JessN: LSU preview: Tigers are media darlings, but aren’t without holes

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
With anyone else, timing and routes are not as sharp, and it's very noticeable. Jones just doesn't do what Tua does.
No one does what Tua does, not Burrow (close) or anyone else. Should it be necessary to put in Mac, I have confidence he can move the chains and score. The drives would just be slower than with Tua.

OakMtn4Bama

All-American
Jan 10, 2007
Trussville
Al.com is quoting Gary Danielson saying that Tua is definitely not 100% at practice yesterday. He wonders about durability during the game.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Al.com is quoting Gary Danielson saying that Tua is definitely not 100% at practice yesterday. He wonders about durability during the game.
I think that Gary was quoting someone else who said that. I am not sure what Gary actually saw. Others are reporting that Tua is moving like normal.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I think that Gary was quoting someone else who said that. I am not sure what Gary actually saw. Others are reporting that Tua is moving like normal.
There is probably A LOT of misinformation being floated out there mixed with some truth. Ultimately I don't think it matters because LSU is planning for Tua to play, game planning as if he's playing and playing at a 100%. But in the event the information about Tua not being close to 100% is true. After watching Jones play quarterback and seeing how our OL stepped up for the team. I'm not that worried. I think we can beat them with Jones behind center. I really do.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
“I watched him in practice yesterday,” Danielson said. "He isn’t 100 percent. I don’t care what Alabama says. I don’t care what Tua says. I watched him. He doesn’t have that spring in his step. It’s not natural.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
There is probably A LOT of misinformation being floated out there mixed with some truth. Ultimately I don't think it matters because LSU is planning for Tua to play, game planning as if he's playing and playing at a 100%. But in the event the information about Tua not being close to 100% is true. After watching Jones play quarterback and seeing how our OL stepped up for the team. I'm not that worried. I think we can beat them with Jones behind center. I really do.
Went and read Gary's comments and gave a chuckle. Here is what he said:

“I watched him in practice yesterday,” Danielson said. "He isn’t 100 percent. I don’t care what Alabama says. I don’t care what Tua says. I watched him. He doesn’t have that spring in his step. It’s not natural.

"He’s OK. I’d be playing if I was him. I know that, but he’s not the Tua that started the season. He’s not as nimble as before. How do those body blows - or ankle blows - set up the football game in the third and fourth quarters.

“I wonder if anyone’s touched his ankle, let alone hit his ankle the way he’s going to get in this football game.”
Yes, Gary, Alabama players have been pounding on Tua's ankles in practice.

He has no spring in his step. He is not as nimble. What a doofus thing to say. Of course he isn't out there bouncing around. He wants to continue to get stronger, not risk a re-injury in practice.

This is Gary being Gary - looking for something new to say when silence would be so much better. Gary doesn't understand the art of shut the hell up.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

He has no spring in his step. He is not as nimble. What a doofus thing to say. Of course he isn't out there bouncing around. He wants to continue to get stronger, not risk a re-injury in practice.

This is Gary being Gary - looking for something new to say when silence would be so much better. Gary doesn't understand the art of shut the hell up.
You didn't know about his expertise in physical therapy and sports medicine?? :D

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Lots of wisdom there that these talking heads can't figure out.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I've only read/heard positive things about Tua all week.

Along the lines of 'He's 90-95% healthy if not 100% and looks way further along that he did prior to Oklahoma last year.'

I personally have the same opinion that this injury wasn't even remotely as bad as the one from the SECCG vs UGA.

They probably did the smart thing here and just did the surgery to 'Future Proof' Tua for the rest of his season and career.

He's a really fast healer and now both his ankles will be extra durable.

I'm so freaking tried of seeing fellow fans here and elsewhere refer to Tua as 'Fragile'.

Jalen had the exact same injury last year against UT and was out for 4 weeks until the Citadel Game. Would anyone consider Jalen...Fragile??

QB's are more prone to lower body injuries now because defenders are going low to avoid head contact which could result in Targeting and Roughing the QB.

The only way to try and avoid it is to throw the ball away 100% of the time and even then a Defender could make a bang bang play or commit a late hit.

Plus I mean good lord we've had a ridiculous amount of LB injuries for years now.... are ALL those guys Fragile too??? Because most of them missed several games if not entire seasons.

Tua has missed ONE Qtr against UGA in 2018 and 1.5 Games in 2019.... that's IT.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

gary at the seccg last year. "remember, jalen is not a 100% runner right now". next play, jalen rips off a long run outrunning the defense to covert a 3rd down.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.