Mahomes signs biggest NFL contract EVER

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
And players wonder why owners conspire. Brady deserves $1B in back pay.

Mahomes' agent, Leigh Steinberg, is a huge winner: 3% of $450m = $13.5m over life of contract.

Guess who else Steinberg is agent for? That's right, Tua.
Brady is an entirely different situation altogether. His wife makes a ridiculous amount of money. Brady can get a cheap contract in order to build a team, and still live in a castle. Most NFL starting quarterbacks don’t marry celebrities who make more than 90% of the NFL.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Brady is an entirely different situation altogether. His wife makes a ridiculous amount of money. Brady can get a cheap contract in order to build a team, and still live in a castle. Most NFL starting quarterbacks don’t marry celebrities who make more than 90% of the NFL.
Yeah, how will they ever manage to get by on $15MM per year? :rolleyes:

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Stupid contract.

This means K.C. will need to hit on their draft picks more than ever because they will need the cheap source of production, to offset Mahomes contract.

Yeah, Mahomes is their for a long time but it also ensures they are not likely to win another title. There is a correlation between a QB's cap hit and their teams chances at winning. K.C. flew by that number. Ask SEA what is the ramification for signing a QB to a monsterous contract.

Reactions: NoNC4Tubs

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
The No Trade Clause is the most interesting aspect of the contract because of the length and when the pressure finally comes down to a point of diminishing returns in the later years, it gives Mahomes the most control of where he can go next if he opts to wave it and move on. But $45mil a year is a pretty good salary at his age to play a sport you love. His agent is probably doing 1 handed cartwheels down the hallway with that commission check bonus for the year. :D
NM

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
I doubt this contract is written in anything like stone, but overall I think it is a positive move for both sides. I will always believe that the downturn in the Saints' success after 2009 had a lot to do with Drew eating up about 20-25% of their salary cap and then watching player after player walk away. The fact that Drew, and Brady both, were willing to take less to make it easier for their teams to fill out the roster with better quality players and that's what Mahomes' is after in his deal. The Chiefs' GM said that one thing Mahomes said in their negotiations was always that he wanted to make sure that there was an opportunity to win as long as he played. Both sides seem to think that's doable.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Doesn't she make in the range of 100's of millions/year? I remember reading an online article (years ago) that showed how much super models made compared to pro athletes, specifically NFL players. It was a huge difference.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Doesn't she make in the range of 100's of millions/year? I remember reading an online article (years ago) that showed how much super models made compared to pro athletes, specifically NFL players. It was a huge difference.
Gisele networth
Gisele Bundchen | Theo Wargo/Getty Images for NBC

Where did Gisele make her money?
At the height of Gisele’s career from 2002 to 2017, she was the world’s highest paid working model. She was making about $128,000 per day while working on fashion campaigns in 2014. Her partnerships with major brands like Chanel, Carolina Herrera, and Pantene help boost her earnings into the millions.
Bündchen also helped produce a few books about her life. The first was called Gisele and had a limited release of just 1,000 copies that sold for $600 each. The book highlighted her modeling career – and apparently people wanted to know about it. They all sold out before the release date.
In 2018, Bündchen wrote the memoir of her life called Lessons: My Path to a Meaningful Life. It became a New York Times best seller and no doubt the proceeds from the sale are also contributing to her massive fortune.

What is Gisele Bündchen’s net worth?
Tom Brady with Gisele and his daughter

Tom Brady and Gisele Bündchen | Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images
In total, Gisele Bündchen is worth about $400 million. She and her husband Tom Brady live in a Brookline, MA mansion with their two children. The house cost a modest $4.5 million, which is way less than they paid for their California estate, which they sold to Dr. Dre in 2014 for $40 million. They also own real estate in Manhattan.
Here’s the most interesting fact: Tom Brady may be a famous NFL quarterback, but his wife earns way more than he does. While Brady’s net worth is plenty high at $180 million, Gisele is worth more than double the amount that he is.
That’s girl power for you. Tom Brady may be coveting another Super Bowl ring, but no matter what happens, they still have enough cash to last them a really, really long time. Mostly because Gisele is a force to be reckoned with.

Right now she is living off endorsements and product lines, and she still makes double over what Brady does. It truly is a ridiculous number.

• Wow
Reactions: Con and Bamabuzzard

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
One of the guys at work was telling me that Bruce Jenner's youngest daughter is worth $900 million dollars because of a cosmetics line she operates? There is a tremendous amount of money to be made by convincing a woman that she would look better than she already does if she only bought..........

Reactions: Con

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
One of the guys at work was telling me that Bruce Jenner's youngest daughter is worth $900 million dollars because of a cosmetics line she operates? There is a tremendous amount of money to be made by convincing a woman that she would look better than she already does if she only bought..........
My buddy's now ex-wife (of three months) dropped $200-$300/month on cosmetics. That's not even counting the shoes and clothes each month. She did this 17 years of their 17 year marriage. He said "I could have bought one helluva bass boat." LOL!

• Sad
Reactions: B1GTide

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I think is crazy that just a few years ago we were talking about paying a QB the crazy sum of $24 mil a year. I personally think it will hamper the chiefs down the road, and wonder where NFL contracts go from here, albeit Mahomes is probably now the leagues best player. I guess the biggest concern is the salary cap shrinking due to COVID-19. The league is already floating the idea of a 35% pay cut for players this year to make up for lost revenue
I remember the quarter billion contract Arod signed in baseball and how many thought that was the end for that sport. So it will probably all work out! Of course, there are no Yankees in the NFL to trade for Mahomes!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.