LSU and Ed Orgeron have reached a separation agreement

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I read where the brass at LSU have Tucker at the top of their list. If so, it'll be interesting to see if he's interested. He does have a good thing going at Michigan State, as they're undefeated.
As a reminder, folks, LSU isn't any better at hiring coaches than we are.

Since Cholly Mac got canned - and then given another year:

Bo Rein - probably a good hire, killed in crash, we'll never know
Jerry Stovall - basically settled for a former LSU hero, canned him in four years
Bill Arnsparger - he got tired of their shenanigans and left
Mike Archer - a blundering hire
Curley Hallman - an even bigger blundering hire based solely on what he did with Brett Favre at USM
Gerry DiNardo - another of the "but he did good for being at Vandy" coaches who had no business getting the job
Nick Saban - this was flat out getting lucky, nobody knew how he'd be
Les Miles - to replace Saban this was actually a decent hire at the time
Ed Orgeron - you won a championship that 30 other coaches could have won and not followed with a free fall

So they've basically hit on Arnsparger (who nobody wanted), Saban, and Miles.

I half expect them to go through a long process and announce they've hired the Ghost of Knute Rockne.

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018
If I was in a position to be a HC (of course i am not) then LSU would not be on a priority list for me by any means. There are way too many off field sanction and political problems. This paired with the fact that they have proven twice now that they will fire a coach who has won them a national title. The leash is short there and the competition is fierce

Joefus

1st Team
Jan 3, 2021
tucker or arranda would be the two home run hires I think they could actually pull off. No big name HC is gonna leave a good situation for lsu. It’s going to have to be an up and comer or a former big name carrying baggage. Like a Lane or a 2018 sark

Reactions: Con

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
The firing with full payout is most interesting to me.

O is going to be deposed by the feds in the Title IX case. He now has no reason to lie….unless there’s a clawback clause in the payout covering misdeeds during his employment that come to light after he’s gone.

An NDA is not a valid reason to refuse testimony in a federal deposition. And perjury is a felony.

As Lane Kiffin says, “Buy popcorn.”

Last edited:

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
The firing with full payout is most interesting to me.

O is going to be deposed by the feds in the Title IX case. He now has no reason to lie….unless there’s a clawback clause in the payout covering misdeeds during his employment that come to light after he’s gone.

An NDA is not a valid reason to refuse testimony in a federal deposition. And perjury is a felony.

As Lane Kiffin says, “Buy popcorn.”
Well, I guess it depends on what “join them in their defense against any charges” means; that seems to go further than just a standard NDA. But I’m not a lawyer (I know some on here are), didn’t play one on TV and didn’t stay at an HI Express last night, so I have no idea…😀

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I have to admit I thought Fisher would take the LSU job, think that ship has sailed. I still believe Kiffin may be in play but, am beginning to think it could come down to Dave Aranda or Mel Tucker. Aranda has more recent ties to LSU than Tucker which might factor in the selection. Both are defensive minded coaches, so either one will have to put together a quality coaching staff. Gonna be an interesting rest of the year.

Reactions: Ole Man Dan

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I have to admit I thought Fisher would take the LSU job, think that ship has sailed. I still believe Kiffin may be in play but, am beginning to think it could come down to Dave Aranda or Mel Tucker. Aranda has more recent ties to LSU than Tucker which might factor in the selection. Both are defensive minded coaches, so either one will have to put together a quality coaching staff. Gonna be an interesting rest of the year.
I think Fisher went out of play when TAMU beat Alabama.
Fisher's stock went up.
I think now TAMU would meet any offer made by LSU.

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn
I know there is a thread i couldn't find it, with the right hire (just like Bama with Saban) Lsu could be dangerous, i heard Max Howell on radio this morning and usually he's in the know, it's James Franklin's to turn down number two would be Mel Tucker before it gets to Lane. I know it's not important to us but just wondering what everyone take is

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.