Mac Jones - 3rd in 2020 Heisman Odds

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Hard to say what Bo Nix will be because he was almost wholly just a zone read + scramble throwing QB in 2019. For all the hype about how he already knew the offense, his grasp of the passing offense in the pocket was abysmal. The teams that beat Auburn did a good job of affecting Nix while keeping him in the pocket. Alabama couldn’t - in keeping with their season-long bout with bad discipline - so their offense torched us.

Reactions: Ole Man Dan

Jay Hughes

All-SEC
Aug 28, 2008
Newnan, GA
Hard to say what Bo Nix will be because he was almost wholly just a zone read + scramble throwing QB in 2019. For all the hype about how he already knew the offense, his grasp of the passing offense in the pocket was abysmal. The teams that beat Auburn did a good job of affecting Nix while keeping him in the pocket. Alabama couldn’t - in keeping with their season-long bout with bad discipline - so their offense torched us.
For 354 yards. 🙄:rolleyes:

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Of that group, I like Slovis, maybe Waddle if he has another great year returning kicks coupled with being the #1 receiver. I also like TUA , not included on that list. Heard it here first!

With 2 wins and a second, I’m A little surprised Rattler wasn’t on that list

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
They only had 2 good sustained drives the whole game. 1 in the first half and 1 in the second half. Their other drives were all short after starting with great field position. Look up the drive summary for the game. It makes it hard on defense.
Our defense gave up 25 more yards and 1 more first down than the great Jawja Bulldog defense vs the barnDC75F9A0-4871-42CC-B3C3-63083A95625F.png

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
They only had 2 good sustained drives the whole game. 1 in the first half and 1 in the second half. Their other drives were all short after starting with great field position. Look up the drive summary for the game. It makes it hard on defense.
Yep. In keeping with tradition lately, every bounce seemed to go their way. Nothing more. I’ll not be buying any sort of Bo Nix Heisman hype any time soon.

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
Of that group, I like Slovis, maybe Waddle if he has another great year returning kicks coupled with being the #1 receiver. I also like TUA , not included on that list. Heard it here first!

With 2 wins and a second, I’m A little surprised Rattler wasn’t on that list
Yep. Rattler would be my way too early preseason dark horse pick. Put a hundred on him now and you might be out a hundred this time next year. On the other hand, I think OU is a system club, like Texas Tech 10-20 years ago. And I think there’s a fair chance that your hundred now could be worth 250k next December.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Can’t figure out how to post tweets on phone since the change. Sorry.

Just post the actual url to the single tweet from your browser (looks like this):

Code:
https://twitter.com/SportsLine/status/1206029695638102016

or click the up arrow under the tweet and then click "Copy link to Tweet". Come here and just paste in the post.

Our software will handle the formatting. You just supply the link :)

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
We love Mac and we hope that he gets his shot, including being so good as to win the starting job etc. I certainly like what we saw in his starts. However I think being 3rd on the heisman list for next year is a bit speculative, and probably more indicative that the known quantities are heading to the pros.

Reactions: tideindc

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
And slightly behind Mac and Bo in 2020 Heisman odds is Roger Staubach, coming back to Incarnate Word U. to use his grad transfer year of eligibility after 56 years away from college football!

OneManBamaFan

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 30, 1999
Robertsdale, Alabama,USA
What happened in that game had more to do with what Alabama didn't do than what auburn did do.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
What happened in that game had more to do with what Alabama didn't do than what auburn did do.
I agree 100%. My point was that Bo Nix would have to improve considerably to be an SEC PotY candidate. Alabama's inabilities on defense played right into just about the only things he could do to move an offense in 2019: scramble runs and scramble throws. You keep him in the pocket and their offense grinds to a halt. It is really surprising too because Nix was suppose to be able to run this offense already due to similarities to the HS system he ran. Clearly the quality of competition took away his ability to execute in the pocket. It is maddening that our defense was so awful that the one thing they had to do, they just could not do it. They could've probably let the breast back run for 150 yards and still have won that game if they just kept Nix in the pocket better than they did.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.