Lunardi: Bama hunted for #1 seed but ended up with a #2...

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
The loser of the UM/OSU game will be our best path back to a 1-seed. Will be hard pressed to see the winner of that game stay a 1-seed AND lose the regular season title if we win out and win the SEC regular season title IMO.

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn
I think Michigan or Ohio State will be a 1 regardless of their game against one another, because the big is a better conference this year

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I think Michigan or Ohio State will be a 1 regardless of their game against one another, because the big is a better conference this year
That could be possible, especially if it ends up being a close game between the two. I'm just going off of the fact that us and OSU were so close in the talks for 1 and 2 seeds when we were selected #1 a few weeks back. They were the team that ended up replacing us. Plus Lunardi made a good point about conference champs and 1 seeds. This only works if OSU loses to UM though. I don't think they will penalize Michigan for losing.The great thing is, we're not having to do any last minute work to make it into the tourney :)

Reactions: bamadwain

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn
That could be possible, especially if it ends up being a close game between the two. I'm just going off of the fact that us and OSU were so close in the talks for 1 and 2 seeds when we were selected #1 a few weeks back. They were the team that ended up replacing us. Plus Lunardi made a good point about conference champs and 1 seeds. This only works if OSU loses to UM though. I don't think they will penalize Michigan for losing.The great thing is, we're not having to do any last minute work to make it into the tourney :)
Yea for change lol

Reactions: BAMAVILLE

smith5753

1st Team
Sep 12, 2010
Guntersville , AL
The electricity around the basketball program is reminiscent of how things felt with the football program in 2008. Great things are happening now! I love looking around and seeing articles like the following that are about the Tide or success from our players at the next level.
913C3949-2BB1-46FE-9351-1C36E9CFA6A9.jpeg3BB5DE63-144D-43E1-ADAA-8F55C3584A9B.jpeg

Reactions: BAMAVILLE

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I must admit I have a little of "impostor's syndrome"... :)
Its understandable lol

I truly believe we are on a similar path of success as the football program. Not saying we are going to win a championship, but I do believe that we will be in contention for one as long as CNO is here.

I really believe the class coming in will have a legitimate shot at winning one (which is something we haven't been able to say in decades). And if everything holds serve the way I think it will, I will not be surprised to see next years team be a possible Final Four team. The guys that are possibly coming back plus the guys that are coming in will give us a roster that will be filled with depth AND talent once again.

:cool: But that's next year ... still excited to see what this team will be able to accomplish this year.

Bpilktree

1st Team
Jan 7, 2019
A 1 or 2 doesn’t matter much as long as you finish in the 3-6 overall seed that will keep you out of the Zags and Baylor bracket. You just don’t want to be one of the last 2 number 2 seeds and get in their bracket, if we see them hopefully it is in the Final four.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
A 1 or 2 doesn’t matter much as long as you finish in the 3-6 overall seed that will keep you out of the Zags and Baylor bracket. You just don’t want to be one of the last 2 number 2 seeds and get in their bracket, if we see them hopefully it is in the Final four.
I think in the NCAA first iteration of the first 16, we were exactly there - #2 to their #1 in their bracket...

Bpilktree

1st Team
Jan 7, 2019
I think in the NCAA first iteration of the first 16, we were exactly there - #2 to their #1 in their bracket...
Yeah they had us as #8. Nova lost Saturday though so we should be ahead of them now. I think if we win conference we will pass atleast 1 of the 3 big ten teams ranked ahead of us though.

Reactions: TIDE-HSV

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Houston lost tonight as well. If we hold serve Saturday, we can end up ranked 6th ...if we win out we could possibly finish in the top 5 since osu plays both Michigan and Illinois. Who would have thought we would have the chance to be ranked a top 5 team by season end?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Its understandable lol

I truly believe we are on a similar path of success as the football program. Not saying we are going to win a championship, but I do believe that we will be in contention for one as long as CNO is here.

I really believe the class coming in will have a legitimate shot at winning one (which is something we haven't been able to say in decades). And if everything holds serve the way I think it will, I will not be surprised to see next years team be a possible Final Four team. The guys that are possibly coming back plus the guys that are coming in will give us a roster that will be filled with depth AND talent once again.

:cool: But that's next year ... still excited to see what this team will be able to accomplish this year.
It's easy to "look ahead" instead of focusing on what might happen this year? It does feel like we are kinda like that '08 Bama football team (somebody else used this example) that is really good, but probably a year away.

At any rate, since we are just fans we can look ahead. I know the incoming talent is outstanding, but I'm wondering how much of an impact a couple of these seniors staying on might make on next year's team? Three seniors could choose to stay: Herb Jones (probably unlikely but who knows?), Alex Reese and Jordan Bruner could possibly stay. That extra senior leadership could be huge with what we've got coming back plus the great recruiting class.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.