LGBTQ Issues: Will We Choose Love and Acceptance or Hate and Oppression?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Sobering opinion in the NYT.

Some of us grew up and escaped to cities where we could feel, if not safe exactly, at least a little less alone. We could find jobs where we didn’t have to hide who we were and tell lies about our “roommate.” We could find friends like us, a new family, to replace one we lost. Some of us stayed home or moved home when things didn’t work out in the city. But that story’s heartwarming only when the main character is a straight executive in a Hallmark movie.

Some of us go home for the holidays, where we are told to keep it behind closed doors. We step outside to walk the dog so they don’t see our tears. We call our friends back in the city. Our brother steps out onto the porch to tell us, when we ask why our family can’t just love us, “It’s all about the baby Jesus,” because he’s the only one who knows how much it hurts. And he’s the only one who can still make us laugh about it.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Reactions: Go Bama and 92tide

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Reactions: crimsonaudio

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Well, it could be. Im not sure what the benefit would be but if he can avoid hate crimes, his case stays out of federal court and within Colorado. Its a stretch. But to do so this he has to portray himself as the very thing he hated. This young man was abused in all manner of ways and it ultimately led to this.
The video of his father's reaction above is all you need to know. Lotsa issues there...

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee

The Colorado shooter’s dad on finding out his son murdered people: “They started telling me about the incident, a shooting... And then I go on to find out it’s a gay bar. I got scared, ‘****, is he gay?’ And he’s not gay, so I said, phew… I am a conservative Republican.” (
@CBS8
)
That guy must be a graduate of the Ed Orgeron School of Public Speaking.

What an ass.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al

More than 40,000 homes and businesses lost electrical power Saturday night in a central North Carolina county in what authorities suspect to be a coordinated attack.
The outage occurred the same night as a controversial drag show was scheduled in one of the county’s towns.
One of the organizers of protests against the drag show, Emily Grace Rainey, published a post to her Facebook page after the outage began stating, “The power is out in Moore County and I know why.”
She then posted a second statement with a picture of the exterior of the darkened theater stating, “God will not be mocked.”

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

More than 40,000 homes and businesses lost electrical power Saturday night in a central North Carolina county in what authorities suspect to be a coordinated attack.
The outage occurred the same night as a controversial drag show was scheduled in one of the county’s towns.
One of the organizers of protests against the drag show, Emily Grace Rainey, published a post to her Facebook page after the outage began stating, “The power is out in Moore County and I know why.”
She then posted a second statement with a picture of the exterior of the darkened theater stating, “God will not be mocked.”
these folks don't seem to realize that it is them mocking god with their nastiness. but self awareness has never been a trait of zealots

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Sounds exactly like domestic terrorism to me.

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States
Let’s knock out power for half the town, inconveniencing a bunch of people and possibly putting lives at risk so one building can’t host a drag show.

Sounds like the Lord’s work to me.
If their faith determines that they don't want to see a drag show.... then don't go. No one is forcing them to attend.

It's something I don't understand & have seen in my own family. Everything is temptation & evil. They won't (or allow their 30-year-old child to) watch a movie with the word damn in it. I'm admittedly not really religious at all. But if your faith is that small, that susceptible to outside influence that you have to shield yourself from literally everything because it may tempt you & it scares you - is your faith really that strong?

I understand not taking the kids to a drag show - but I also wouldn't take the kids to a burlesque show - although I'd enjoy both myself. But no one is forcing attendance.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
If their faith determines that they don't want to see a drag show.... then don't go. No one is forcing them to attend.

It's something I don't understand & have seen in my own family. Everything is temptation & evil. They won't (or allow their 30-year-old child to) watch a movie with the word damn in it. I'm admittedly not really religious at all. But if your faith is that small, that susceptible to outside influence that you have to shield yourself from literally everything because it may tempt you & it scares you - is your faith really that strong?

I understand not taking the kids to a drag show - but I also wouldn't take the kids to a burlesque show - although I'd enjoy both myself. But no one is forcing attendance.
when I was 10 or 11 I went to Key West FL with my parents for the anniversary of my Uncle's restaurant and bar. They rented a party bus and we all went, 11 year old me, 13 year old brother, our parents and 20 or so very gay dudes with about a third of them in drag. They drank mimosas and I assume did a bunch cocaine and we had a great time. It is how I discovered both what gay is and that my uncle bill was very gay. Interestingly we also had lunch by a topless beach. Fun day I learned and saw a lot but it did me absolutely zero harm. Still have a deep recollection of that beach.

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States
when I was 10 or 11 I went to Key West FL with my parents for the anniversary of my Uncle's restaurant and bar. They rented a party bus and we all went, 11 year old me, 13 year old brother, our parents and 20 or so very gay dudes with about a third of them in drag. They drank mimosas and I assume did a bunch cocaine and we had a great time. It is how I discovered both what gay is and that my uncle bill was very gay. Interestingly we also had lunch by a topless beach. Fun day I learned and saw a lot but it did me absolutely zero harm. Still have a deep recollection of that beach.
Your parents are awesome. And at that age - yeah. I mean little kids. My little ones have seen drag in Mardi Gras parades but thought nothing of it, and we didn't bring it up. My oldest is 13 - old enough that I'd feel comfortable letting him see just about anything & make up his own mind. I wouldn't watch game of thrones with him - but I'm sure he's seen a lot more than I know about. Hell I was 16 & marched in a parade as Columbia from Rocky Horror - looking back I wonder if I'd be as open minded as my Dad was with my own daughter when she is that age.

My oldest & youngest would have no issue w/ a nude beach. My middle is very modest and doesn't want anyone to see him or see anyone else. So we respect his boundaries & he's learned to knock on doors most of the time.

Reactions: Go Bama

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Your parents are awesome. And at that age - yeah. I mean little kids. My little ones have seen drag in Mardi Gras parades but thought nothing of it, and we didn't bring it up. My oldest is 13 - old enough that I'd feel comfortable letting him see just about anything & make up his own mind. I wouldn't watch game of thrones with him - but I'm sure he's seen a lot more than I know about. Hell I was 16 & marched in a parade as Columbia from Rocky Horror - looking back I wonder if I'd be as open minded as my Dad was with my own daughter when she is that age.

My oldest & youngest would have no issue w/ a nude beach. My middle is very modest and doesn't want anyone to see him or see anyone else. So we respect his boundaries & he's learned to knock on doors most of the time.
Dad was awesome, mom still is. They never missed an opportunity to have fun and my Uncle Bill was always fun.

We are pretty open minded with our kids. Seems to have worked out fine.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
good thing these brave patriots are willing to protect our children (in blue due to poe's law)

In the face of threats from neo-Nazis and Proud Boys to rally outside of a Unitarian Universalist church, local leaders told people not to hold a counter protest and police stood by as white supremacists were allowed to march around local neighborhoods while heavily armed.

---
A massive convergence of right wing militants in Columbus, some armed, just shut down a drag holiday event. Organizers expected police to show, unsurprisingly, they did not. Or they did dressed in black/yellow. Proud Boys and Patriot Front are emboldened after Club Q.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.