LSU’s defensive coordinator search maybe is hinting at major problems for this year

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
MSU coordinator turns down LSU

After Freeman spurned them, you kinda went “ well okay Notre Dame has better job security and less video game offenses than LSU”. But now MSU’s defensive coordinator turns down the job. I just get the feeling that either Ed had an extremely short list of names or the people he is interviewing are seeing major problems for the 2021 defense and team as a whole because in no reality should a MSU coordinator job under Leach be a better job than LSU.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Any coach with two brain cells knows Orgeron is a 'dead man walking' - he's not smart enough to lead a program like LSU, so unless the lucks into amazing coordinators and just the right personnel, 2019 will be what most of us thought it to be - lightning in a bottle.

Why would someone uproot their lives to go work for someone who likely won't have a job in a couple of years?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
And they STILL had a top 5 recruiting class. You must have to TRY to screw that place up! I don`t even want to think about the wreckage that the SEC would have been if CNS had stayed there.
Proof that it's more than just talent on the field to build a winning program. If you don't have a talented HC, all the four and five star players in the world wont help you - they're just get to the wrong spot on the field faster.

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
Proof that it's more than just talent on the field to build a winning program. If you don't have a talented HC, all the four and five star players in the world wont help you - they're just get to the wrong spot on the field faster.
Wait, what? You mean all those folks saying they could average 40ppg with all of Bama's 4 and 5 stars are wrong? C'mon...don't bust my wannabe coaching bubble!!

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Any coach with two brain cells knows Orgeron is a 'dead man walking' - he's not smart enough to lead a program like LSU, so unless the lucks into amazing coordinators and just the right personnel, 2019 will be what most of us thought it to be - lightning in a bottle.

Why would someone uproot their lives to go work for someone who likely won't have a job in a couple of years?
I mean when a guy that his biggest jobs were his last 3 years. He was the DC at SDSU and at MSU and just turned down a pro factory for defensive talent at LSU. I think it’s clear that something is up.

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
I mean they just fired their DC after one season. Probably has to do with the buyout if I had to guess. As others have mentioned, Orgeron is one failed assistant away from becoming a defensive line coach again.

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
I mean they just fired their DC after one season. Probably has to do with the buyout if I had to guess. As others have mentioned, Orgeron is one failed assistant away from becoming a defensive line coach again.
Or one more rape allegation coverup from prison. I suspect that stuff has more to do with coaches not touching with a 10' pole than anything.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.

Why would someone uproot their lives to go work for someone who likely won't have a job in a year?
🤷‍♂️😂🤯

• Haha
Reactions: crimsonaudio

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
This. I think right now, smart, educated people with common sense who interviewed for the job realized that he may not have a job after next season, so it was better not to go there. What happened this past season, he mishandled lot of things and that was enough for others to take notice. He is better off promoting within staff and hope for best.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
I hate that it has come to be as is. Always enjoyed the rivalry during Chollie Mac days. Fans chattering before and sharing jokes afterwards. And food. But..McClendon was a Kentucky disciple.

Reactions: theballguy

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I realize the source is an LSU homer, but the article says Arnett wasn’t offered.

Do we have other information that indicates he was, but declined?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.