Looks like we have 12 early enrollees

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
EE has to be part of the recruiting strategy. You guys have what seems like 8+ a year, and other schools average maybe 3. Thats huge.
Yeah, when we continue to have so many guys who leave after their junior years, it is very nice if they are able to learn enough of the offense or defense to contribute some as freshmen. Being able to get spring practice under their belts is indeed huge. Of course, it would be better if we never have to depend upon as many freshmen as we did this past year, but sometimes those are the breaks.

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Unless you are in another sport, I can’t see why you wouldn’t want to enroll in January. You get to participate in spring training, which gives you a leg up on those who are finishing high school. You also get to get settled in college and get used to it before things get real in September.

I understand some schools may not allow it or a student may have academic or family issues that would prevent enrolling early. But if you are serious about playing big time college football, “I want to spend time hanging with my homies” isn’t a good reason to not do so. In some situations, a few months where you aren’t under a coach’s thumb could lead to trouble.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
EE has to be part of the recruiting strategy. You guys have what seems like 8+ a year, and other schools average maybe 3. Thats huge.
It is certainly a part of our strategy because we lose so many guys to the draft that starting freshmen at multiple positions is a yearly tradition. Getting that extra camp before they see game 1 is just a huge boon for their performance.

Reactions: Con

Bama9001

1st Team
Sep 26, 2017
We were expecting a couple other early enrollees. Since those guys signed I'm assuming they just didn't get their course work completed as quickly as hoped.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.