Let's talk about coordinators

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
If BoB leaves then one name you will undoubtedly see again is Adam Gase. He is among the Saban coaching tree but so was Jason Garrett. However Gase was a recruiting coordinator at LSU for Saban and was a long time GA under him at MSU.

Personally I would be calling guys like Helfrich before going the NFL route again (even though Daboll was better than what I thought). But again I have 7 fewer national championship rings than CNS so….
Helfrich would be a good choice

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
It has been said on Tidefans ever since CNS arrived, regardless of who was DC, "remember that this is Saban's defense". What does that really mean? This is speculation and not meant as an indictment of CNS or CPG, but do we have two coaches trying to coach the same defense? Is Golding, yielding to CNS even though it may not be the way he would to it. Are the players getting mixed information and signals from Saban and Golding. There just seems to be a really serious disconnect between the defensive coaches on the sidelines and the players on the field.
All the more reason that PG needs to go.

Joefus

1st Team
Jan 3, 2021
With George looking much better at RT than Owens I’m wondering if this is another Jalen sitch. Is saban’s loyalty to upperclassman the reason we didn’t make the move sooner? I dunno but I’m not as low on Doug as I have been. May not have been his fault at all

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
All the more reason that PG needs to go.
Unless the next four (4, f-o-u-r) games to close out this season are an absolute disaster, which there being a fourth (4th, f-o-u-r-t-h) game in the first place, would mean the first three (3, t-h-r-e-e) went down pretty good, Golddust ain't going nowhere.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
I watched only George on several plays and he blocked no better than Owens.
George is was marginally better in run blocking than Owens, but we certainly saw that Owens is VASTLY better in pass protection. Without major improvement, George will need to move inside. Hopefully Latham and Brockmeyer will be ready next year since Owens and very likely Neal will be moving on.

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
Could very well be that it's in their contract that if the playoffs are made, they have to fulfil the contract until the season is actually over?

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
Also, given how little time the majority of the staff have been with Saban, each one may want another year on staff to better their chances of success in the future.

Reactions: Con

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Well watching man in the arena (Tom Brady documentary) this week BoB was on it. Apparently the Patriots nicknamed him “the Teapot”, and put a little teapot in his office.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Just wondering if Bama loses any coordinators this year seems strange no one has picked up anyone from the staff so far.
That's because our coordinators - by comparison with those in the past anyway - aren't any good.

Let's be crystal clear: TALENT on the field and COACHING from the head honcho is why this team is in position to defend its title.

Of course, I also agree with those who say, "But Saban is the one who hired them." Can't argue with that.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.