Game Thread: Liberty Bowl: Mississippi State vs. Texas Tech (ESPN @ 5:45 CT)

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Most overrated coach in football. “Look he has something funny to say about Halloween Candy, he must know X’s and O’s.” Nobody gets more airtime for coaching .500 teams than Leach.
I’m no Leach fan, but he took the 71st and 90th winningest programs to heights they have never been before. Is his philosophy overly simple? Yes. They have like 3 plays, run to open grass. But it works and he has the discipline to stick with it.
838125C6-F2DF-4759-AF63-F7997A853FDB.png

lowend

All-SEC
Feb 20, 2005
7-6 seems about right for Leach & MSU. I'm not surprised. Even during the high point of the Mullen years there was only one 10 win season. That being said, I'm surprised they rolled over like they did. Is that characteristic of Leach's past teams?

1640790622841.png

scrybe

3rd Team
Sep 6, 2019
The mighty SEC: 0 - 4 and 1 no show. Am I forgetting anyone? I actually thought this had a chance to be a good game, but MSU didn’t show up or I guess several of their players didn’t.
Didn't wanna be there, I guess.

rolltd

3rd Team
Dec 15, 2010
Meh, the three teams who have lost so far were a combined 18-21, playing against teams with a combined records of 30-10. Tonight's TT/MSU game is the first time an SEC team has faced a record with a lesser record.

I mean, I don't really care, I hate every team in the SEC not named Alabama. But the deck has been stacked against the SEC so far.
Slice it however you like, SEC losing this many games to second tier teams is a bad reflection on the conference

Reactions: teamplayer

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Slice it however you like, SEC losing this many games to second tier teams is a bad reflection on the conference
My point is no one but G5 conferences give a crap - anyone with two brain cells sees how the deck has been stacked.

And the SEC teams that have played so far have sucked, so who cares if they suck?

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I still watch some of these bowl games but I find it difficult to pull for a team to win because nowadays the team that wins will be the one who doesn’t have COVID issues and who has the less amount of players that have opted out. These are not the same teams that started the season or that peaked toward the end.

rolltd

3rd Team
Dec 15, 2010
That has zero impact on Alabama, so why would an Alabama fan care?
This is our conference, the teams we play against, the teams I watch and keep up with. I want the conference represented well against others. I don't hate all of the SEC, just a couple

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Those teams and their fans want Alabama to lose every game. :cautious:
Yup.

I'd be happy if the SEC went 2-12 in the postseason.
Yep, my time living in Tennessee showed me this. If we lost to anybody the people were all over me. We had to win every single game for me to have peace during the fall. It wasn’t just Tennessee fans either. It was fans from most sec teams and some from other areas of the country.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I've never had a fan of any other SEC teams say anything positive to me after Alabama wins games.

I've had several (esp AU, LSU, and UGA) fans rub it in my face whenever Alabama loses a game.

I don't care about any of them at all except to temporarily root for them to win a game that benefits Alabama in some way.

Them winning Bowl Games does not benefit Alabama.

I LOVE Alabama. The rest of the SEC can go pound sand.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.