Mack Brown 's comments on Transfer portal

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
That would be universal from both schools toward each other. You can imagine if AU and UA were only 40 miles or so apart.
Not true. Bama fans in general don't have ill will towards Robby Ashford. But Robby Ashford also didn't badmouth UA the way Maye badmouthed NC State as an institution.

Reactions: Con

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Not true. Bama fans in general don't have ill will towards Robby Ashford. But Robby Ashford also didn't badmouth UA the way Maye badmouthed NC State as an institution.
I lived there for 15 years...both schools bad mouth each other big time...although I must say that UNC has an elitist attitude that makes them easy to dislike.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
It's a common joke in the Carolinas that NC State students are in Raleigh because they couldn't get into Chapel Hill. Some of that is true. Maye said it out loud.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Saban knows if Simpson is ready. If he is, forego Maye. If Simpson isn’t ready, get Maye if you can. I don’t believe Milroy is the answering today’s offenses. Blake played at a different time ( even if it was just a few years ago.) Plus we played better defense then, so points weren’t at a premium. Hopefully Simpson is patient to wait one more year.
Blake Sims, by his own hard work and with Kiffin's help, became a highly effective passer. Maybe Milroe will get there, but he's nowhere close at the moment.

Reactions: tideindc

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I lived there for 15 years...both schools bad mouth each other big time...although I must say that UNC has an elitist attitude that makes them easy to dislike.
It's a rivalry. I wouldn't hold much of that against him at all. Some folks mouth off, some folks don't. In our rivalry here in the state, it seems AU folks do more mouthing off but I am 100% AU fans would see it the other way. As a famous person once said, "it is what it is."

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere
...Blake played at a different time ( even if it was just a few years ago.) Plus we played better defense then, so points weren’t at a premium...
YearPPG ScoredPPG Allowed

36 points would've won us every 2022 game except Tennessee. Blake's TD pass to Kenyan Drake versus Florida remains one of the best-thrown passes I can remember seeing. Blake's performance that year remains underrated by Alabama fans...

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
He is better than any QB currently on your roster not named Bryce Young, IMO.
Yup. And he might be very comparable to Young. Dude is looked at as potential #1overall in the NFL draft in 2024 along with Caleb Williams

Last edited:
Reactions: B1GTide

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Yup. And he might be very comparable to Young. Dude is looked at as potential #1overall in the NFL draft next year along with Caleb Williams
If this is true -- and I still don't see how Drake Maye walks away from his family legacy not only at Chapel Hill but across all of North Carolina -- one possible explanation I've heard up here is this:

That to become the No. 1 pick, Maye believes he'll have to prove his mettle against better -- read SEC-caliber -- competition.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: The Ols and B1GTide

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
If this is true -- and I still don't know how Drake Maye walks away from his family legacy in Chapel Hill -- one possible explanation I've heard up here in the Carolinas is this:

That to become the No. 1 pick, Maye believes he'll have to prove his mettle against better -- read SEC-caliber -- competition.
Josh Allen hasn't done too bad after playing against inferior teams in college. I know the speed of the Defense makes for a learning curve...ACC is not quite as good but they do have plenty of good players.

AWRTR

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2022
YearPPG ScoredPPG Allowed
36 points would've won us every 2022 game except Tennessee. Blake's TD pass to Kenyan Drake versus Florida remains one of the best-thrown passes I can remember seeing. Blake's performance that year remains underrated by Alabama fans...
I agree that Sims is underrated and under-appreciated by Bama fans. He didn't win the title, and that weighs on him. Being a one year starter does as well.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Simms hit his ceiling and couldn’t get us past OSU in the playoffs. I do credit Kiffin for getting him that far.
IMO, that wasn't a Sims limitation. Alabama leaned too heavily on Cooper, and we just decided not to let Cooper beat us. Henry was killing us, but Kiffins game plan did not include Henry.

One thing that Kiffin struggled with back then - using a running game to beat your opponent.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.