Mac Jones Related News (Cam vs. MJ in New England)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I didn't see this posted on the "Pro" board but figured it would get a little more traction here since it's Bama football related. IMO, probably a good thing for MJ not to have the "starter" label on him. I figure he'll get plenty of PT in the NFL preseason games. Hope the cream rises to the top and he wins the job, eventually.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
To be fair, this will be Mac's first year as a Pro, compared to $cam's eleventh... :cool:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Scam will start, Scam will get injured (not wishing it on him - it is just something that always happens to him), then Mac will start.

The only question - will Mac play well enough when he gets his chance to keep the job? Time will tell, but I like his approach so far.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Scam will start, Scam will get injured (not wishing it on him - it is just something that always happens to him), then Mac will start.

The only question - will Mac play well enough when he gets his chance to keep the job? Time will tell, but I like his approach so far.
Cam always gets hurt because he always breaks down and runs. Despite the current love affair with running QBs in the NFL, it's hard for them to finish a season - or three...

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Cam always gets hurt because he always breaks down and runs. Despite the current love affair with running QBs in the NFL, it's hard for them to finish a season - or three...
When 6'4" 250 lb Cam Newton cannot stay healthy running in the NFL, that ought to debunk that notion for NFL teams entirely, but its just too enticing for them.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I feel like Cam didn't miss that many games until recently but I'm too lazy to check. He definitely has had a number of injuries though

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I feel like Cam didn't miss that many games until recently but I'm too lazy to check. He definitely has had a number of injuries though
That's just it though. It is a cumulative effect. It's the same reason RBs simply do not last that long on average. So I think you're correct, Cam did not start to deteriorate until about year 4 or 5 or so. Really, since his Super Bowl year it has been a decline in health. He should be in the prime of his career.

I'd rather have a Brady than a Mahommes. Even though Brady is on the opposite end of the spectrum, a QB that stays in the pocket has a far better chance of a 15 year career. Mahommes may adjust his game, and to his credit, he does tend to get down before taking hits, so maybe he's a bad comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.