News Article: Lsu Micheal Divinity is off the team (Will play in the CFPCG)

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
And Tua's ankle is safer. Also, since the Playoff Committee takes into consideration injuries, this is different. If he's totally off, then he doesn't get figured back in when they start making selections...
I`d like to think so, but it was Delpit that went low on Tua last year. Can`t hurt though, one less that will try to put him out of the game. I try not to be cynical, but I think there`s a greater chance that Earth will spin out of its orbit into Mars tomorrow than them not ​taking at least one shot.

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
I`d like to think so, but it was Delpit that went low on Tua last year. Can`t hurt though, one less that will try to put him out of the game. I try not to be cynical, but I think there`s a greater chance that Earth will spin out of its orbit into Mars tomorrow than them not ​taking at least one shot.
Especially if Tua were to start lighting them up. I still think part of our objective in this game would be to keep their offense off the field. I don't trust our defense very much. And I have to think LSU will have the exact same strategy, as they were already a little less of a defense than they are used to, and now, have lost an excellent defensive player, particulary in middle of the field pass coverage.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Defensive lineman Justin Thomas left the program last week, also for personal reasons. Neither Thomas nor Divinity are starters, but both a major contributors, particularly for the LSU pass rush.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Defensive lineman Justin Thomas left the program last week, also for personal reasons. Neither Thomas nor Divinity are starters, but both a major contributors, particularly for the LSU pass rush.
Divinity sure seemed to have a big presence last year -- his slide is sort of sad....

EnterBama

Scout Team
Oct 24, 2018
According to the LSWho depth charts I've seen Divinity is listed as a starting OLB. Thomas was third DE behind Logan and Farrell Jr.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
It wouldn't be wise of them to try...………………..

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I read some parts of Coach O's presser on another site and he basically said there would be other games this year bigger than this one for LSU, and that he believes Joe Burrow is one of the top 5 recruits in LSU history. He said Burrow is just as good or better than Tua.. he just has to prove it on the field Saturday.

Wow... he tells his team not to give bulletin board material but he says this today.... I hope we beat them so bad Saturday!!

EnterBama

Scout Team
Oct 24, 2018
I looked him up and he was recruited as a 4-Star DE. He had Offers from just about every major SEC school.

My guess is he has some talent but obviously hasn't played very much. Might be one of those 'still waiting for the light to come on' situations.

Divinity is a pretty huge loss for them.

Oh and both Delpit (Ankle) and Stingley Jr are not 100% healthy for them either.

Jacob Hester was on a show this morning and mention DE Rashard Lawrence wasn't 100%. From looking at their depth chart they're barely 2 deep at most defensive positions so if any of them are walking wounded like we are at this point in the season they don't have much depth at any position.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
As much as I am glad for this due to Tua's ankle health, our most pressing concern is our D and pressure on their QB. If we stop their offense we win.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Jacob Hester was on a show this morning and mention DE Rashard Lawrence wasn't 100%. From looking at their depth chart they're barely 2 deep at most defensive positions so if any of them are walking wounded like we are at this point in the season they don't have much depth at any position.
lsu fans have stated the reason their Dline doesn't substitute enough because depth is not good or talented .

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.