Link: Lets get ready for BAMA in the ESPN Invitational Nov. 25, 26 & 28

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
On a side note, is the championship game matchup Dayton vs Belmont? If so, we really missed an opportunity with this tourney. No knock on either team, just saying we really had a solid chance of winning this one. Grant really has the Dayton program humming up there. Won't be surprised if the win this tournament.
Agreed. I was pondering yesterday what went wrong with Grant at Bama. He seems to be a good coach but for whatever reason he was just going through the motions his last few seasons at Bama.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
A guy like Grant will feast on the transfer portal. He has no interest in recruiting HS and AAU players. He had better results recruiting JUCOs. The guy has zero personality.

Reactions: TideEngineer08

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
I agree about Penny, that's what makes a win against them even more important for us. We really need to put the throttle down on them. One more sub par season for them with all the talent he's been getting in will surely lead to him being on the hot seat next year.
They turn the ball over a LOT.

A lot of it will come down to Emoni Bates too. When he's good, he's good, but he's damn inconsistent.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I don't think he recruited very well.
He recruited well initially but then he just gave up. He did nothing to promote the program. I've heard Wes Neighbors say that he tried to get Grant on his show several times and he never returned their calls.

A guy like Grant will feast on the transfer portal. He has no interest in recruiting HS and AAU players. He had better results recruiting JUCOs. The guy has zero personality.
I checked and most of the Dayton roster is freshmen or redshirt freshmen that signed with Dayton out of high school. They have 3 transfers after losing 3 to the transfer portal. They have 3 on their roster from Ohio, the rest are from all over. Their 2021 recruiting class was ranked in the top 20. He didn't recruit well at Alabama but that doesn't mean he can't recruit. It is still a mystery to me why he quit on Bama like he did. He went after the Illinois job early on and after he did not get that job he just went into a shell.

• Thank You
Reactions: JDCrimson

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.