LSU will require proof of vaccination or negative PCR test for game attendance

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
We are about a year ahead of where we should be in regards to events. Last year should have been no fans in the stands. This year should be reduced capacity and conference only schedules once again.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
i offset a hamburger or brisket plate by eating an entire cucumber

sort of the same logic. :)
I've never even considered eating a whole cucumber. What an idea. :)

I recently learned how to get a hotdog ready to eat in a microwave and I've been on a hot dog kick ever since...

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Fascinating. Two points:
  1. I'm willing to bet that's as much correlation as causation; maybe more correlation. I.e., people who eat a lot of hot dogs probably also make other unhealthy lifestyle choices that tend to lower life expectancy; but will an occasional hot dog consumed by an otherwise healthy person have any discernable effect?
  2. If point one is wrong, the same study showed a gain of 33 minutes for each PB&J sandwich. So, put PB&J on your hotdog and pretty much eat all the hotdogs you want...
I used to eat peanut butter with my hot dogs as a kid. I am going to live forever!

• Haha
Reactions: CB4 and Isaiah 63:1

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Just so everyone is clear and this doesn't go sideways (lest I be misunderstood)...

Everyone ultimately is going to have to make a choice. You CAN, obviously, go to a NASCAR race and get killed in the stands. I was once at a stock car race in England where on the same day a trunk (allegedly bolted down) flew off a car and into the crowd and hit both a woman and a kid near here. Neither was killed, but both were carted off in an ambulance. The same day, a tire blew and flew into the stands and knocked out a guy. And about a year or so after that, I was down close in the corner and a car hit the wall and a piece of fiberglass came off and put a rather deep "paper cut" into my ear. (Side note: seeing me crying injured, the driver got out of his car and sat on the fence (that's what you do in England) and consoled me, but I digress.

I am fine with LSU making whatever kind of mandate and I likewise AM JUST FINE if Alabama opts to not do so. Either way, they AND ALL OF US will be making a choice. I'm reluctantly making the choice to not attend any games this year despite being vaccinated because I have two brothers, the sane one and the one who subscribes to every conspiracy theory you can imagine. It's the latter that usually comes to the game with me - consequently, he is refusing the shot, and I am refusing to go to the game with him. In my case, a "no card check" mandate at BDS in and of itself wouldn't keep me away; however, going with someone I specifically know is both unkempt and unvaccinated is too high a risk.

I will not judge any of you for making a different choice, although I'll admit I think you should. (Such is judging your DECISION, not you just to make sure we're clear).

That said, I think this is good.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I used to eat peanut butter with my hot dogs as a kid. I am going to live forever!
I put instant coffee in a microwave oven once and went back in time three days…but I digress.

In full disclosure, I’m fully vaccinated as is everyone in my immediate family and household. I’ve actually been “back on the road” traveling since last August, long before any vaccines were approved or available. In every circumstance, on planes, in hotels, in cars, in public I did everything possible to minimize my risk.

Even today fully vaccinated , because I have two elderly people in my home, I still do everything possible to minimize my risk. I can’t chance bringing it home to them. I’ve avoided large gatherings, wear a mask in public, use social distancing and adhere to a frequent hand washing

For me, even fully vaccinated and with the follow up appropriate boosters, I wouldn’t attend a game. Reason is simple: no vaccine is 100% effective. And it’s looking like mRNA vaccines from Pfizer and Moderna may be less efficacious that our normal “flu type” vaccines.

As to whether a state or university can mandate such, that is for others to decide. But for me, I’ll stay home and turn on the tube.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
@We_are_Bama said "...last year should have been no fans in the stands..." I'm just wondering, on what factual basis?
Could just be her opinion - one that a lot of people on this board shared last year. But this is the football board and we can really head in the wrong direction quickly if we try to get someone to explain their opinions on this subject here.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Gotta add the jelly or it doesn’t count. :)
I like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with sliced bananas on it.

I had really wanted to go to a few home games this season, mingle with the crowd and everything, but I'm feeling a little reluctant now, even having been vaccinated. Maybe I'm being too timid?

I know this isn't feasible, but wouldn't it be something if the stadiums had a designated unvaccinated section.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.