt. And yet, he has the ability to still look like he did in the 2022 aTm game. If I'm CNS, I am looking at this as simply a means to an end and I'm hitting that portal with a vengeance for the next guy. Will it be another Tua, Bryce, or even Mac? No. But I would be perfectly ok with the next John Parker Wilson or AJ

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
It is if the offense doesn't do something stupid.
They do something stupid every single game. It's only a matter of how bad the stupid is and how often it is repeated.

I find it interesting how people are still talking about seeing, or hoping to see, improvement. Most people say you see the most improvement between games 2 and 3, or something like that. Well we are way beyond that. Honestly, I haven't seen real meaningful improvement much at all this year. Some games are better than others, but they always fall back on the same problems. At this point, Milroe is who he is, and the OL is what it is. Neither are up to the normal standard we have grown to expect under Saban.

Last edited:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
We have been very fortunate. Several QBs over the last several years came to Bama game ready. Tua and Bryce for sure. Greg was pretty much a plug and play. AJ and Coker were pretty much there, just needed a little tweaking. Mac was very green, but he came along nicely in a short period of time. It's been a LONG time since a QB came in needing THIS much work. And what's even more maddening is, he's had time to have gotten the experience under his belt. And yet, he has the ability to still look like he did in the 2022 aTm game. If I'm CNS, I am looking at this as simply a means to an end and I'm hitting that portal with a vengeance for the next guy. Will it be another Tua, Bryce, or even Mac? No. But I would be perfectly ok with the next John Parker Wilson or AJ
Julian Sayin is having an amazing senior year. He's a 5* the caliber of Tua and Bryce. He's the next great one!

I'm not sure what the QB room looks like next year but Sayin is coming and planning to be great!

It would be foolish to think he could come in as a true freshman and be like a mature Tua or Bryce, but I sincerely doubt if he's forced into action as a true freshman we wouldn't be any more discombobulated next year as we are this year with a guy in his 3rd year in the program.

I'm self-scouting and recognizing that leaving your starter in when you're up by three scores early in the 4th quarter means your backup QB isn't getting anything meaningful wrt expereince.

For some reason, Saban has long had a blind spot wrt developing backup QBs.
Someone one day will write a book about his two biggest blind spots: getting back ups experience AND not using time outs (I'm convinced CNS has a side bet with someone about how many timeouts he can keep and still win games!)

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Not to derail the OP but I'm convinced CNS's failure to play back ups is due to his NFL background.

But the difference is NFL backups and generally older players (like Andy Dalton backing up Bryce). They don't need minutes like a freshman backing up a 2nd or 3rd year player.

JM, to his credit, is tougher than a pine knot, but if he keeps taking the licks he's taking he'll get injured before the end of the year.

How's TS gonna do after not getting any meaningful snaps (not sure if he's gotten any) since USF???

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
I just want to get a feel for what people think will happen the rest of the year.

We have:

Tennessee: I say we win this game and get revenge.

LSU: This game scares me because their offense is prolific and their QB is dynamic. I believe coming out of the bye J.M will have his best game of his career and the defense will do just enough to keep us in this one.

Kentucky: I believe we win this game after having grown up the last few weeks.

Chattanooga: We have the back ups in by the start of the 4th.

Auburn: SNASS

SEC championship game: Hate to admit not sure if anyone is beating Ga. Kirby has built a monster in Athens.
Happy to say I was right on the everything but the Championship game. I don't believe anyone who commented in this thread thought we would beat Ga tonight. So glad to be wrong.

This team is amazing!!!!!

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
dude, this isn’t a smack board
Well it’s been invited with all the “You were wrong and I’m going to tell you how wrong” threads and posts that have been allowed to pop up since the LSU game. At some point you have to move on from this ego driven posting and get ready for Christmas and Michigan. Most of these takes aren’t attention seeking eeyore posting and are far more grounded in what was actually seen at the time.

Just bashing to bash is just stupid. If given an immediate reason to do so then fine. But seriously how many more times do people have to say “I guess I let the USF game affect my perception of the rest of the season. But anyways I’m happily proven wrong”.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Can we all just agree that the grumpiness over the poor play when it was happening was understandable and predictable? What were we supposed to do? Pump sunshine in the face of a loss to Texas and barely being able to beat USF and not having a clue what the QB situation might look like going forward??? Remember the guy who started that game is going into the portal to play LaCrosse next year!!!

The QB play and the offense in general was so bad it had some of us old timers referring to the Spencer Pennington and Brandon Avalos times! IT WAS BAD!!!

All of us are like blind squirrels about the future. We sometimes find a nut in our prognostication of what will happen.

It's just a bad look to pull up a past post and say "Look I was right" and it seems a lot of this is just trying to stick it to other posters who had a different opinion when the going was tough.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Well it’s been invited with all the “You were wrong and I’m going to tell you how wrong” threads and posts that have been allowed to pop up since the LSU game. At some point you have to move on from this ego driven posting and get ready for Christmas and Michigan. Most of these takes aren’t attention seeking eeyore posting and are far more grounded in what was actually seen at the time.

Just bashing to bash is just stupid. If given an immediate reason to do so then fine. But seriously how many more times do people have to say “I guess I let the USF game affect my perception of the rest of the season. But anyways I’m happily proven wrong”.
this dude is a troll, or a naive noob