Live concerts are returning - here are the ground rules...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I posted this on FB (borrowed from a friend, slightly modified it):

The rumors are true - concerts are coming back. But before we get started, here's what you need to know:
———————————
RULE #1: No guest list.
Don’t ask. Not now. Not ever. Most everyone in the live music industry has been out of work for 13 months and they all need your support now more than ever. Buy the ticket.
———————————
RULE #2: Support local.
Before you buy that high-priced ticket to see that big name artist at that big corporate venue, consider putting that money back into your own community. This is the best way to ensure that a thriving arts & culture scene will return to cities across America.
———————————
RULE #3: Wear the mask.
If you’re going to a show, the mask goes over your mouth & nose. Period.
Vaccinated? Don’t care.
Already had it? Don’t care.
Rona is a hoax? Also don’t care.
We only get one shot at restarting this machine. Please don’t be the one that screws it up for everyone else.
———————————
RULE #4: They are not babysitters.
We get it. Social distancing sucks. Masks suck. You’re tired of washing your hands. After more than a year of isolation, all you wanna do is lean in close and spew your spittle on friends and strangers alike.
But it’s been 13 months. You know the rules by now — please follow them.
———————————
RULE #5: No free drinks.
Don’t ask. Most live venues have been shutdown for 13 months waiting for this moment. Support them.
———————————
RULE #6: Tip your bartender.
See rule #5 above. 20% is ok. 25% is better. More than 25% is best. Anything under 20% is a non-starter.
———————————
RULE #7: Support the scene.
Can’t make the show? No problem. It costs $0.00 to support it in other ways.
Share the posts. Listen to the music. Invite your friends to the event page. In order for this to work, we need all hands on deck.
———————————
RULE #8: Be kind.
Look, it’s been awhile - they’re gonna be a little rusty. Plus, so much of what needs to happen in order to bring back live music safely is new for all of us — fans, venues, promoters and artists alike.
There will be hiccups. There will be lines. There will be unforeseen circumstances. Be nice anyway.
———————————
RULE #9: Go to the merch table.
Support the artists. Buy the t-shirt, CD, poster, whatever.
———————————
RULE #10: Have fun.
You’ve been waiting for this moment for more than a year — so enjoy it.
Come out early. Stay out late. Dance. Laugh. Make a new friend. Discover a new band.
———————————
Let’s lead with gratitude and love. These artists and venues have been hammered as hard (or worse) than anyone by the pandemic - get out and enjoy their art, spend a few extra bucks, and remember that you're there to have fun, and so is everyone else. #KindnessRules

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
my wife and i had a good run of local shows in the 3-4 months leading up to the c virus and are looking forward to going out to see live music again.

we pretty much stick to eddie's attic and the variety playhouse and try to make it a point to hit the merch table at every show
The new masquerade at underground is awesome. The sound is actually better than the old (not hard) and no longer have the bouncing floor and the parking is much better. Highly recommended.

I was sooo excited for 2020 shows, AJJ (got to that one in Heaven at the Masq last Feb), Car Seat Headrest at the Tabernacle was in April/cancelled and Gorillaz was going to tour again and was hoping for a better venue than the infinite energy center out in Duluth where I caught them last time but would have been thrilled to have even that. I am with you on Eddies and Variety Playhouse, especially since the big upgrade they did a few years ago.

Can't believe it has been more than a year without a live show for me. longest since my kids were babies. Can't wait to get back out there

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
The new masquerade at underground is awesome. The sound is actually better than the old (not hard) and no longer have the bouncing floor and the parking is much better. Highly recommended.

I was sooo excited for 2020 shows, AJJ (got to that one in Heaven at the Masq last Feb), Car Seat Headrest at the Tabernacle was in April/cancelled and Gorillaz was going to tour again and was hoping for a better venue than the infinite energy center out in Duluth where I caught them last time but would have been thrilled to have even that. I am with you on Eddies and Variety Playhouse, especially since the big upgrade they did a few years ago.

Can't believe it has been more than a year without a live show for me. longest since my kids were babies. Can't wait to get back out there
i saw the truck fighters in purgatory at the end of feb 2020. it was one of the last things i did before things went sideways. that was my first time at the new masquerade and i was glad my friend talked me into going with him. it was a great show and a great venue

the variety is awesome after the upgrades

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
this is the truck fighters. i saw them on the american leg of this tour last year. they played the music from their debut album, gravity x (2005)

hell of a fun band to see live

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
this is the truck fighters. i saw them on the american leg of this tour last year. they played the music from their debut album, gravity x (2005)

hell of a fun band to see live

hmm not familiar with them but am enjoying right now. This is a band I could get into

My last show at the Variety Playhouse was Car Seat Headrest, I didn't know them at all but took my daughter and her buddy and was blown away by how good they were some 16 year olds have good taste in music. One of my favorites now. That venue has become one of my favorites since the upgrade. The 2020 show was at the Tabernacle, Atlanta's best venue in my opinion. I even bought VIP upgrades for that show so we wouldn't have to go early and had reserved balcony seating.

Reactions: 92tide

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
hmm not familiar with them but am enjoying right now. This is a band I could get into

My last show at the Variety Playhouse was Car Seat Headrest, I didn't know them at all but took my daughter and her buddy and was blown away by how good they were some 16 year olds have good taste in music. One of my favorites now. That venue has become one of my favorites since the upgrade. The 2020 show was at the Tabernacle, Atlanta's best venue in my opinion. I even bought VIP upgrades for that show so we wouldn't have to go early and had reserved balcony seating.

those guys are pretty good for being so young

for the truck fighters, check out gravity x and phi, their first two albums. great driving music.

the guitarist just released a new project under the band name enigma experience. i just started listening to it and haven't made it all the way through yet.

surprisingly enough, i still have never been to the tabernacle.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
those guys are pretty good for being so young

for the truck fighters, check out gravity x and phi, their first two albums. great driving music.

the guitarist just released a new project under the band name enigma experience. i just started listening to it and haven't made it all the way through yet.

surprisingly enough, i still have never been to the tabernacle.
the Tab is great, was originally a church that shut down in the early 90's and then was The Atlanta House of Blues during the Olympics and maybe a year before it folded. Now owned by Live Nation (sadly) but still getting great shows. Seen Jack White, Trey Anastasio, The Raconteurs (one of Jack White's other bands), Kids in the Hall live show, George Clinton, Cake, can't even recall them all, though that could be a lingering effect of that Trey Anastasio show. Great acoustics, all the seats are good, easy bar and bathroom access, decent craft beer list, nearly the total package

Reactions: 92tide

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.