Link: Mac Jones the next Joe Burrow?

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com

Love this quote from his HS coach at Bolles: "He's not afraid of competition," Belger said. "If he had been afraid of competition, he would have gone ahead and gone to Kentucky."

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
“He just fully committed to dedicating his life 100 percent on his chance,” Holly said. “With that change came the disappearance of any frustration, because he turned the frustration into a drive. … Once he had the ability to be a starter, he drove it all into his passion.”

This reminds me of the Auburn game. Two pick six would haunt anyone. Kid just kept on playing and kept it going ever since.

tlockwood

1st Team
Dec 15, 2000
Hephzibah, Ga
I wish more kids would see the advantage of staying the course. I understand the need for self gratification and all, but stories like Mac's should drive home a point.

Reactions: Con

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
In terms of going from out of nowhere to Heisman favorite, yes he's the next Burrow.

Now what I'm about to say may sound blasphemous but I see a little Tom Brady in Mac, not saying he's going to go to the NFL, win 6 titles and be the GOAT but he just has the it factor, won over the locker room, his receivers trust him, he looks calm on the field, great pocket presence, has total control of the offense and with the way the NFL is going now, yes most QBs run but if there is a young QB that can succeed at that isn't the most mobile, it's Mac Jones.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Man I love this thread. Mac has always had "it" in his own way. He's not a Tua, not Jalen or even an AJ. He's his own guy and I can see him just getting better and better. When he gets to the NFL I have no doubt he'll start somewhere.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
In terms of going from out of nowhere to Heisman favorite, yes he's the next Burrow.

Now what I'm about to say may sound blasphemous but I see a little Tom Brady in Mac, not saying he's going to go to the NFL, win 6 titles and be the GOAT but he just has the it factor, won over the locker room, his receivers trust him, he looks calm on the field, great pocket presence, has total control of the offense and with the way the NFL is going now, yes most QBs run but if there is a young QB that can succeed at that isn't the most mobile, it's Mac Jones.
Mac’s footwork and decision making is very reminiscent of Tom Brady.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I honestly think he's the best pure passer I've seen at Bama, he's making throws on the Pro Level, his throws are like Marino type velocity & accuracy..

It's obvious he's a true student of the game cause it's fun watching him study the field & literally dissect it as it unfolds..

His anticipation instincts as plays unfold is as good as it get on any level.. It'll be fun watching him in the NFL he's taylor made for it..After he wins us a NC that is..LOL

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
His numbers last night were good but not prolific like they have been. Add that to the fact that he is no higher than third on most national heisman watch lists and I would be very surprised at this point if he wins it.

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
I think he will raise his "Heisman" stock dramatically over the next couple of games.
Personally I don't care if he wins the Heisman or not (yes, on a personal level for him it would be great so not hoping he doesn't win it) as long as he can heft up the NC trophy with his team mates.

Reactions: crimsonaudio

OSUTideFan

All-American
Dec 17, 2019
Indiana
His numbers last night were good but not prolific like they have been. Add that to the fact that he is no higher than third on most national heisman watch lists and I would be very surprised at this point if he wins it.
The Heisman contention list got narrower with Fields’ subpar performance against Indiana. So it’s gonna be Mac Jones’ Heisman to lose. He’s better than Sunshine and Trask.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
The Heisman contention list got narrower with Fields’ subpar performance against Indiana. So it’s gonna be Mac Jones’ Heisman to lose. He’s better than Sunshine and Trask.
Trask's number will be better because he does not have a running back like Bama or clempson. Even ohio state has a better running back than florida.

RollTideMo

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 17, 2019
One thing I've noticed about Trask's stats compared to Mac is that when it comes to redzone offense, Alabama heavily relies on running the ball (hence Najaee's 16 TD's) whereas Trask and the Gators are pass heavy which explains his 30+ TD passes. If Mac keeps this up, the Heisman will be determined in the SEC Championship game in which I'm fairly confident we'll win by 3 touchdowns.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.