Link: LSU Losing Tons To The Draft and Other Employers

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
They just had breaking news (this term is so overused) on WJOX in Bham that Baylor is locking in on Aranda.

So good chance they lose both coordinators and half their starters. Just another year at Bama but lets see how the Ogre gets through this one.
LSU has proven that they are willing to pay top dollar for a coordinator. They will have people lining up to apply --

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
The only question that I think is relevant - can he produce the same game plans without Brady. Yes, he called the plays, but who made the game plans? It sounds easy - saw it last year, reproduce it next year. If it was that easy, everyone would be Kiffin or Sark.
I wonder the same thing. Also, next year every opposing team will have more game film on what LSU's offense looks like. Not sure how much more wrinkles can be added with newer, more inexperienced players, and no Joe Brady. I don't know much about x's and o's details though, so maybe they can be added.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
LSU has proven that they are willing to pay top dollar for a coordinator. They will have people lining up to apply --
I hope LSU does not try to get any of our coaches, especially the ones Saban wants to keep. If Saban is planning on changing DC's, I hope he has a few good ones ready to be offered, especially if LSU will also be looking for a DC if Aranda leaves.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I hope LSU does not try to get any of our coaches, especially the ones Saban wants to keep. If Saban is planning on changing DC's, I hope he has a few good ones ready to be offered, especially if LSU will also be looking for a DC if Aranda leaves.
If What the rumors are true about Alabama expecting to replace 2-3 coaches, then I wouldn't be shocked if they ended up on LSU Staff... Which wouldn't be a bad thing...

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
It was not a harbinger of good.
And losing that game, I felt certain that Bama would then lose at Auburn. It's just the history of recent years, how this thing has happened. I'd close by saying 2020 SEC West is going to look like the Greatest Show on Earth, with the two new Mississippi coaches, the even year what-if's for Auburn, whatever LSU has left and with a mark on their back, and THE SABAN back in command. I feel sorry for SEC East teams that will play amongst the West.

Reactions: fireater

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
If Aranda indeed takes the Baylor job, don't be surprised if he takes LSU CB Coach Raymond with him. Word has it that Raymond has been wanting to be a DC for a while.
Losing Raymond is a big deal. He is a very good recruiter and has developed some very good DB during his time at LSU.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I wonder the same thing. Also, next year every opposing team will have more game film on what LSU's offense looks like. Not sure how much more wrinkles can be added with newer, more inexperienced players, and no Joe Brady. I don't know much about x's and o's details though, so maybe they can be added.
Several former players and coaches (including Nick Saban) said on the pre game NC panel for ESPN that Joe Burrow allowed Brady's offense to do a lot of what it was able to do. Marcus Spears specifically said you can't just put anybody in a system and they all do the same thing. Talent and skill level of the player matters just as much as the scheme. Nick Saban concurred.

But make no mistake. LSU's offense will be the most studied offense in the SEC during the offseason. Which makes me believe there will be some intentional changes to it by LSU with keeping the same concept in mind.

Last edited:

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
And something tells me Coach O is not the guy to hold things together through a whole bunch of turmoil. I may be dead wrong, but that's my feeling.
He does have a CLASSY Locker room. Slapping an Officer on the buttocks and passing out ???$$$$$$$$??? Ten years ago Coaches didn't have to worry about iPhones and recordings of things that happen in a winning locker room. This just showed that they had NOT been there for several years and didn't know how to act. Have Alabama players ever been threatened by an OFFICER of the Law for smoking CIGARS in the Locker room after a 10RC Vol game?

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Several former players and coaches (including Nick Saban) said on the pre game NC panel for ESPN that Joe Burrow allowed Brady's offense to do a lot of what it was able to do. Marcus Spears specifically said you can't just put anybody in a system and they all do the same thing. Talent and skill level of the player matters just as much as the scheme. Nick Saban concurred.

But make no mistake. LSU's offense will be the most studied offense in the SEC during the offseason. Which makes me believe there will be some intentional changes to it by LSU with keeping the same concept in mind.
The main thing LSWho had was an ACCURATE passer throwing to WR's who could go up and catch the ball. I saw one segment on the SECN that shows Brady's influence on those WR's and emphasis on catching any ball coming in their direction. Well, add to that a very hungry and mature RB.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I agree. To add that, Alabama and LSU does use same concepts on offense... Brady is just good at keying in certain receivers and getting them open. It will be reviewed by several teams, but with so many changes on LSU and etc, What worked for LSU... may be used against them... Alabama is capable of doing same thing, and I think maybe Ole Miss but that's bout it.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
The main thing LSWho had was an ACCURATE passer throwing to WR's who could go up and catch the ball. I saw one segment on the SECN that shows Brady's influence on those WR's and emphasis on catching any ball coming in their direction. Well, add to that a very hungry and mature RB.
I will say it again, Brady gets all the credit and rightfully so, but it took Burrow's talents ( accuracy and decision making skills) along with very good WRs to execute those schemes and not too mentioned a very good RB in Helaire. . Duplicating it will be no easy task!

Reactions: Al A Bama

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
No doubt but the point is will they be as good and how will all involved handle the change in styles, terminology and how the staff works together.
The thing about change, is it is rarely a zero sum transaction. We should all know this first hand with all the ripple effects that we've witnessed to our program each year we have player attrition and coaching turnover.

Last edited:
Reactions: TiderJack

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Exactly! We more than any other team should know how hard it is and how long it takes to get a chemistry that works for everybody. There will be a fall off for the corndogs.
By the time we play them, they’ll have the issues worked out. Too bad we can’t play them sooner this year. That would be to our advantage I think.

Reactions: rtrbama1

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.