Lunardi: Bama hunted for #1 seed but ended up with a #2...

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
I’ll say here what I said to some friends last night. If this team gets a 2 seed and doesn’t win the SEC tournament, then they’ll get bounced in the first round. They just don’t seem to handle the accolades for being good very well.

• Facepalm
Reactions: dayhiker

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I’ll say here what I said to some friends last night. If this team gets a 2 seed and doesn’t win the SEC tournament, then they’ll get bounced in the first round. They just don’t seem to handle the accolades for being good very well.
15-3 in their last 18 games. Only 3 losses. All on the road. All to tournament teams. All with questionable officiating.

I’m more of the opinion that our fans don’t handle the accolades of being good very well.

What does being a 2 seed have to do with winning the SEC Tournament? And what does the SEC Tournament have to do with the big dance?

These guys win even when they play poorly. They haven’t lost a bad game since December.

Last edited:

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
You realize that those things would not happen in that order, right? The seeding will come after the conference tournaments are done.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Reading all the posts it seems that we are all a little hesitant to go all in on this team...we've seen other teams fail just as well. I'm not sure how far we can go this year...but I am willing to bet that we will win a National Championship with Coach Nate Oates. He has that "it" factor...

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
It was a few guests on the finebaum show talking about how at least 6 of their teams could beat everyone in the sec. I personally can't forget how Mizzou beat Illinois...
That's just detached from reality. Which, most fans who call in to the Finebaum show are detached from reality.

There isn't a single Big Ten team that would run through an 18 game SEC schedule undefeated. I suspect there are 2 or 3 who would win the SEC... but not run the table. However, the tournament is a completely different animal.

Bpilktree

1st Team
Jan 7, 2019
Ohio State choke job where they couldn’t buy a basket last 3 minutes after being up 6 most likely just ended our chances at number 1 seed.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Ohio State choke job where they couldn’t buy a basket last 3 minutes after being up 6 most likely just ended our chances at number 1 seed.
Too much pressure as a 1. 2 is fine. Especially if we end up as the first 2.

Our fans can’t handle it if we were a 1 and lost before the elite 8

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I'm not a Braketology expert but it seems like 'Bama would be a lock for the Final #1 Seed if they win the SECT.

They would be ranked #5/6 or higher..... 24-6 Double Champions (Reg and Tour) off a 9-1 run in the final 10 games.

Even IF they somehow don't win the SECT it looks like they now have a #2 Seed locked up.

I'm so use to being worried about being on the bubble that I don't even know how to act with the team flirting with a #1 or #2 Seed.

This has been an AMAZING season so far......

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I'm not a Braketology expert but it seems like 'Bama would be a lock for the Final #1 Seed if they win the SECT.

They would be ranked #5/6 or higher..... 24-6 Double Champions (Reg and Tour) off a 9-1 run in the final 10 games.

Even IF they somehow don't win the SECT it looks like they now have a #2 Seed locked up.

I'm so use to being worried about being on the bubble that I don't even know how to act with the team flirting with a #1 or #2 Seed.

This has been an AMAZING season so far......
I know. I mentioned an "impostor's syndrome" earlier... :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.