Link: Lunardi projects Bama as a one seed for 2022 tourney ...

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
One of the things that makes Coach Saban great is that he knows how to handle success. He understands that success is fleeting and if you stop for a moment, others are just waiting to knock you off your pedestal. How many coaches out there are good coaches but once they got to the top once they were unable to stay there because they did not know how to handle success. I think CNO understands that you can't stop, even for a moment, to look back but you have to keep pressing forward. I believe the talent is now in place to legitimately compete for a national championship in basketball. At this point it becomes just as much mental as it does physical for us to be successful. If the team works hard during the offseason and does not let the rat poison get to them then this should be a very fun upcoming season for Alabama basketball.

Reactions: NationalTitles18

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Just because there is good talk in the media, that doesn't make it rat poison. It seems like someone had that comment after any good article late in the year.
I agree - it is helpful at this stage. It creates excitement about the program and likely creates a greater desire to work hard.

It can become a problem, but generally only after a team has had success. They made the sweet 16 and lost. I doubt that they feel like they have arrived just yet.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
I agree - it is helpful at this stage. It creates excitement about the program and likely creates a greater desire to work hard.

It can become a problem, but generally only after a team has had success. They made the sweet 16 and lost. I doubt that they feel like they have arrived just yet.
CNS's comment came in 2017, with 4 NC's in hand. I agree, very different circumstances. I'm not trying to single out Blindside with my comment, it's just that it came after every single late season article.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
If the players read it and watch etc.. and get to believing the hype which is usually the case, then yea it's rats poison.
You can believe the hype and keep on working. It takes confidence to win - a winning attitude. It only becomes a problem if the team or players on the team believe that they have arrived and stop working.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Because of the uncertainty of the roster, we are now a 2 seed. Michigan replaced us as the number 1 seed. Auburn has moved up to a 7 seed.

• Thank You
Reactions: seebell

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
As of Nov 19th, we are currently a 3 seed in the East bracket with Duke the number 1 seed and Purdue the 2 seed

Yeah he goes on about Purdue and Duke being in consideration for the final 1 seed, and then puts them both in the same bracket. And we get stuck with them. Of course this is all academic but still.

Reactions: BAMAVILLE

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.