LGBTQ Issues: Will We Choose Love and Acceptance or Hate and Oppression?

Status
Not open for further replies.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
no I know a couple of gay republicans they are just straight up selfish terrible people. All about the money for them
I have a family member who is gay and is a proud Republican but its more based on economical belief, and the partner is a die hard Trumper. But it just shows how pigeon holing people into things gets messy. I mean for years we hear how Democrats own the Latino vote yet there is a good number that are in full agreeance with Trump. I mean just look Miami in the last presidential election... It wasnt the win Biden was expecting.

Point is people probably identify with a political party based on race, religion, sex, and sexual orientation, but there is good amount of people who dont that would surprise you.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I read an article once about the Log Cabin people. It said they support the party on other issues and hope that by being a part of the GOP, they can change the mindset from within.

• Thank You
Reactions: seebell

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
I have a family member who is gay and is a proud Republican but its more based on economical belief, and the partner is a die hard Trumper. But it just shows how pigeon holing people into things gets messy. I mean for years we hear how Democrats own the Latino vote yet there is a good number that are in full agreeance with Trump. I mean just look Miami in the last presidential election... It wasnt the win Biden was expecting.

Point is people probably identify with a political party based on race, religion, sex, and sexual orientation, but there is good amount of people who dont that would surprise you.
And a Mexican born woman just won a south Texas House seat as a Republican that has been a Democrat stalwart for decades maybe even a century.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I’m no fan of Junior, but I will give him credit for speaking in favor of the Log Cabin Republicans. That’s more than other high profile GOPers have done.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
Yes in a more heavily Democratic district, after realignment, against a popular Democrat...
I think that was one of the few places where the rep(tile)s had to give a little ground in their redraw. There were too many competitive districts for them last time. For instance, Crenshaw's district was revised to lock him in. You literally can't drive through the district without leaving it a half dozen times. See below (red x NW of downtown is near mi casa)

Capture.JPG

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
I think that was one of the few places where the rep(tile)s had to give a little ground in their redraw. There were too many competitive districts for them last time. For instance, Crenshaw's district was revised to lock him in. You literally can't drive through the district without leaving it a half dozen times. See below (red x NW of downtown is near mi casa)

View attachment 25864
We can all agree that districts like this are insane. I wish they would go to a “normal” district boundary but both sides are too drunk with power to make it happen.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

A 66 year-old man wasn’t allowed to donate blood because he refused to answer a question asking if he was pregnant.

So apparently making a big statement about how anti-woke he is was more important than saving a life. There are probably thousands of people who felt the question is as silly as he does but just checked the “no” box and moved on.

Last edited:
Reactions: seebell

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
If anyone has been fooled into believing this is not about hate, this would seem to lift the veil of misunderstanding.

Thousands of the Texas Republican party faithful voted yesterday on a state GOP platform that calls being gay an “abnormal lifestyle choice,” declares the 2020 presidential election results illegitimate, and urges the repeal of the Voting Rights Act.

And, doubling down on the anti-LGBTQ hate, the platform says the party “oppose all efforts to validate transgender identity,” calling for bans on gender-affirming care for trans children and the passage of a “Don’t Say Gay” bill stronger than Florida’s. (The high-profile Florida bill, signed into law by Gov. Ron DeSantis in March, prohibits references to sexual orientation or gender identity in schools and is just one of at least 156 bills trying to silence speech about LBGTQ identities in schools that have been introduced since January 2021, according to PEN America.)

The ruling party’s political hostility to the existence of trans Texans has already had severe consequences in the state. Early this year, Gov. Greg Abbott directed the state’s Department of Family and Protective Services to investigate parents who appeared to have allowed their trans kids to receive life-saving medical care. Labeling such care a form of “child abuse,” the directive led some families to begin planning to flee the state. (A state court judge in Austin has issued an order putting most investigations temporarily on hold.)

The embrace of anti-LGBTQ ideology among Texas Republicans is a part of a national trend of hostile legislation and political hate mongering that is now leading to a surge of anti-gay violence. As the Washington Post reported this week, right-wing politicians and preachers have recently called for killing LGBTQ people or parents and teachers who support them. Anti-LGBTQ demonstrations and attacks have quadrupled over the last year, from 15 to 61 incidents; and a white supremacist attack on a Pride celebration in Idaho this month was only narrowly avoided.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
False equivalency is a hallmark of republicans. Welcome to my ignore list.
I mean, both sides absolutely unfairly redraw these districts...

Two minute goole search finds these.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
I mean, both sides absolutely unfairly redraw these districts...

Two minute goole search finds these.

Well, I was wrong then. My both sides hair trigger.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Whoever is drawing the districts is going to game it to their advantage. California uses some sort of computer program to make it non-political.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.